my Jaguar dream come true

Moderator: Ghost Hip

my Jaguar dream come true

Postby tuj » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 am

Warmouth body and neck, copper-lined cavities, Mastery bridge, DiMarzio pickups; neck = PAF90 and bridge = Super Distortion, locking tuners.

so much gear...
tuj

committed
committed

Re: my Jaguar dream come true

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:46 pm

That looks awesome and that pickup combination is a favorite of mine. Is the switching all standard?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 pm

That looks fucking beautiful.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby tuj » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Yeah, I had the switching setup standard. I have a Jaguar HH that I like quite a bit, but this was sort of a 'dream guitar'. I ran into trouble wiring this thing back in 2015 and didn't have a good guitar tech to help me. So it sat in a case in the closet until yesterday when my newly found tech brought it over; he brought it to life!

I'm terrible at soldering, my hands shake too bad anymore to do it well. Pretty sure that's where I went wrong.

Anyway, this thing into my Emery Microbaby and a 10".Weber Blue Pup in a closed-back cab, well it sounds amazing. The neck PU is deep and bassy while the bridge is biting while not overly bright. Into dirt (Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom and Doom and Bloom, and Mountainking Huge Box) the pickups retain clarity. The action is nice and normal, slightly low with no buzzing or fret rattles. Tuning is super-solid even without engaging the trem-lock.
so much gear...
tuj

committed
committed

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 pm

That thing looks ready to destroy! good job!
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby ummohyeah » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:07 pm

as a fellow jaguar player, i am excited for you. that thing is perfect. well done. hope you enjoy it for many years. :)

what specs did you order on the neck from warmoth?
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Wow...that is one beautiful guitar! :drool: :thumb:

Any sound samples coming?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass