The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm

If nothing else, you learn to really enjoy those 6 weeks off. I work 1 week on then 3 off. Last company was every other week and it was a bit brutal
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby OldGeorge » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Damn... we have 2 or 3 guys that want a rotating 1 day a week. Me and some of the other guys have gone to war over it. We like the 7 day
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:35 pm

I've heard talk about doing that too. With only 4 of us in rotation it could make sense and I could be on call every Monday or whatever plus 1 of 4 weekends. But as soon as we shift to 3 or 5 people on call that gets wacky. Much easier to plan in advance for other life activities by just counting the weeks.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

awake 4 hours before i even have to be at work. i nap too much and fall asleep early too often.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Fuck UPS. What a fucking joke of a company.

I've got a synth coming in tomorrow and I want to have it held at the hub, which is about 2 miles away. ----They refuse to let me modify the delivery online, citing my account is incomplete (this is a default error, which really just means they can't tell me the real reason online). I call to do this over the phone and there's no menu option to handle this in an automated way. Their shitty dictation software isn't understanding my verbally-provided tracking number (I have no fucking problems with tablets or computers).

I say "agent" 10 fucking times to get a person. I get a guy with a heavy Indian accent who reads my tracking back to me. From what I could understand, he has it right---yet he tells me it's not a valid number.

I call back and do this bullshit all over again. This time I get Miranda, who tells me they can't allow me to modify the delivery until it reaches my city----are you fucking kidding me?!?! I already know today that I won't be home for the delivery. Why the fuck do I need to wait until it arrives in my city at 6am for me to modify this. That is fucking insane. I likely won't be awake when it arrives locally.

She asks me if I understand my options, and I say, "Sure, I'll just sit around and keep refreshing my browser." She says, "Oh no, it's not a matter of refreshing your browser. It's a matter of it reaching its destination scan." I'm so fucking shocked by the stupidity of this response, and I'm 20 minutes into this cycle of nonsense. I just had to hang up. I couldn't deal with such fucking idiocy any longer.

How the fuck is that their policy? If I know on Monday that I can't be home for a Tuesday delivery---why the fuck do I have to refresh my browser for the next 24 hours, waiting on an update, so that I can make a last-minute freeze on the shipment. That is so goddam fucking stupid. This is 2018 for fuck's sake.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Man. I feel your pain Echorec. I have to fight my UPS account this week and it makes me mad just thinking about making that call.

In other news, it is April and winter hasn't let up for more than a day or two in Wisconsin. We have well over a foot of fresh snow. It is cold and grey and wet here. We haven't had one single day where the temp was over 55 degrees. It is really wearing on me.

Why do we live here?!?
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm

double post. ugh.
Last edited by aens_wife on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:36 pm

aens_wife wrote:In other news, it is April and winter hasn't let up for more than a day or two in Wisconsin. We have well over a foot of fresh snow. It is cold and grey and wet here. We haven't had one single day where the temp was over 55 degrees. It is really wearing on me.

Why do we live here?!?

Please switch with me.
All I want is to live somewhere that's basically tundra for most of the year.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
aens_wife wrote:In other news, it is April and winter hasn't let up for more than a day or two in Wisconsin. We have well over a foot of fresh snow. It is cold and grey and wet here. We haven't had one single day where the temp was over 55 degrees. It is really wearing on me.

Why do we live here?!?

Please switch with me.

yeah...no. I am not interested in moving to Ohio. Sorry man. lol.

I want out of the midwest.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Man I know it's moot and you guys obviously don't choose UPS unless no other choice exists.. but DHL has been kick ass for all my shipping uses, and in this area the postal service is actually really pro. I'm sorry you are getting piped out on your synth :(
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 pm

I generally use USPS for as much as possible. UPS only comes into play when other companies want us to use their accounts to ship.

DHL is also much much more expensive than other options for domestic shipping. Or it was the last time I checked.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 pm

aens_wife wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:

Why do we live here?!?

Please switch with me.

yeah...no. I am not interested in moving to Ohio. Sorry man. lol.

I want out of the midwest.

Come to California. We're crowded but we have great food.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Money has been stressing me. After all my bills go through I have about $20 left to myself for emergencies. All I can think about is if my current living situation wasnt what it is right now, I would be back with my parents or homeless.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh man. I love California. But all our family is here and we have kids. For now, we have to stay put. In 10 years, though, I am determined to move out of Wisconsin and start my Masters or maybe go for broke and get my phd.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 am

So it's after midnight and I just got home from work to get a status update. The package hasn't reached its last hub yet, but it says I can schedule a different address or date (for a fee of course), but I can't have this particular shipment held.

This drives me fucking crazy---so not only was the woman on the phone wrong, but I'm also dealing with this bullshit again. Woodwind Brasswind has this inexcusably infuriating policy that blocks buyers/recipients from managing certain deliveries.

Instead of me driving over to the hub tomorrow at 10am at my convenience, I'll have to hope that someone is here to sign for it----or else it will sit outside or I'll get a sorry-we-missed-you note. I fucking hate that UPS even allows clients this option----why the fuck can I not manage my own fucking delivery? I am allowed to purchase an item with a $3,000 price tag, but I can't be trusted with picking it up. It's so fucking patronizing and obnoxious.

If WWBW wants to protect itself and its customers, how in the fucking world is it safer to have merchandise rattling around on a truck all day and then dropped off at someone's side door? Instead the recipient should be able to come pick it up in-person with their ID. When you get home deliveries, no one asks for proof of identity. Someone could just be sitting outside your house all day.

Whatever. I fucking hate UPS. FedEx is even worse. They will absolutely refuse to work with you, if you file an insurance claim. This moron was assigned to my claim and she didn't respond to e-mails or help me at all. A couple weeks went by and I got a letter saying I had failed to provide them enough info---haha, how disgusting.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion