Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm

multi_s wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:Alien - My apologies if any of my comments felt like an attack on you, i was being sarcastic. I showed this thread to my girlfriend and she yelled at me for arguing for the wrong side. :lol:

ya i wasn;t sure if alien had caught that either but thought it was pretty obv after this sort of gold

Ugly Nora wrote:Ha Ha Ha and all, Chank, but it is not a far leap for the misogynists to go from saying women should stay in the kitchen, to saying they should be put in the oven..

Yeah, I was pretty happy with that one. Someone needs to sig that. I think it would be tacky if I put it in my own sig.

infamousalien wrote:Honestly after the last few years of American politics I don't think anything sounds like sarcasm anymore. Sad.

Yeah, I was going to say that the stuff I said was so absurd even for a liberal to say, that I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. But I think you make a great point. There are actually people out there who would say stuff like that. :whoa:

misterstomach wrote:It's a rare thing on the internet to see a conversation start to get heated and then evolve to a less heated civil discussion. Really nice to see here, and sort of a relief in a way, so good job, everyone. a reverse train wreck of sorts.

It is because people actually listened to each other and discussed it. And people on both sides of the issue made concessions and found common ground. This is why it is important to let people have and freely express different opinions, even if they are uncomfortable for us to hear or go against our values. Silencing the opposition is in my opinion the most dangerous thing we can do as a society, and it is going to come back around to bite us all in the ass. Seriously, did no one else read 1984 in high school?
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Absolutely fascinating how reactionaries these days are incapable of not broadcasting their belief via memes/buzzwords.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

that's re: some of the yahoos at TGP
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 pm

SNOWFLAKES AND SJWs TRYING TO TAKE OVER MAH TOAN!!!
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby _themissingshade_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:13 am

misterstomach wrote:It's a rare thing on the internet to see a conversation start to get heated and then evolve to a less heated civil discussion. Really nice to see here, and sort of a relief in a way, so good job, everyone. a reverse train wreck of sorts.

I second this. Cheers to healthy disagreement and the mutual desire to have fruitful discussions.
_themissingshade_

Postby lost in music » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

Uberlols at the tgp thread.

Now dont' get me wrong, I think some women might want theirs melted by Steel Panther. It reminds me of when Ice T was on Oprah defending the lyrics to Iceberg:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/5fO-KzW1YXw?t=7m40s[/youtube]

"Maybe some girls like to do it with a flashlight!" :lol:

I have no problem with Steel Panther for being as raunchy as they are or even living the vacuous hair metal douchebag dream, as long as everything's consensual. I think it's great for people to live openly sexual lives, and in no way should prudishness infringe on that.

I DO think that TC having that name for a pedal preset could be insulting and it was right for people to reach out and ask them to kindly cut that shit out.

And that's sort of a risk that's come up as a result of decades-long tradition of "artistic" naming of guitar pedals. In the last year or so, I've become increasingly disenchanted with the whole concept of pedal graphics at all and pedal names that sound like they're out of a comic book or whatever. Invisible Man's steez is very appealing to me at the moment.

I like to think of pedals as tools or art supplies. But when I go into Home Depot to buy an angle grinder, my choices are informed by how much power does it take and what size is the disc. "Oh, it's a 7.5 Amp 4-1/2 in. Paddle Switch Angle Grinder? Thanks, Makita!" Similarly if I go into Michael's to buy paintbrushes and canvas - what size is the brush, what is it made of, etc.. But then I walk into a guitar store and suddenly my choice of tools is limited by "well, does this have a picture of a pickle jerking off on the front of it?" etc.

Anyway, this may be a bit of an old man yells at cloud rant. Creative pedal names are a tradition that goes back to the first guitar pedals and are certainly an entrenched part of the industry. But what I'm trying to say is that the risk of offensive pedal names may come with the territory to a certain extant, but that territory itself is stupid.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Is that pickle really jerkin' off though or is that only what you're perceivin'? :D

Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk:

I kinda wish they'd start marketing paddle switch angle grinders that way. :poke:

There's also not as much competition in the power tool market. They can stick to specs in their ads and leave it at that. :whateva:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lost in music » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

Look, something's happening to that pickle and I don't relish having to think about it any harder.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby lost in music » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am

Anyway, this oughta satisfy your angle grinder needs.

lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:03 am

FWIW, I watched a T.Rex documentary awhile back, and they were interviewing some guy who was their manager or part of the road crew or somebody like that. He stated that their audience was largely made up of teenage girls and at the shows there was the smell of urine, due to the girls wetting themselves.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

Chankgeez wrote:Is that pickle really jerkin' off though or is that only what you're perceivin'? :D

Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk: :

I don't agree. The only time I have ever cared about what a pedal looked like is when I was having a custom one built and the builder asked what I wanted on it... To me they are tools to do stuff I want to do...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am

god, that TGP thread was like reading the comments section in the Washington Times. sometimes i really, really hate men.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 am

So, it seems this thread reached the desired turmoil intended. Am I right JR? You posted it just to make people fight right? Otherwise, why post it?

This topic is fucking ridiculous and by association, most of you are acting like jackasses to each other. Is this really what this forum has turned into? This isn't Facebook, can we stop trying to turn it into it?

A bunch of men arguing over sexism?

This is the reason this place sucks ass these last couple of years. Everyone is allowing themselves to hate or be angry about shit they cannot control (clearly you cannot control someone's belief's, especially by being a cunt about it).
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby aens_wife » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am

Man. I just wrote a long response to a bunch of shit in this thread...and promptly deleted it.

Thanks for reminding women where a lot of you stand on these subjects, guys.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion