Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby misterstomach » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

aens_wife wrote:Man. I just wrote a long response to a bunch of shit in this thread...and promptly deleted it.

Thanks for reminding women where a lot of you stand on these subjects, guys.

I wish I could hear it, but I get it.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 pm

lost in music wrote:Anyway, this oughta satisfy your angle grinder needs.

:love:

Mudfuzz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk:

I don't agree. The only time I have ever cared about what a pedal looked like is when I was having a custom one built and the builder asked what I wanted on it... To me they are tools to do stuff I want to do...

I actually agree with you for the most part (because, of course, they are), but guitar pedals aren't utilitarian in the same way as a power tool or a paint brush. :idk:

I would say the ratio of utilitarian to decoration is 1:1. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 pm

comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:54 am

Chankgeez wrote:
lost in music wrote:Anyway, this oughta satisfy your angle grinder needs.

:love:

Mudfuzz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk:

I don't agree. The only time I have ever cared about what a pedal looked like is when I was having a custom one built and the builder asked what I wanted on it... To me they are tools to do stuff I want to do...

I actually agree with you for the most part (because, of course, they are), but guitar pedals aren't utilitarian in the same way as a power tool or a paint brush. :idk:

I would say the ratio of utilitarian to decoration is 1:1. :snax:

Without tools it's a board, without brushes its canvas, without fuzz it's clean tonez.. It's all up to you to make it into something and make the things work for or against you.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 am

the thing i find striking about all this, ESPECIALLY in the TGP thread, is just how ready a whole lot of men are to mansplain to women what they can be offended by. seems kinda presumptuous to me.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am

Now what am I gonna call my feline filet grilled cheese sandwiches?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 am

actual wrote:
rustywire wrote:
rustywire wrote: :whateva:

This was my quick reply re: op
Here is the official POST A REPLY:
NSFW: show
:whateva: :whoa: :|: :whateva:
actual wrote:Go play some fucking guitar u fuckwits.

Honestly, if some dude called himself a pussy melter or referred to his guitar playing as pussy melting, most girls I know would laugh in his face and think that he wasn't shit, then go about their day.
Also achtane and a few other dudes said were right within the first ten posts of this thread, shit is dumb and TC are dumb. The following seven pages went somewhere along the lines of rabble rabble rabble.

Yeah I don't like to speak for others, but 'most girls' I know and associate with would side-eye this goofball shit like 'most people' who I know. Weird, right? Laughter would likely be involved, that egobruiser type. The cornball(s) responsible prob get roasted, along with interlopers who try riding the secondhand wave ripples of outrage. It's almost like there may be no correct response, but there is an incorrect one: reactionary pitchforks & torches.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 am

dubkitty wrote:the thing i find striking about all this, ESPECIALLY in the TGP thread, is just how ready a whole lot of men are to mansplain to women what they can be offended by. seems kinda presumptuous to me.

Dubs, isn't the inverse also true though? Who is anyone to to tell anyone else that they should be offended? My girlfriend is not offended by this, she thinks people who are offended by it are ridiculous. So, are you or any of the guys here, or women here, or around the world going to explain to her why she should be offended? Why does your opinion matter more than hers?

In summary, i am not advocating for people to be offended or not be offended. But rather that everyone stop jamming their own values down other peoples throats 24 hours a day.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 am

rustywire wrote:
Yeah I don't like to speak for others, but 'most girls' I know and associate with would side-eye this goofball shit like 'most people' who I know. Weird, right? Laughter would likely be involved, that egobruiser type. The cornball(s) responsible prob get roasted, along with interlopers who try riding the secondhand wave ripples of outrage. It's almost like there may be no correct response, but there is an incorrect one: reactionary pitchforks & torches.

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Now what am I gonna call my feline filet grilled cheese sandwiches?

Underrated post.

Also this:
Ugly Nora wrote:Dubs, isn't the inverse also true though? Who is anyone to to tell anyone else that they should be offended? My girlfriend is not offended by this, she thinks people who are offended by it are ridiculous. So, are you or any of the guys here, or women here, or around the world going to explain to her why she should be offended? Why does your opinion matter more than hers?

