Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby kosta » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Corey Y wrote:
repoman wrote:Kinda wanna add another pickup behind the bridge on the baritone...dunno wtf that would sound like in reality

Every video of someone doing this online is usually accompanied by some other effect, so it's hard to tell what it actually sounds like. Usually kind of chimey drones.

A few years ago, I built a Yuri Landman White Eagle tailed bridge guitar (with ILFer Phantasmagorovich too actually) with a pickup behind the bridge, and it essentially emphasizes harmonics. So yeah - super chimey and awesome when you fret at positions that have lots of natural harmonics. The trick with the Yuri Landman design though is that the length of the strings behind the bridge is exactly half the length from the 12th fret to the bridge, so they give you exactly a third octave (above the notes at the twelfth fret) if you play them open. So they ring and chime really sympathetically to the rest of the guitar. Pretty awesome!

Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

^^^That sounds amazing to me. I thought about building one of those...hmmm
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Image

haha, I hope that gauge is active somehow

kosta wrote:
Corey Y wrote:
repoman wrote:Kinda wanna add another pickup behind the bridge on the baritone...dunno wtf that would sound like in reality

Every video of someone doing this online is usually accompanied by some other effect, so it's hard to tell what it actually sounds like. Usually kind of chimey drones.

A few years ago, I built a Yuri Landman White Eagle tailed bridge guitar (with ILFer Phantasmagorovich too actually) with a pickup behind the bridge, and it essentially emphasizes harmonics. So yeah - super chimey and awesome when you fret at positions that have lots of natural harmonics. The trick with the Yuri Landman design though is that the length of the strings behind the bridge is exactly half the length from the 12th fret to the bridge, so they give you exactly a third octave (above the notes at the twelfth fret) if you play them open. So they ring and chime really sympathetically to the rest of the guitar. Pretty awesome!

That sounds really cool. Sounds like a built in Last Gasp Lab Misty Cave!
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GWFH » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 pm

sick
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
GWFH

interested
interested

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:31 am

Serious page of epic offsets :drool:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 am

repoman wrote:

haha, I hope that gauge is active somehow

Apparently, it lights up, but that's about all.

https://books.google.com/books?id=-mSnQ ... ar&f=false
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:20 am

I've actually been looking into embedding a voltage meter into a guitar, and I think it can be made to work if it's measuring millivolts.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby foomanfat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:12 pm

My new guy, McGuirk.

Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

I love those teles
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TraceItalian » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:15 pm

repoman wrote:Image

Decided to make use of some AVRI Jazzmaster pickups I had. I had seen two Danocasters setup like this, and I've felt that the bridge pickup on Jags is always a bit lacking so a Jazzmaster pickup there would be cool. Definitely fattened things up a bit.

Those are some right purty git-fiddles. Where'd you get the pickguard for the bottom guitar?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby repoman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Mint one is a fender I think? Its been cut and the white portion slots in and is made from some sheet pick guard material
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby boneslygrifter » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:12 am

Only guitar for now, but I'm eyeing a Charvel Skatecaster SK-1 for my more sludgey/heavy stuff.
My music:

https://hetchetchy-tx.bandcamp.com/releases Side project with my best friend, we wrote and recorded this in two days.

https://mummertheband.com/releases Same friend on drums with another on guitars/lead vocals
boneslygrifter

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:08 am

Sweet looking guitar. :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Nateispro » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:42 pm

repoman wrote:Image

Decided to make use of some AVRI Jazzmaster pickups I had. I had seen two Danocasters setup like this, and I've felt that the bridge pickup on Jags is always a bit lacking so a Jazzmaster pickup there would be cool. Definitely fattened things up a bit.

Oh man I want a Jag just like that!!
Turn Up Tune Down Rock Out

Good deals: Holy Schnikes
Nateispro

committed
committed

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm

boneslygrifter wrote:Image

Only guitar for now, but I'm eyeing a Charvel Skatecaster SK-1 for my more sludgey/heavy stuff.

Purple ano pickguard? :love:
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass