Gjengangar

Moderator: Pladask

Gjengangar

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

I know you discontinued these, I've been lusting after one for a year or so and even followed your original build thread at DIYsb's. Any chance of this one coming back? :poke:

:cry:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Gjengangar

Postby goroth » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:15 am

AFAIK it's a pretty time consuming build, but I've always wanted one. I've just never got around to buying one. :facepalm:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Never » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Seems like the TÅKEN should cover a lot of the same ground, right?
Analog delay w/ an FX loop -- but with modulation and tape head delay instead of a gate
Never

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 pm

They're both digital (pt based), just beautifully filtered. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 pm

I had a v.1 and sold it in a purge. Sigh. Regret. But it looks like I may be getting back with Pladask if recent Instagram posts are any indication :love:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:They're both digital (pt based), just beautifully filtered. :)*

Really?
So, does it use some kinda of weird switching mechanism, then (since it can do both latching a momentary bypass)?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am

I want the gate thingy. That's the tits imo. Disarm Darcys YouTube demo gives me a boner.

I really hope this one comes back. I have cash!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 am

jrfox92 wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:They're both digital (pt based), just beautifully filtered. :)*

Really?
So, does it use some kinda of weird switching mechanism, then (since it can do both latching a momentary bypass)?

I know Fredrik Lyxzen (I always spell his last name wrong, sorry bro) has that functionality on the Xor'Cist, dip switch in his changes the operation.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey it's my intention to have a new gate delay available at some point, but pedal design takes a lot of time. I'm closing in on releasing another product soon and need to focus on production and my workshop calendar once it's out. Also I'd like to cover more ground before adding another delay to the portfolio so a new gate delay may not be top priority for a while yet. Feel free to toss around suggestions/features you'd like to see for a potential gjenganger v3. Here's to hoping for late 2018!

As UC points out both tåken and gjengangar are PT based. The mom/latch switching is possible due to a relay/microcontroller system I use for all my pedals
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am

:cry:
That's cool man. I guess that v.2 (v.1 too for that matter) seems so unique to me I don't see why you still don't make it!

V.3 adds.. hmm. I'll have to think about that. I like picking dynamics controlling stuff, adding bit crushing to repeats maybe using input signal strength to dynamically sweep frequency .. I'm thinking about solid state components and how I would attempt that, but you're on a whole different level there. Fx loop that only effects the repeats? And gate .. please the gate. It's a very unique thing. That's why I'm here typing.

Edit: that's not to say your other stuff isn't also amazing, I think you make overall fantadticly unique stuff!

Thanks for your time :)*
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:13 pm

You still have a Custom section on your website too, could I "custom" order a v.2? :erm:
Worth asking!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:26 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:You still have a Custom section on your website too, could I "custom" order a v.2? :erm:
Worth asking!

Hehe nope. Not doing any more v2. I'm currently in the early stages of a custom job that combines tåken, gjengangar and kniv into something. Hopefully that will lead me in the right direction for GD v3. I have 2 or 3 other pedals that are further along than GD v3 so at least 2 of those will arrive first
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 pm

:snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:24 am

Dandolin wrote: :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Still not a high priority. I've taken a few conceptual stabs at it and I currently have something (on paper) that I'm happy with, but likely won't start serious testing before 2020. If all goes as planned it should have:
- FX loop with R/D/Ø function like Tåken
- Gate can be activated/disabled with separate footswitch
- Mode selection for regular gating or inverse (ducking)

Wanna finish the reverb and some other projects before I add this to the pile
Pladask

committed
committed

Next

Return to Pladask Elektrisk