In summary, i am not advocating for people to be offended or not be offended. But rather that everyone stop jamming their own values down other peoples throats 24 hours a day.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 am

good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am

I am probably going to regret saying anything BUT

IT ISN"T ABOUT THE FUCKING JOKE. I like dirty jokes. A lot. But I don't make them everywhere, with all people, right? I edit myself for my audience (as almost all of us do) because I don't need to make people around me uncomfortable.

So when a company makes a "joke" like this with a product, what they are saying is that they don't give a fuck who is uncomfortable with said joke. That generally shakes out to them not caring about women's thoughts on this stuff. Sure, some women don't care. But everyone knows that *some* women do care. A lot. By making these jokes, companies are telling women that they do not prioritize them as customers - that they want the men who will laugh at that joke more than they want the women who will not.

Again, I am not a prude and if someone made this joke in person to me, I would likely laugh. But I don't appreciate this kind of marketing which is KNOWN to alienate women and attract certain types of dudes. This isn't rocket science or some kind of conspiracy to end all sex jokes, guys. It's pretty basic and lines up directly with how lots of dudes treat me (and other women I know) in this industry.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

aens_wife wrote:I am probably going to regret saying anything BUT

IT ISN"T ABOUT THE FUCKING JOKE. I like dirty jokes. A lot. But I don't make them everywhere, with all people, right? I edit myself for my audience (as almost all of us do) because I don't need to make people around me uncomfortable.

So when a company makes a "joke" like this with a product, what they are saying is that they don't give a fuck who is uncomfortable with said joke. That generally shakes out to them not caring about women's thoughts on this stuff. Sure, some women don't care. But everyone knows that *some* women do care. A lot. By making these jokes, companies are telling women that they do not prioritize them as customers - that they want the men who will laugh at that joke more than they want the women who will not.

Again, I am not a prude and if someone made this joke in person to me, I would likely laugh. But I don't appreciate this kind of marketing which is KNOWN to alienate women and attract certain types of dudes. This isn't rocket science or some kind of conspiracy to end all sex jokes, guys. It's pretty basic and lines up directly with how lots of dudes treat me (and other women I know) in this industry.

Thank you for saying this. No one but a moron would not fully understand your points. :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby infamousalien » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am

Ugly Nora wrote:Dubs, isn't the inverse also true though? Who is anyone to to tell anyone else that they should be offended? My girlfriend is not offended by this, she thinks people who are offended by it are ridiculous. So, are you or any of the guys here, or women here, or around the world going to explain to her why she should be offended? Why does your opinion matter more than hers?

People seem to like to gang up and feel morally superior to others. It kills discussions before they start. I just asked why people are so offended about everything these days and don't seem to take jokes as well as they used to. Never said they shouldn't be just wondered what the big deal was about a comedy band making a bad joke. Promptly got attacked, had my words twisted around, and told my opinion didn't matter. Then some one wrote an intelligent well thought out response. I got a better understanding of why people were offended by it. I saw it from a different viewpoint and my opinion changed. I'm sure there has been a time in everyone here's life where they saw something one way and then something some one said changed their perspective on it. That can't happen if the first instinct is to throw insults and label people (who are complex beings) insulting and often untrue things.

aens_wife wrote:I am probably going to regret saying anything BUT

These are all very good points that I hadn't initially thought of. Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience. Like I said before at first I somehow overlooked and ignored the corporation aspect (which is the most important part) until _themissingshade_ pointed it out to me.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Let's not pretend that there aren't companies that specifically target women as their customer base, in the process alienating men. I can think of numerous commercials based off some failed home repair that the male partner botched due to his incompetence etc.. while the female partner rolls her eyes and calls the professional - which as a handy dude I feel is not representative. I'm not saying it's the same caliber of bad joke, just that this corporate tactic is well known and used for numerous groups of people. If I owned a company I would try to be well aware of my target audience and what they wanted. I think that's the likely case here and ultimately it says more about the purchaser than the company. Corporate just wants that cash.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion