The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 am

No. We're a reference point for just about every fuzz and pedals that sit outside of "regular musical operating parameters".
Besides that, even though PGS caters for a few obvious blooz-lawyer types, I think their success actually lies in keeping things fairly broad and trying to stock stuff thats appealing to a larger demographic. There's a big chunk of that douchieness, for sure, but it's sort of to be expected and it is tolerable. Especially when theyre on board with a lot of the "weird" shit builders here are putting out and are usually enthusiastic about demoing it.
Builders feel free to let me know if your experience there is different, but thats the impression I get.
Most google searches for pedals that arent typically PnW will lead you here, or at the very least will point to a demo made by a member.
Its how i ended up here.
Everything I searched for kept landing me on ILF, so I thought, "fuck it. Time to sign up."
Having said that, an expansion in membership and extra exposure doesn't have to be a bad thing and I'd posit that, for the most part, we've been enriched by new members in recent history.
But, if there were a coordinated attack, we'd be overwhelmed pretty quickly.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 am

Long post is long and lacks soy content.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am

Iommic Pope wrote:No. We're a reference point for just about every fuzz and pedals that sit outside of "regular musical operating parameters".
Besides that, even though PGS caters for a few obvious blooz-lawyer types, I think their success actually lies in keeping things fairly broad and trying to stock stuff thats appealing to a larger demographic. There's a big chunk of that douchieness, for sure, but it's sort of to be expected and it is tolerable. Especially when theyre on board with a lot of the "weird" shit builders here are putting out and are usually enthusiastic about demoing it.
Builders feel free to let me know if your experience there is different, but thats the impression I get.
Most google searches for pedals that arent typically PnW will lead you here, or at the very least will point to a demo made by a member.
Its how i ended up here.
Everything I searched for kept landing me on ILF, so I thought, "fuck it. Time to sign up."
Having said that, an expansion in membership and extra exposure doesn't have to be a bad thing and I'd posit that, for the most part, we've been enriched by new members in recent history.

Ilf has astonishingly good seo (this is at least some of the reason echorec posts his torrent of "content" here I'm sure :lol: ). This is not a new phenomenon: the hot shit on eBay thread has been lurking vulture food for at least four years. What's changed is that the builders here have caught on, so the search volume has increased.

Eg the most common search query to the site (per some very rudimentary google Fu) is "I love fuzz count to five."

And this is also why I'm pushing for a gated bst and you should be as well. :thumb:
Because otherwise this is our future:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4047&start=1155#p1241684
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 am

Also this forum used to be much more divisive politically y'all just lack perspective.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 am

D.o.S. wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:No. We're a reference point for just about every fuzz and pedals that sit outside of "regular musical operating parameters".
Its how i ended up here.

Ilf has astonishingly good seo (this is at least some of the reason echorec posts his torrent of "content" here I'm sure :lol: ). This is not a new phenomenon: the hot shit on eBay thread has been lurking vulture food for at least four years. What's changed is that the builders here have caught on, so the search volume has increased.

Eg the most common search query to the site (per some very rudimentary google Fu) is "I love fuzz count to five."

And this is also why I'm pushing for a gated bst and you should be as well. :thumb:

Because otherwise this is our future:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4047&start=1155#p1241684

:picard:
jrfox92 wrote:
Depth wrote:Send me cash offer.

$22.

Best possible response.
I nearly spat my tea all over my monitor and keyboard.
Also, I love that the new soy boy opted for "Depth" as a username.

D.o.S. wrote:Also this forum used to be much more divisive politically y'all just lack perspective.

I do lack the necessary historic standing to make that call, but in my time ("recent history", I believe I wrote), it has seemed to be more warm and fuzzy than piss and vinger-y.
I amy have not waded into a few essential threads, though. :idk:
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am

TBH that's why I don't get all the uproar about bossman. He's no worse than devnulljp or pre 2012 Dubkitty or beerhammer era Spacey when it comes to how he's received by the forum. We've always had those posters.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:40 am

Hold the phone...real talk...my buddy wants me to listen to the new QOTSA (he wants to hear my thoughts on it)...guys...I don't want to listen to the new QOSTA.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 am

Well... do you like QOTSA?
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am

Also I wanna know more about pre 2012 Dubkitty :D

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

qotsa singer and that bitch look alike!
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

I LOVE the first four albums and was/am a huge KYUSS fan. I don't think I listened to ERA VULGARIS in its entirety? I guess I'm just not interested in them now.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:50 am

D.o.S. wrote:Also this forum used to be much more divisive politically y'all just lack perspective.

Are librarians able to run for president?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby popvulture » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:54 am

$harkToootth wrote:I LOVE the first four albums was/am a huge KYUSS fan. I don't think I listened to ERA VULGARIS in its entirety? I guess I'm just not interested in them now.

Yeah, EV is the only one I don't really like, or rather it's my least favorite. I really loved Like Clockwork, but I think the new one is sorta good not great—certainly worth a listen for the different kinds of sounds/production than previous material, and little bits of the old style poke through.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:55 am

*While you were listening to the new QOTSA, I was running for president*
I probably will listen though. Thanks Pop!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 am

Invisible Man wrote:

Are librarians able to run for president?

Been there done that. Note that this is not the sometimes funny Ziltoid of present day but ZiltoidTheOmnisicent, which was an alt of... um... someone.*

*not me I just don't remember who it was :lol:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion