pointy guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

pointy guitars

Postby John Matrix » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Lately I find myself lusting after pointy far out guitars. I've always liked unconventional shapes but the really sharp ones didn't do it for me until recently. It all started when I was looking at a Jackson Kelly and for some reason it just clicked...like in movies when the nerd takes their glasses off and oh my god they've been hot this whole time and you just never noticed. Now I I'm looking at Warriors and Iron Birds and shit. Only time will tell if this infatuation will manifest itself as an actual purchase. Anyone else have this terrible affliction? Pics of some killer guitars would also be apreesh'd.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Re: pointy guitars

Postby neonblack » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Probably not what you meant but gimme gimme
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Dude I never really felt one way or the other about those st vincent signatures from seeing pictures but there was one in a shop i went into the other day and holy shit the none-more-black one looks so rad in person.

John: You ever checked out Westones from the 80s? They had some crazy pointy axes.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:56 pm

These are all westones
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John Matrix » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Those first two look siiiiiiiiiick
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:36 pm

The first one is their "Raider". I would totally buy a black one if it popped up on my local craigslist.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 am

Iron Birds and Kellys are great.

I bought a Rhoads V a while back and it is so fucking good.
The shape has really grown on me. And I dig playing it sitting. I use my foot rest that I use for classical guitar and it sits perfectly. I can't really do the sit on the floor thing anymore, but playing it like a classical is really ergonomic and feels way better than the sitting on the floor.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby John Matrix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 pm

I feel like Jacksons always look more badass than similar shaped guitars cuz they have such a savage looking headstock.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 pm

I had a MIJ Kelly STD for a long time, was a cool guitar. I never was able to like Jackson necks though.. B.C. Rich necks are thicker as more comfy to me :idk: and they are rather pointy :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Burst Icemans (Icemen?) tickle me some type of way.

Pity their bass tone sounds horrible for what I play.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John Matrix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:39 am

Icemen rule. I don't like the Paul Stanley signature models much, all the extra knick knacks make them look cheesy.

Just ordered a Warrior off the GC used section. Not looking forward to dealing with the Floyd Rose but its a small price to pay for maximum pointyness.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Floyd's are pretty rip man imo. Once you get good at setting them up (not saying you suck) they really behave nicely. Only thing I dislike is that bending a single note through a ringing cord makes the rest of the notes fall out of tune slightly.

Let us see some pics hehe
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John Matrix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 pm

27848588_10106389889761523_1970739291_n.jpg
27848588_10106389889761523_1970739291_n.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 6915 times
Well here is a pic from the listing. Looks black but is suposedly "black forest." Which I guess is just crazy dark green? I dunno, we'll see what I get when it shows up.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Now if anybody ever disrespects your riffs you can just stab them with your guitar :thumb:
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John Matrix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Now if anybody ever disrespects your riffs you can just stab them with your guitar :thumb:

Damn right, this is a poser decapitator. Unfortunately, I feel like a guitar that looks like this creates an expectation of shred. And since I only play in slow ass weedmetal bands that ain't happenin.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass