The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Dissidia for PS4 is terrible. I like the psp one...thought I would give it a try. Nope. Tried horizon too...way too much talking and I hate 3d controls still. Don't get em...don't think I ever will.

Back to ketsui and Battle garrega. STG and 2d...I just wanna get the dang high score, not watch a movie haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Any of you punks playing Splatoon 2?? I would love to link up with some folks rather than just ink randos all the time.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 pm

baremountain wrote:Any of you punks playing Splatoon 2?? I would love to link up with some folks rather than just ink randos all the time.

Add me foo'! :animal:

SW-0715-6578-9783
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:39 am

Hmmm I'm not able to find you, try sending a request to SW-3484-2149-4316

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 am

MK8dx races are fuckin brilliant but I lament the loss of a really good battle mode. I can't remember if Double Dash or Wii was the last one with decent battling.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dozicusmaximus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

Started Ys VIII this past week.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 am

So my Switch finally connected to my Home Network! :)

I needed to buy a new Router :(

EDIT:

So goddamn good.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 pm

For the sake of learning/my career/sticking it to the man, I've gone all-in on Linux. Spent the last week trying to figure out Wine. Some things work, and other things really, really don't. Learning is fun.

Picked up a bunch of games in sales lately: Hyper Light Drifter, Blue Revolver, Fire Arrow Plus, Super Hydorah, Castle Crashers, and Nex Machina. I'm really enjoying HLD in particular, but it has some really, really stupid achievements. 800 chain dashes? Screw that. I couldn't get scripting to work for some reason, so I programmed a microcontroller to send key presses instead. Easy peasy, and I think it'd work for Xbox/PS4 as well.

Nex Machina has a bangin' OST:
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby GAS KING » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Officially sunk my teeth into Zelda: BotW this weekend. What an amazing game! Easy one of the best I've ever played. Everything is so well thought out and inherently interesting.

I'm not usually a fan of open world games. I like to know what I'm doing and/or where I'm supposed to go. This game however is really fun to explore and almost always rewards you for exploring.....also minimal negative when you make mistakes. very encouraging.

I'm confused by many things at this point (deeply complicated game), but I feel like with more time it'll make more sense.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Anyone else looking forward to Far Cry 5 this month? It looks like they've made a few improvements to their formula (no more towers, more organic exploration).

Still really want a Switch and Breath of the Wild, but I think FC5 will tide me over until I can justify buying one.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 pm

I just bought Night In The Woods, Darkest Dungeon and Subsurface Circular on Switch. My first non fist-party games for the system :).
Still playing Mario Odyssey, which is nice but not nearly as good as Breath of the Wild...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 am

I thought I was slowly winding up BOTW, but man, I keep wandering off path of the main quest to find pockets of the world I hadn't come across before. And I'm stunned all over again. It really is an amazing game.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am

Sadness as I approach the last shrine.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am

Every time I finish a Zelda game I get ennui. With botw there's a good chance I'll be inconsolable.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Gone Fission wrote:I thought I was slowly winding up BOTW, but man, I keep wandering off path of the main quest to find pockets of the world I hadn't come across before. And I'm stunned all over again. It really is an amazing game.

If you get the DLC you can view where you've been before, which is super helpful in rounding up the last bits. I was shocked at how much of the map I just hadn't touched. You can easily burn a whole afternoon going to explore the depths of the snowy mountains or the dessert.
I've been focusing on finishing up my armor lately, and hunting Lynels. Playing Bayonetta a bunch has me nailing all the dodges/swift strikes, and with ancient weapons + ancient armor (gives you ancient proficiency), I'm able to take down a silver lynel without breaking more than one weapon. I also just got that nice 510+ pg hardcover complete guide in yesterday which I'll use to help out with some of the end-game grinding. Debating getting a pack of those NFC cards that have the Amiibo data in them, but I'm not sure. Some of the bonus weapons + armor they unlock look totally badass :idk:

Curious to hear how you like those games, Osc. Night in the Woods looks like a lovely story, I'm much looking forward to that one.

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion