Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:51 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 pm

nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Nice! :!!!:

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Yeah, that new salsa update is rad. That's a bike I'm considering for the future/this coming summer!

Anyone do triathlons? I just signed up for a sprint length one to take place next month. I'm a pretty shit swimmer, so that part will definitely be my week leg. I've always been drawn to the idea of being fit for pretty well any activity, training for triathlons seems like the best way to accomplish this, so here we are :lol:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a Salsa Journeyman. My trail bike (Trek Stache) is a little overkill for the gravel trails and roads around here
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby dubkitty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 am

Chankgeez wrote:Also, where's Reader's Digest been that they're just hearing about "dooring" now?

https://www.rd.com/advice/travel/open-c ... ight-hand/

:lol: :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIf80eSfCg

i still have a bone chip in my right forearm from getting doored while riding to the 4th Street train station in San Francisco. it was fortunate that it was my arm, though, because it deflected the Econoline door edge that would otherwise have gone straight into my face.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 am

MrNovember wrote:I've been toying with the idea of picking up a Salsa Journeyman. My trail bike (Trek Stache) is a little overkill for the gravel trails and roads around here

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

The Stache is a beast and probably the best Plus bike you can buy off the shelf. I seriously regret buying the Fuse over the Stache (couple hundred bucks cheaper and came with a dropper so I thought it would be better in the long run but it's not).
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am

Oh, I wouldn't get rid of the Stache and would still ride it all the time. Mine is a bit older (2014 I think) and was converted to a 1x9; I absolutely love it. I just want something a little more road oriented due to the lack of proper trails around my house
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:45 am

Ok phew!
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby Harry_Manback » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 am

PeteeBee wrote:Yeah, that new salsa update is rad. That's a bike I'm considering for the future/this coming summer!

Anyone do triathlons? I just signed up for a sprint length one to take place next month. I'm a pretty shit swimmer, so that part will definitely be my week leg. I've always been drawn to the idea of being fit for pretty well any activity, training for triathlons seems like the best way to accomplish this, so here we are :lol:

I did my first triathlon in August (Xterra - sprint distance MTB and trail run). I'm a strong rider an can knock out a 10k run relatively easy. But I am NOT a strong swimmer. I did a fair amount of training, swimming open water and working up to 3/4 mile.

I finished the race but it was ugly. I totally panicked in the swim leg and over exerted myself (first race, first time in a wetsuit, couldn't breathe etc). I honestly considered tapping out (or just dying). I pretty much just treaded water for 25 minutes and was totally exhausted 1/3 through the race. I pushed really hard on the bike leg to make up time, and by the time I started the run my legs were totally shot with the worst cramps I've ever had. My goal of sub 10 minute miles turned into almost 12. I cramped so hard about 150 yards from the finish I couldn't walk and got passed by a lady in her 60s. Pretty humbling. :lol:

The good: with all the training I'm in the best shape of my life. And I didn't finish last in my age group.

The bad: swimming sucks balls. Learn how to breathe properly. I also recommend doing some legit "brick" training to prepare your body for the transition to different activities (I didn't do this). Getting off the bike and attempting to run was a complete bitch.

Good luck and KICK ASS. :thumb:
Harry_Manback

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Harry_Manback wrote:
PeteeBee wrote:Yeah, that new salsa update is rad. That's a bike I'm considering for the future/this coming summer!

I did my first triathlon in August (Xterra - sprint distance MTB and trail run). I'm a strong rider an can knock out a 10k run relatively easy. But I am NOT a strong swimmer. I did a fair amount of training, swimming open water and working up to 3/4 mile.

I finished the race but it was ugly. I totally panicked in the swim leg and over exerted myself (first race, first time in a wetsuit, couldn't breathe etc). I honestly considered tapping out (or just dying). I pretty much just treaded water for 25 minutes and was totally exhausted 1/3 through the race. I pushed really hard on the bike leg to make up time, and by the time I started the run my legs were totally shot with the worst cramps I've ever had. My goal of sub 10 minute miles turned into almost 12. I cramped so hard about 150 yards from the finish I couldn't walk and got passed by a lady in her 60s. Pretty humbling. :lol:

The good: with all the training I'm in the best shape of my life. And I didn't finish last in my age group.

The bad: swimming sucks balls. Learn how to breathe properly. I also recommend doing some legit "brick" training to prepare your body for the transition to different activities (I didn't do this). Getting off the bike and attempting to run was a complete bitch.

Good luck and KICK ASS. :thumb:

Hey! Thanks for getting back to this. Sorry it took me so long to see it :facepalm:

I'm swimming 3x a week and trying to do some brick training. The breathing is really the worst part. I keep trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, getting a plan, getting back in the pool and it's still terribly hard. As far as brick training goes, the move from pool to bike isn't too bad in training, but the bike to run is terrible. And in the actual events, I imagine swim to the bike will be worse because of adrenalin and open water swimming is different from the pool. I'm always nervous that I'm going to fall off the treadmill lol.

I'm trying to find an Xterra one for this coming summer but I don't see any posted yet. Trying to plan out a fun mix of a couple running events, some triathlons, and a big bike event that my sister wants to do. Should be a fit summer :lol:
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:24 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Hell yeah, Ryan Corrigan built that. Dude's rad!
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone have strong thoughts on cycling apparel? My sister is signing the two of us up for some big fondo style rides this summer, so I feel some need to actually kit up. I’m attracted to the aesthetics of the company Search and State, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the money. They’ll have some holiday sales, but it will still be expensive for a jersey.
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 am

i like Pearl Izumi bike shorts--i'm basic that way--and usually wear one of the old Patagonia long-sleeved underwear tops i bought for backpacking in the early 90s. those things last forever.

i need to find out how to renew my old mountain biking shoes. they're old Sidi Dominators that i used to ride through the rain in San Francisco in, so they're a little weathered, but i think they still have plenty of life left. i quit wearing them because i switched from clip-ins to flat civilian pedals when i no longer rode all the time. i'd just go back to the old Time pedals i used to use, but they got lost in my cross-country moves so i'm going to get Frog pedals. they have a larger platform to aim at, are supposedly superior at handling dirt and mud, and come on, they're called Frog!

the idea of a steel bike is really appealing. i bought my Klein in part because i wanted to maximize my efficiency, so it's stiff as hell which is great for energy transfer but can beat the shit out of you. a nice forgiving steel frame would be nice now that i don't have to struggle up the hill to get home, or slash my way through downtown traffic on the poorly-maintained streets. i used to have the hots for a particular Bianchi with Campagnolo kit which i figured i'd configure like a cyclocross bike so it'd be more likely to survive city life without constant flats.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion