The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:39 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Okami is great, though the art is definitely more compelling than the gameplay after a while. Still a really fun one though.

Truth. I played it solidly on PS3, grinding away at the myriad collectables with some intention of getting 100% but got burnt out before the last chunk of the game and never finished it.

Sounds a lot like my experience. :lol: :lol: It's one of the few ps2 games I've kept in the vague plan of playing again sometime but I probably won't.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm

The new God of War might make me get a proper HDMI switch and plug the PS4 again...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am

Yeah, I was never a fan of the original games, but this one is looking pretty good. Just the third person view is a lot more workable for me.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

MrNovember wrote:
calfzilla wrote:I picked up FarCry 5 and Okami HD this weekend... Never played Okami before, didn't get too far into it. Seems fun.

FarCry seems waaayyyy harder than previous installments. I may actually pony up for a season pass on this game since there is supposed to be a zombie mode. The game is a lot of fun, but some stuff isn't easy, like remembering which bunker you dropped your bow off in :picard: Gotta find another one, silence is key.

No need to remember where you left it,you can go grab any weapon you have picked up from merchants for free.

I didn't see a section for it when I looked, but I didn't scroll through the entire thing either. I'll have to go back and check. Thanks for the tip.

Love how you get money in this game by selling animal skins to mullets. Oh, and I one shotted a bear with a stick of dynamite. Might be my favorite thing in a game ever.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 am

calfzilla wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
calfzilla wrote:I picked up FarCry 5 and Okami HD this weekend... Never played Okami before, didn't get too far into it. Seems fun.

FarCry seems waaayyyy harder than previous installments. I may actually pony up for a season pass on this game since there is supposed to be a zombie mode. The game is a lot of fun, but some stuff isn't easy, like remembering which bunker you dropped your bow off in :picard: Gotta find another one, silence is key.

No need to remember where you left it,you can go grab any weapon you have picked up from merchants for free.

I didn't see a section for it when I looked, but I didn't scroll through the entire thing either. I'll have to go back and check. Thanks for the tip.

Love how you get money in this game by selling animal skins to mullets. Oh, and I one shotted a bear with a stick of dynamite. Might be my favorite thing in a game ever.

It's in the main weapons section. If you've carried it at some point in time, there will be a check mark instead of a price in the shop
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby foomanfat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Downloaded Fortnite and won my third solo game. It felt real good and I should probably quit on that high note.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mark of the Beast » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Hey, does anyone mess around with Retro games? I'm thinking of selling and/or trading a bunch of my old stuff (SNES, NES, Atari, ColecoVision, Pong) and was wondering if there were any good message boards or sites other than ebay.
Mark of the Beast

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:27 am

Broke my wait for a price drop on new games rule and bought Dad Of War - mostly because I genuinely haven't played anything new and after 200 hours of Siege. It's alright, slowly warming up - solid 8/10 so far.

God Of War just reminds me that perfect review scores ruins the experience for everyone. You're loving the thing or you become 'Mr Contrary' and doesn't get into it because it was overhyped - which just leads to internet toxic fandom bullshit.

EDIT:
Reached Santuary Grove and jesus, this game looks great. Got my PS4 Pro in HDR and Supersampling mode and wow. :!!!:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Everything I've seen of God of War just screams "God of Skyrim", but I'll admit the concept of using a new Pantheon is neat. Plus it does look really nice.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Jealous Xbox fanboi here
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 am

HeavyXIII wrote:Everything I've seen of God of War just screams "God of Skyrim", but I'll admit the concept of using a new Pantheon is neat. Plus it does look really nice.

It's good, I've only put about 7 hours into it and haven't really gone back to it. Again, it's good i'm just in that mindset where nothing is sticking with me :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 pm

My old FAT PS3 has died. :cry:

Must've been around 11 years old, jesus.

EDIT:
Used Slim PS3s are pretty darn cheap. Gee, I hope I don't accidentally drink a couple more cans of Asahi.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 am

Maaaaaaaan, I've been considering buying a PS3 for so long just to play Puzzle Fighter and all the PS1 games on PSN.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:05 am

500gb PS3 Slim for $107 au. With 2 controllers and 2 shitty games :!!!:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Tue May 01, 2018 2:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion