Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:02 pm

I know I just posted a board, but a couple of things I've always wanted to try came up for sale

Comparing the ZVex SHO to my kit one, they're almost indistinguishable used on their own, with no other pedals. However, when stacking other stuff into the Zvex, it just makes things pop or chime in a really pleasant and clear way. The kit one doesn't do this for some reason. Plus, I've always been in love with the turntable design.

The fredric klone is my first experience with that circuit. Seems like a useful lead boost for all occasions but not necessarily something I *need*
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Zounds Perspex » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Think I’m good with this for a while.

Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Mmm, Basic Audio served on a bed of pink shag...
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Downsized from a PT-2 to this a few weeks back and I don't think I'll go back to the bigger board. This is pretty much everything I need, plus my back thanks me big time. :joy:

RM-1N > Fuzz-E-Cat > Tender Octaver > TAFM > Barbershop > Stammen > Nemesis > Meatbox > BitQuest w/expression.

They're lined up a bit weird because I hate stepping on pedals on the second row mid-song, and this way the only mid-song stomps I have to do are in the front. The ones on top are usually either on or off from the start of a song to the end. Looks a bit silly, but it's pragmatic. :lol:

Synth board looks the same as it did before xmas, which has also been downsized to the bear necessities. Zen is closing in. :zen:

NSFW: show
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Zounds Perspex » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

adamajah wrote:Mmm, Basic Audio served on a bed of pink shag...

Yes indeed. Velcro is from Squaresville, maaaaan.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby weebles » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:17 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Downsized from a PT-2 to this a few weeks back and I don't think I'll go back to the bigger board. This is pretty much everything I need, plus my back thanks me big time. :joy:

RM-1N > Fuzz-E-Cat > Tender Octaver > TAFM > Barbershop > Stammen > Nemesis > Meatbox > BitQuest w/expression.

They're lined up a bit weird because I hate stepping on pedals on the second row mid-song, and this way the only mid-song stomps I have to do are in the front. The ones on top are usually either on or off from the start of a song to the end. Looks a bit silly, but it's pragmatic. :lol:

Synth board looks the same as it did before xmas, which has also been downsized to the bear necessities. Zen is closing in. :zen:

I’ve been itching to change my set up, and been contemplating the Mercury 7 and the Nemesis... How do you like the mercury 7? Have you run it into any dirt?
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:39 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Downsized from a PT-2 to this a few weeks back and I don't think I'll go back to the bigger board. This is pretty much everything I need, plus my back thanks me big time. :joy:

Practical setup with easy on/off fav sounds is tops, better than trying to tapdance while also vocaling and/or guitaring :bear: :zen:
Synth board so stunty but needs BitQuest like I needs matrix mixer :snax: :love: :zen:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:56 am

rustywire wrote:

Practical setup with easy on/off fav sounds is tops, better than trying to tapdance while also vocaling and/or guitaring :bear: :zen:
Synth board so stunty but needs BitQuest like I needs matrix mixer :snax: :love: :zen:

Mid song tap dancing while playing and singing led me to Boss ES-5. Pedals on or off and channel switching with one tap. Perfect.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby insubordination » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Zounds Perspex wrote:Think I’m good with this for a while.

I recognize that board. Where'd the Klon go?!
Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Zounds Perspex » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 pm

insubordination wrote:
Zounds Perspex wrote:Think I’m good with this for a while.

I recognize that board. Where'd the Klon go?!

Ah, I sold that eons ago. Obviously, I did not wait long enough. :picard:
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:56 pm

weebles wrote:I’ve been itching to change my set up, and been contemplating the Mercury 7 and the Nemesis... How do you like the mercury 7? Have you run it into any dirt?

I really like both of those pedals. Back when I first got the Merc7, someone here asked me to play fuzz into it and before it, so I have a little video of that. It was a little too shitty to have public, so I set it private, but here it is. :lol:

rusty: I actually did have a second BQ that I had on my synth board, but I mainly used it for reverb, and while I love the BQ verb, the Meris is just perfect for what I want with both synths and drum machines. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:16 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Image

Why do you have the meatbox towards the end?

Also has anyone seen the prices on the reissues :no:
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Most, if not all, dirt pedals will cut lows under a certain frequency, so there's no point having it before the dirt. You'll get some subs, but they will be tamed quite a bit. Plus, I like how the rich harmonics of the fuzz pedals make the Meatbox shit its pants a bit (sub freq glitches, hell yeah, boy!). Don't think I've tried having it before Stammen or the Nemesis, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:45 pm

karmablock wrote:Why do you have the meatbox towards the end?

Also has anyone seen the prices on the reissues :no:

Yeah, it's insane.
It's cheaper to buy an original, now, than a reissue meatbox. :whoa:
Although, they're not selling for what people are asking on eBay. The completed prices look to be ~$225-250.

Also, I don't know why they quit making them.
Smallbear has the "mythical" octave IC, so anyone could, reasonably, make their own if they were motivated enough. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Yeah in the past 6 months I've seen a half dozen Meatbox RIs listed for 300-350 and work their way down to 200 +/- $20 range before selling [reverb]

Also +1 UC Meatbox best last so you add mass to everything in front while nothing behind it tames the beast :animal:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear