The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Olin wrote:
Achtane wrote:I was thinking about getting Mad Max as well. Looks pretty fun.

I was really surprised with how good this was. I didn't expect much from it but the environments are really impressive and everything has a perfect sense of weight to it. Combat is pretty much cut and paste from the Arkam games, which suits it pretty well, but the cars really come into their own.

No vehicular platforming though. :yay:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 am

Fuck it, playing Phantom Pain again.

No hud, no reflex, minimal and cheapest equipment.

I'll pick up Nier as soon as my tax return gets finalized. :thumb:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:33 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
oscillateur wrote:And the Switch is now more expensive than ever here. It's been 4 damn months and it's still impossible to buy the fucking thing except at +50% price... Urgh. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

they've been in stock almost everywhere for a while now here so they obviously aren't distributing them very evenly.
god forbid people in the country it was designed have a fair chance to buy one :facepalm:

behndy wrote:lol. i dunno. i mean. i think i have paid my share of games stuff. this is the first generation i've only bought 1 of the 3 systems, for 3 or so gens i had all three. for about 10 years i was buying 2-3 games a month when they dropped.

i just feel a little burnt paying $60 for a 7 or 8 hour playthrough with no replay value. like, new Doom? fucking AWESOME. but i am sooooo glad it was less than $2p when i grabbed it. i had a blast playing through the campaign, sorta enjoyed going at the hardest level, but there was zero difference. just.... harder.

stuff like Borderlands? where i can still play yearrrrrs later? oh yeah. i have bought Borderlands 1 on 3 systems i think, even though they dick handed people with the Handsome Edition a few months after saying PreSequel would only be on ps2/360, sold the first season pass i ever bought that had the SHITTIEST content (except for the Claptastic Voyage), then had it all in HD for cheaper..... i just love that series so damn much.

i dunno. i'm rambling. what's the replay value of Nier? like, without giving anything away? i know nothing about it except that it's supposed to be all the awesomes.

oh i agree with you, it's just that Nier is at least 40 hrs long, has 26 'endings', and is a really high quality/unique game so it's the sort of thing that deserves the splurge IMO.

it's definitely easy to get burnt out with the number of expensive games that have short campaigns and require a season pass to feel like a full experience. Nier has 1 DLC pack at the moment but it's absolutely not stuff that needed to be included in the game originally.
i almost never replay games but i'm planning to replay it at some point so that maybe says a lot? it has new game+ so you can go from the start and clean up side quests and endings and stuff.

I wish there were more 3P game announcements for the Switch ... with its solid sales I would expect more 3P developers to jump on the bandwagon ... hoping for more info Metroid 4
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:39 am

i wouldn't have bought one if not for knowing it'd be getting a new Shin Megami Tensei next year tbh.
it'll probably be several more months of ports and shovelware before we actually get 'new' 3P stuff but given the sales i'd expect it to happen sooner or later, just gotta account for the development cycles.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:07 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:i wouldn't have bought one if not for knowing it'd be getting a new Shin Megami Tensei next year tbh.
it'll probably be several more months of ports and shovelware before we actually get 'new' 3P stuff but given the sales i'd expect it to happen sooner or later, just gotta account for the development cycles.

It would be cool to play EA Fifa with multiple people on one team for local play ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Mad Max IS pretty fun. I dig the action and scrounging aspect. Wouldn't mind if it even got into "hardcore" survival like in some of the mods for STALKER, but that's just me nerding out. Pretty sweet.
I wish I could run Phantom Pain. Though technically I don't meet the listed requirements for Mad Max and it runs smooth as butter.
I don't has windows 10 though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:37 pm

sooooooo Nier is pretty fucking fun. been dumping a few fair hours into it. and just realized if i do a LITTLE of the main mission path it would probably fix the only annoying part..... and lookie! do like 3 of the main objectives and fast travel is unlocked. YES PLEASE.

spoiler mebbe?

NSFW: show
i'm only to right after the first time you you fight Adam and Eve but...... i've seen enough Japanese storytelling. i know that Man (Android?) Is The Real Monster. ALWAYS.

so i feel like SHIT slaughtering the cute little trash can bots.

and avoid it as much as possible.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bloatedsack » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 pm

I bought Mad Max on release for my PS4 because there's just not enough post apocalyptic stuff out there. At a certain point, I got kinda bored and it seemed repetitive. I went back and realized that was teh last mission or so.

If you like doing all the side stuff, there's lots to do. Raiding the bases and the minibosses was fun and each boss battle was pretty awesome, or you can just fly around the wasteland and do the "easy" stuff to get parts like take out the totem and the sniper towers.

...I've been loving Elite Dangerous so much, and it's taken me back in time to my childhood, I went out and bought a flightstick for my PS4.. Jesus, there's so many fucking buttons everywhere. I can barely find shit when I want it, but my hand is so much less cramped than holding a stupid DS4 for 10 hours at a time... wish there was more stuff I could use this joystick for.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby dozicusmaximus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:32 am

I just started Dark Souls 3. I'm not sure why I even bought it. I'm not very good at video games and usually play everything on easy. I hope to beat the first boss tomorrow. Haha.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

I bought dragon age:inquisition and broken age in the psn sale.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Got a Nintendo switch last week and now all my free time is split between Zelda and Splatoon. Fuck, I love Nintendo.

PSwhatever/Xbox = made for adults, played by children
Nintendo= Made for children, played by adults.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Jk, my kid is awful at Zelda. DADDY KILL IT! DADDY CLIMB THIS! DADDY FIX IT! DADDY I ERASED YOUR SAVE FILE!
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:07 am

Been weirdly surprised with how enjoyable Wildlands is. It's just the Far Cry formula times 10 and it's pretty satisfying.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zeravla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Olin wrote:Been weirdly surprised with how enjoyable Wildlands is. It's just the Far Cry formula times 10 and it's pretty satisfying.

The reviews made me think it was going to be terrible but I've been having fun. Haven't waded into the multiplayer yet, which is supposedly where the real fun is?
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:06 am

Jill's ass in HD again. For a lower budget portable game, it was actually a lot better than 5 and 6. :idk:

Still never picked up the hard copy RE4,5 & 6 re-releases. Haven't actually finished 4 in about 8 years after restarting it about 5 times
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion