Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:04 pm

So many awesome tele pics.

I need a tele again
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Beauty! That looks amazing. :thumb:

Some dope tele's round hea' fo sho!

emcee_m_prime wrote:Very nice. You like the roasted maple? Is it from USACG? I wanna use one on my jagstang build.

I went with musikraft bc it was a bit cheaper for what i wanted - light roast with minimum sealer coat. I wasn't sure a roasted neck would be all that different but it's way noticeable - like different guitar noticeable. It feels like a smooth piece of driftwood and made the tele brighter and more resonant.

emcee_m_prime wrote:Also, is that strap from Original Fuzz? I have one of their Peruvian ones and love it.

Yes my wife got it for me last xmas. So far my fave strap. I like the pattern you got!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby emcee_m_prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Ah, Musikraft was the priciest when I checked but they make great stuff. And good call on the light roast and light seal - it looks great. I did a single coat of truoil on my canary neck to seal it (Warmoth says you can leave it raw but I didn't want to chance it), and I won't go back to fully finished necks for my own builds again. Just feels better to me this way.
emcee_m_prime

involved
involved

Postby bubstance » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Not pretty shots by any means due to broken/awful camera, but here's my beater '82 T-60. It's been modded and parts swapped over the years, but it always holds a special place as the first "real" guitar I bought for myself.
powered by 9front
bubstance

experienced
experienced

Postby HorseyBoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:42 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Image
I got a new tele too! My phone takes garbage pictures but you get the idea. The wide ranges sound cool especially the neck. Gonna mess around with adjusting the bridge pickup a bit but that'll be tomorrow.
Now I just need some cowboy boots.

Some cool Teles on that last page. That MIJ 62 Custom is hawt, but I needs more details on this Deluxe. What? Where? How?
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Well it's not vintage or anything so don't get too excited :lol: It's a stock Classic Series reissue. Made in Mexico in 2013 or '14. Found it used at Cream City Music here in Milwaukee for a price I couldn't pass up. Fat one piece maple neck and heavy alder body that sustain real nice. Gonna use it for me and my wife's doom-humpin' band we're working on so it's tuned B-F#-B-E-G#-C# with some ernie ball not-even-slinkys. The stock bridge pickup isn't doing it for me so I've got a replacement incoming. It would probably be ok for country picking stuff but I need beefy palm mutes. The neck humbucker is amazing though, really loving it and I could honestly get away with only using that for everything. Sounds great and absolutely crushes with fuzz.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:22 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Well it's not vintage or anything so don't get too excited :lol: It's a stock Classic Series reissue. Made in Mexico in 2013 or '14. Found it used at Cream City Music here in Milwaukee for a price I couldn't pass up. Fat one piece maple neck and heavy alder body that sustain real nice. Gonna use it for me and my wife's doom-humpin' band we're working on so it's tuned B-F#-B-E-G#-C# with some ernie ball not-even-slinkys. The stock bridge pickup isn't doing it for me so I've got a replacement incoming. It would probably be ok for country picking stuff but I need beefy palm mutes. The neck humbucker is amazing though, really loving it and I could honestly get away with only using that for everything. Sounds great and absolutely crushes with fuzz.

interesting.
i just picked one up but haven't fired it up with my amp yet. gonna see how it rolls tomorrow and figure it out from there.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HorseyBoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:05 am

gnomethrone wrote:Well it's not vintage or anything so don't get too excited :lol: It's a stock Classic Series reissue. Made in Mexico in 2013 or '14. Found it used at Cream City Music here in Milwaukee for a price I couldn't pass up. Fat one piece maple neck and heavy alder body that sustain real nice. Gonna use it for me and my wife's doom-humpin' band we're working on so it's tuned B-F#-B-E-G#-C# with some ernie ball not-even-slinkys. The stock bridge pickup isn't doing it for me so I've got a replacement incoming. It would probably be ok for country picking stuff but I need beefy palm mutes. The neck humbucker is amazing though, really loving it and I could honestly get away with only using that for everything. Sounds great and absolutely crushes with fuzz.

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. :thumb:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:11 am

odontophobia wrote:interesting.
i just picked one up but haven't fired it up with my amp yet. gonna see how it rolls tomorrow and figure it out from there.

Sweet. Which finish is yours? That neck pickup is the business, im telling ya.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I recently grabbed a tele custom reissue also. swapped out the pickups tho. put a Zombie Dust LSD in the bridge and removed the neck pickup. took out all the tone pots and upgraded a single volume pot to 500K and this thing slays.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby 3waytie4last » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Plus about a half dozen more around somewhere.
3waytie4last

interested
interested

Postby tabcantab » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Oooh...what’s the butterscotch 3 pickup one on the wall? That combo of headstock and body shape is wacky. Good wacky.
tabcantab

committed
committed

Postby 3waytie4last » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Campbell American Transitone. You can set the switches to play all three pickups at once.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/review-campbell-american-guitars-transitone-1
3waytie4last

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:49 am

you have some absolutely killer stuff
love that color on a strat
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 3waytie4last » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 am

hbombgraphics wrote:you have some absolutely killer stuff
love that color on a strat

Thanks, man. Seafoam Green on that strat with a mint guard. Looks much cooler in person than in that photo.

3waytie4last

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass