Squier offsets 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Squier offsets 2017

Postby xrleroyx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Wow, that's incredible. Too bad I'm balls deep into a VM jag project.

I really like the look of that gold/red jm.
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:11 am

The key on Squiers or any of the budget lines of a big brand is don't buy the cheapest.

You get a lot of bang for the buck if you go to their (relative to the brand) midrange or high-end stuff!
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:45 am

I like the black one.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 am

the bari looks like a sweet setup but I wish it had dots and a natural headstock, I know the big inlays and matching are what the cool kids are into but like my fender style guitars with a natural finish on the headstock,
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Classic Vibe pickups are rad - they're supposed to be Toneriders and they sound a lot like old Strat pickups to me. I enjoyed the Duncan Designs on the ugly Baritone I tried as well. I actually liked the Antigua look but happened upon a cheaper and more unique bari.

I'm confused about that bridge. You can't see it in any of the pics because it's too black!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby actual » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:12 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:the bari looks like a sweet setup but I wish it had dots and a natural headstock, I know the big inlays and matching are what the cool kids are into but like my fender style guitars with a natural finish on the headstock,

Reading the first half, I was gonna reply and say "wtf block inlays and matching headstocks are the shiiit" but then I just felt insulted :(
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby julius_deane » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm

actualidiot wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:the bari looks like a sweet setup but I wish it had dots and a natural headstock, I know the big inlays and matching are what the cool kids are into but like my fender style guitars with a natural finish on the headstock,

Reading the first half, I was gonna reply and say "wtf block inlays and matching headstocks are the shiiit" but then I just felt insulted :(
i'm a grrnoise
julius_deane

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 am

Yeah Hbomb I regret to inform you that your opinion is wrong.

I am low key creaming over this at work
http://shop.fender.com/en-SE/squier-pro ... ts&start=1
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby More_Divebombs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:00 am

I just got one of the Affinity Jazzmasters for super cheap in White.

Guy at work bought it for his kid. Kid didn't wanna learn to play it. Guy needs to get shot of it. I swipe it for £80. Eighty! It's pretty much new, barring a bit of rash on the pickguard from where he's probably strummed it a bit before giving up on it, the ungrateful shite.

I've had a terrible experience with the few Affinity's I've owned/played. They normally feel like toys (understandable given the price), and I expected this to go out of tune just by looking at it, but it feels pretty solid. Good tuning stability, nice medium-output pickups with a big clear sound, the pots sound bit scratchy, but nothing unusable. They might just need a clean. Most surprisingly for a cheap Squier, the bridge isn't a total piece of shit, which seems to be Squier's business model most of the time - Decent gear with bridges made of biscuit.

I probably wouldn't have bought one of these full price originally, as someone else in this thread has said - go for the higher end Squier stuff. However, after giving this a good going over, for the money, it is a solid guitar. Much better than any Affinity I've had my hands on before. I'll swap the pots if cleaning them doesn't sort out the crackle, but other than that, I don't think I'll do much else to it - except layer it full of stickers.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Anyone has experience with the Bullet Mustang?
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:15 pm

No personal experience of it, but it gets rave reviews. The reviews are often side by side with the Jazzmaster, and it tends to get better reviews than the Jazzer. I watched/read a good few before making the fairly small financial commitment to the Jazzmaster.

Totally solid guitars for the money.

Man, when I was growing up, guitars at that price would be pieces of crap. Kids learning guitar have got it so easy now. Entry level gear is seriously good.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby HAVN » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:31 pm

I played one of those black baritones at Chicago Music Exchange today while trying a Wizard of Pitch. Right out of the box it was a sweet guitar and sounded especially neat with that pedal. I'm tempted to get one for $449 brand new.
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby wafl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 am

That bari jazzy is 30" and alumitone bass bars fit under a jazzmaster pickup.

A set of kalium strings and that would be a really rad bass VI.

Why must I be so financially destitute?
wafl

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass