Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby Bon Hoga » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

If I ever order an EGC I'll tell Kevin I'm actually Kirk Hammett and I moved to Europe to study museology and start a noise rock band. Fuck your wait times, blud.
Bon Hoga

committed
committed

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Dear EGC,

May I please have one of your aluminium guitars? Send it to my secret bunker in Ohio, where I hang out with Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and John Lennon, who is not dead.

Love and Kisses,

Eric Clapton (not fake)
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Two bits of EGC related news for me:

1: Kevin out of nowhere emailed me back after a few months about a partial refund after sending me an incorrect neck. He apologised and sent the refund almost immediately after emailing. It was a nice surprise and has made me feel a lot better about that process.

2: I'm picking up a baritone Tyranny on Monday and I'm chuffed.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby antennafarm » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 am

i wonder what changed the tune?
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 am

Not sure, maybe just persistence? Maybe all the public complaints recently got to him and he's making much more of an effort to communicate better? Maybe I pulled a lucky number in the RNG of life?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jojo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Olin wrote:Two bits of EGC related news for me:

1: Kevin out of nowhere emailed me back after a few months about a partial refund after sending me an incorrect neck. He apologised and sent the refund almost immediately after emailing. It was a nice surprise and has made me feel a lot better about that process.

Awesome on both counts man ! Post pics when you get it ! Kevin emailed me back as well I had a couple of questions about the used tyranny I just picked up.
jojo

interested
interested

Postby codetocontra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:51 am

Olin wrote:Two bits of EGC related news for me:

This is rad on both accounts. What length baritone? Let me know how you like the neck.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Well, the baritone is here. Next to it's shortscale brother, which may be sold now. It's 27.5" which is going to take a little while to get used to but holy shit does it sound good. After years of hearing such amazing things about his pickups I finally get it, those things cover a lot of ground and are really wonderful. Neck is thin all the way down and I'm really unfamiliar with it so I'll hold off judgment for a while, definitely more comfortable with something a little thicker though; as long as my hand doesn't cramp up it's whatever. Also it's pretty well balanced which I was surprised by, thought the extra few inches would cause a bit of neckdive but I guess not.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:27 pm

:thumb: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jojo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Very cool Olin. Almost wished I'd gone w P 90's.
jojo

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am

Olin wrote:Image

Well, the baritone is here. Next to it's shortscale brother, which may be sold now. It's 27.5" which is going to take a little while to get used to but holy shit does it sound good. After years of hearing such amazing things about his pickups I finally get it, those things cover a lot of ground and are really wonderful. Neck is thin all the way down and I'm really unfamiliar with it so I'll hold off judgment for a while, definitely more comfortable with something a little thicker though; as long as my hand doesn't cramp up it's whatever. Also it's pretty well balanced which I was surprised by, thought the extra few inches would cause a bit of neckdive but I guess not.

the saga concludes
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:56 am

A wild saga it was, headache inducing, expensive and time consuming.
After a week of this thing I'm pretty happy with it all though and am really enjoying the scale length a lot more than I expected. Super thin neck is still a bit weird and some chords hurt my hand, but not in the way I expected (sharp pressure opposed to long term carpal tunnel type cramps) which is nice. Had a chance to run it through a stereo setup at decent volume and it was great, feedback starts really quickly but is much more controllable than on other instruments I've had and sounded absolutely crushing without too many effects.

Also opened it up just to have a look, do all of them smell that good inside?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

I have a baritone Nude Guitars: the 013. The neck is a 27" scale. Wonderfu, never had a guitar with such a resonance, it's like a living being: you can FEEL every tone you play!!
Last edited by gila_crisis on Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Photobucket doesn't play nice and share with us anymore.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass