Univox hi flier bass

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Univox hi flier bass

Postby Bearstripes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:02 am

How do we feel about them. I’m looking for a new bass for a loud ass drum and bass project and always liked these. I won’t be able to try before I buy so need thoughts. I’m lookin at phase 3 by the way. How’s the neck? Are they shit? Discuss
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Re: Univox hi flier bass

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm

I have the parts for a phase 1 [except knobs and tuners.. ] laying around in my bone pile.. the neck is nice!, laminated 3 or 5 piece maple, fingerboards from that era are nice, the profile is wide nut/skinny heal [not a lot of taper] like a Ric..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Got one. Love it. :love: Neck is just right (a little on the smaller side). Definitely not shit.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby benjuro » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 am

I had a Hi Flier guitar that I loved. The body was super thin and made of lightweight wood, and eventually the neck joint turned into a maze of cracks. I liked the neck so much I built another couple guitars using it.

I'd jump on a reasonably priced bass.
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass