The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Wes Mantooth » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:32 pm

brian m wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:
brian m wrote:I really want a mindless shooter where I can just blow everything up with a decent single player campaign, but everything like that seems to be multiplayer now.

Try the rebooted Wolfensteins if you have PS4/XB1. The first one is ace.

Is this different than the wolfenstein on xbox360 from years ago? I played part way through that one and didn't care for it. (don't remember why.)

That was probably Wolfenstein by Raven Software (who also made Singularity, a criminally underrated shooter IMO) in the late 2000's

Wolfenstein: New Order, Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are made by Machine Games and Published by Bethesda. I've enjoyed them all, great narrative-driven shooter.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby brian m » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Wes Mantooth wrote:
brian m wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:
brian m wrote:I really want a mindless shooter where I can just blow everything up with a decent single player campaign, but everything like that seems to be multiplayer now.

Try the rebooted Wolfensteins if you have PS4/XB1. The first one is ace.

Is this different than the wolfenstein on xbox360 from years ago? I played part way through that one and didn't care for it. (don't remember why.)

That was probably Wolfenstein by Raven Software (who also made Singularity, a criminally underrated shooter IMO) in the late 2000's

Wolfenstein: New Order, Old Blood and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are made by Machine Games and Published by Bethesda. I've enjoyed them all, great narrative-driven shooter.

Singularity was really good IMO. :)
brian m

committed
committed

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Anyone playing Sea of Thieves? It's fun and cross platform!
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby adm307 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 pm

I decided to give Celeste a go, and I’ve never realized how absolutely defeated you can become by a platformer until this game. Some of those strawberries are fucking impossible to get.
adm307

involved
involved

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Just got a PS4 1TB slim in trade for some old rack gear and a pedal I never use. Was leaning towards the switch but hey sh*t happens. Copped Doom already which has been pretty fun, though the ranking system seems whack since I am already like a level 25 after a couple days of limited play. I remember Halo 2 ( last game I played seriously ) taking weeks and weeks to level up.

Anyone else playing doom on PS4? What shooters you all playing?

PS user name is TheCheeseTouch78 ( let my daughter name the account ) hit me up.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:18 am

Going to try the free weekend of Ghost Recon Wildlands, tried the demo of it and was pretty mixed on it. It seems like a shitty version of Metal Gear Solid V and Rainbow Six: Siege but aimless shooting can be fun and it doesn't currently cost $90aud or feature Battle Royale.

I'm coming up to 180 hours of R6:Siege and Blizzard is doing everything to fuck up all the heroes that I actually like to play - so i'm keen for a new game.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm so happy to see Shenmue 1 and 2 getting re-released on ps4/xbone/steam. One of my all time favorite game series! Can't wait for the third installment, but at least this will keep me busy while waiting. :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Yeah I was happy to see the announcement about the Shenmue re-release too. I was worried Sega wouldn't get their act together on it prior to the release of 3. Will definitely help having 1 and 2 easily accessible for newcomers to the series.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mr. sound boy king » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

adm307 wrote: rogue-likes

Binding Of Isaac is #1 rogue-like (to me).

I began Monster Hunter World. Did not play a Monster Hunter game before. Having fun but hit a rough patch I cannot pass yet.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm

I picked up FarCry 5 and Okami HD this weekend... Never played Okami before, didn't get too far into it. Seems fun.

FarCry seems waaayyyy harder than previous installments. I may actually pony up for a season pass on this game since there is supposed to be a zombie mode. The game is a lot of fun, but some stuff isn't easy, like remembering which bunker you dropped your bow off in :picard: Gotta find another one, silence is key.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Okami is great, though the art is definitely more compelling than the gameplay after a while. Still a really fun one though.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby colin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm

I need to pick up Okami HD one of these days. I bought Okami way back when for the Wii, but I didn't care for the motion controls so I never really played it.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Okami is great, though the art is definitely more compelling than the gameplay after a while. Still a really fun one though.

Truth. I played it solidly on PS3, grinding away at the myriad collectables with some intention of getting 100% but got burnt out before the last chunk of the game and never finished it.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm

calfzilla wrote:I picked up FarCry 5 and Okami HD this weekend... Never played Okami before, didn't get too far into it. Seems fun.

FarCry seems waaayyyy harder than previous installments. I may actually pony up for a season pass on this game since there is supposed to be a zombie mode. The game is a lot of fun, but some stuff isn't easy, like remembering which bunker you dropped your bow off in :picard: Gotta find another one, silence is key.

No need to remember where you left it,you can go grab any weapon you have picked up from merchants for free.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion