custom dan amrstrong guitar pickup adapters

Moderator: Ghost Hip

custom dan amrstrong guitar pickup adapters

Postby waltdogg » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:36 am

anyone have any pickup blanks for a dan armstrong guitar i can cut out to mount a normal pickup to? i had one a long time ago that i never did anything with so i just included it with my old dan armstrong when i sold it. but i just got a dan armstrong again and want to actually pursue this through this time because the stock pickup has no way to get any closer to the strings, which sucks.
Last edited by waltdogg on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: custom dan amrstrong guitar pickups

Postby waltdogg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:52 am

guess what. kent armstrong skill makes the covers and sells em for cheap. so for you dan armstrong owners that wanna do this. there's three websites out there. the one with the .vt email address is kent's official site.

so i guess we can forget about gci, and who knows when kurt will make more of his over engineered design. however i will have to cut the blank covers out myself but no biggie, i think.
Last edited by waltdogg on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby WORMDIRT » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 pm

waltdogg wrote:guess what. kent armstrong skill makes em and sells em for cheap. so for you dan armstrong owners that wanna do this. there's three websites out there. the one with the .vt email address is kent's official site.

so i guess we can forget about gci, and who knows when kurt will make more of his over engineered design. however i will have to cut the blank covers out myself but no biggie, i think.

Which pickup are you looking at? My bandmate in Gardens rock an Armstrong and he hates the pick up in it
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby waltdogg » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:
waltdogg wrote:guess what. kent armstrong skill makes em and sells em for cheap. so for you dan armstrong owners that wanna do this. there's three websites out there. the one with the .vt email address is kent's official site.

Which pickup are you looking at? My bandmate in Gardens rock an Armstrong and he hates the pick up in it

i'm gonna start with a seymour duncan JB and install that into the DA pickup cover once i get them. i spoke with kent today and ordered a pair of blank covers with the banana plug connectors.

this way i can raise the pickup to the proper height. DA pickups sound so weak because they're like a 1/4" away from the strings, pickups should be between 2 and 3/32nds away from the strings.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: custom dan amrstrong guitar pickup adapters

Postby waltdogg » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm

oh. i forgot to post the final result. works as designed. i still need to epoxy in the back of the pickup and set a nut for the pickup thumbscrew to attach to and hold the pickup down but that's it. i kinda messed up cutting the space for the pickup out with a dremel but oh well. i have another blank cover to attempt again with.

pics:
NSFW: show

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Nice work. :)* Let us know if you're likin' how it sounds in there.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby waltdogg » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:30 pm

it's a major improvement. it sound a lot fuller and distortion sounds a lot thicker. however, the jb is kinda dark in this guitar, i may try something else.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass