NGD.. I got a new guitar

Moderator: Ghost Hip

NGD.. I got a new guitar

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:05 am

Fuck Yeah!!! I got my RG852... It's the bomb!! :!!!: :!!!:
Seriously I love this thing. It's the 4th Ibanez I have and the only 8 string but it's a real winner. The volume knob is greased light ing and I've been running my reverberation machine and doing eerie volume swells with bright mode ambiance all night.
Attachments
158128-800x800.jpeg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: NGD.. I got a new guitar

Postby goroth » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:02 am

I refuse to buy an 8 string because I would stop playing all other music than Meshuggah covers. Would probably lose my job, neglect my family... it would just be
DE nao NI Ni Bu-ni nao NAO bi-nao NI NI bu-NI...
Until I died lonely, hungry, and djented.

Post some clips dude! Looks rad.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby MrNovember » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 am

The finish on that is gorgeous
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:25 am

Yep, nice lookin' axe! :!!!: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:09 am

MrNovember wrote:The finish on that is gorgeous

Chankgeez wrote:Yep, nice lookin' axe! :!!!: :love:

It's actually a satin finish. And the "holes" in the burl are not filled. It's kind of nutty, but I like it :drool: Sometimes when I'm really into it I lay my ear against the upper horn while I play.. And this guitar is basically almost deafening it resonates so much. It's bananas!! :joy:

goroth wrote:I refuse to buy an 8 string because I would stop playing all other music than Meshuggah covers. Would probably lose my job, neglect my family... it would just be
DE nao NI Ni Bu-ni nao NAO bi-nao NI NI bu-NI...
Until I died lonely, hungry, and djented.

Post some clips dude! Looks rad.

These are all good points. I have wanted a blue Ibanez 8 string since I went back to school and I finally could afford it .. so I bought one. It's really cool man. I honestly haven't Chugged on it yet. Well.. a few gallops on the low E (Ebeadgbe) I've been using my reverberation machine and the Polypus Supreme, and then the Boneshaker, but basically all of my pedals are still in a box since I moved. It's pulling strange sounds out of me, I need to go unpack a delay or 5.

This is my first 8 string, though I have visited a few at the local guitar center numerous times.. but it feels like going to a massage parlor, without the happy ending. And then your hand smells like fish and rusted metal when you leave. I have pretty big hands, so the neck isn't really that much different than either of my 7 strings. The upper strings have more tension so the bends take a little more mustard to crank like a full step on the b strong at like the 14th fret, but no different than the 10's on my standard tuned 7620.

I got a set of 9-80 Ernie ball I want to put on today to see if I like it. I definitely like the E and B tuning on the extra 2 strings.

The pickups sound pretty good but I won't say much till I've cranked it up through the Rectumfrier with the tubescreamer. The bridge PU with the Bright Star mode on the RM and the gain turned up to about 2:00 and blend at about 11:00 is really fun.

And yes I'm an asshole for starting my own NGD thread rather than posting in an existing thread.. but as we all know the search function here leaves something to be desired :no:

Thanks for looking guys :thumb:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Stamnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 am

wow that's righteous
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 pm

So I've had the guitar a little while now, and I'm really bonding with it. I'm not surprised by this really, Ibanez guitars for the most part have always felt great in my hand. I got some 9-74 strings and at the 27" scale they are about perfect..

Anyway, I got some hipshot tuning peg heads to dress it up a little with the Prestige theme.. I think they look great. Pictured only one on so far.. but I like them.
Attachments
172577-367x652.jpeg
172577-367x652.jpeg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am

Yeah, I like.
Attachments
20180122_204344-768x768.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 am

Thats the classiest 8 string Ive ever seen.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks man :joy:

It's a pretty marvelous instrument. I plan on getting some X-bars for it and maybe a fat-finger or whatever they call them now, and then some straplocks of course. I think I've purchased a grand total of 3 guitars brand new ever, but this one is a real treat. I look forward to getting home from work to play it every day haha!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TSco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 am

This is a thing of beauty!
Sometimes write about Guitars for http://subreel.com.
TSco

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 am

Thanks man, I really love the instrument. It's a joy to play
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass