Let's see your BICYCLE!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BICYCLE!

Postby samzadgan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:20 pm

PeteeBee wrote:What's cool with bike shorts/bibs? My friends who cycle pretty seriously say just get bibs. My not wanting to spend a lot of money thinks just get shorts. I'm wanting to add cycling into my workout routine. I'm having a hard time running more than 45 minutes without my knees hurting. My bike seems like a good way to mix it up a bit.

bibs are good...i converted about a year ago...they are very comfy.

i'm not full on lycra anymore, but i still wear bibs and wear shorts and t-shirt over the top.

out of all the bibs i've bought, rapha ones seem to be the best quality and fit
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 am

Rapha stuff is awesome but super expensive ($200-300). Makes sense if you spend a couple hours riding everyday but if you ride for maybe 30-60 minutes a day cheaper stuff might be adequate. Castelli has some more affordable stuff that fits really well ($100). Wiggles house brand DHB has make leaps and bounds in terms of quality in the past couple years and are worth a look. DHB jerseys are excellent now, I have some of their bibs too that are pretty good ($50-100).
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby maz91379 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:07 pm

https://stolengoat.com/

Have a jersey that's super comfortable from these guys been eyeing another bib and thinking of them.

Ribble/Wiggle /Jenson USA /merlin cycles also has some good deals on jerseys/ bibs sometimes. It's handy to shop around lots of stuff in weird colors or past season gets marked down.

Running back to post about couplers. Waterford has as an option on their frames that's like $600 Which is pretty reasonable although that's still basically the cost of a steel frame like a surly......
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:00 pm

I came for pics of bikes and all I've got is a bunch of talk about underpants with suspenders.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Corey Y wrote:I came for pics of bikes and all I've got is a bunch of talk about underpants with suspenders.

Maybe you should get that printed on a cycling jersey?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Corey Y wrote:I came for pics of bikes and all I've got is a bunch of talk about underpants with suspenders.

Maybe you should get that printed on a cycling jersey?

I'd buy that, if I had money...and a bike...and they made them in XXXL and I wanted one.

Purple flake bicycles please, chop chop.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:23 pm

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:14 pm

No mine, but somebody had to step up...

Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

That's a nice seatpost on that fancy Scott. I think I like that little String-Ray the best though. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Chankgeez wrote:That's a nice seatpost on that fancy Scott. I think I like that little String-Ray the best though. :snax:

Needs a much taller sissy bar and tassels on the handles, but I agree.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 am

The Levant and the cinelli nemo are beautiful!

Also Cory...Lycra is basically currency for cyclists...once you go there it's like a revelation!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Sold a few things and copped this mid 90's PK Ripper Frame and Landing Gear Forks. Super Stoked as this was always my dream bike when I was a little preteen BMX'er. Hope to be riding it soon. Need to get some parts though.

jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Finally got the PK Ripper almost fully road worthy. 95-ish frame and landing gear fork. OG Cycle Craft Fred'z bars with A'me grips and DK neck. Newer Redline Flights and Flight Gear and some janky araya? rims from an old diamond back. MY dumbass didn't realize it needed a 13/16th seat post so waiting on that to show up in the post. Flippin slaps hard so far, which is good since I sold a bunch of supa cool pedals to get this going.

jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Looks great! :!!!: Black rims are ace! :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 am

bumping this into the present. I'm getting a Public D8i as an early birthday present from my wife. Looking to pick up the little odds and ends that make it a little more reliable as a transportation thingy. She got the front and back racks, so I don't need those, but any suggestions for panniers, lights, small pumps, other things I'm unaware of? Basically, any suggestions for bike accessories that you can endorse are greatly appreciated!

I won't be doing any proper cycling, just groceries/kids to the park/beer or coffee hangs, that sort of bits. :hello:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion