Koblan Kustom Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Koblan Kustom Guitars

Postby sylnau » Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 am

Anybody know them or tried them?

They are made in Canada.

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Koblan Kustom Guitars

Postby popvulture » Wed May 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Kinda bold that they have headstocks w/Fender decals posted on their site... that probably will bite them in the ass.

That said, they look like nice vintage repros. Only thing I can see from the pic above that seems a bit weird is the more defined transition angle of the arm relief. Seems way pronounced.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I did not noticed the logo... yeah the that's weird... same with the trem. I guess they are expensive partcaster?

https://www.koblankustom.com/
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:52 pm

They look like partscasters, wording on the site is suspicious?

Not that partscasters are necessarily bad...its just they seem kinda...I dunno.. off? At least when in conjunction with the prices some of these partscaster assemblers charge.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby John » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:39 am

Wow, "custom" guitars that look just like production guitars! I bet they even let you pick the color!
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:34 am

He has a disclaimer in fine print on the bottom of his homepage:
© 2015 All right reserved Koblan Kusom. These guitars are NOT Fender instruments. They are replicas. They are not sold as Fender instruments. Please share these pictures so all your friends can drool, too!!!

I guess he thinks that make it okay to counterfeit guitars.

There is similar chicanery going on in the B/S/T, by the way. Someone is trying to pass off their Squier partscaster as a Fender partscaster. As far as I can tell, the only Fender part on it is the decal he put on the headstock. I've been trying to decide whether or not to call him out on it. On the one hand, I don't like making accusations. But on the other hand, I don't want to see someone get burned.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Lurker13 wrote:He has a disclaimer in fine print on the bottom of his homepage:
© 2015 All right reserved Koblan Kusom. These guitars are NOT Fender instruments. They are replicas. They are not sold as Fender instruments. Please share these pictures so all your friends can drool, too!!!

There is similar chicanery going on in the B/S/T, by the way. Someone is trying to pass off their Squier partscaster as a Fender partscaster. As far as I can tell, the only Fender part on it is the decal he put on the headstock. I've been trying to decide whether or not to call him out on it. On the one hand, I don't like making accusations. But on the other hand, I don't want to see someone get burned.

If you're pretty sure, say something. They can always refute the accusation. There's no place here for hustlers.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:59 pm

John wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:He has a disclaimer in fine print on the bottom of his homepage:

If you're pretty sure, say something. They can always refute the accusation. There's no place here for hustlers.

I did. I tried not to phrase it as an accusation, just in case. It's better to try a constructive approach. But if he gives me the faux indignation and outrage routine, I'm going to have a lot more to say about it.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

ReadandBurn wrote:3rd (middle) pu routed by our very own Sonichris in Colorado

More importantly, who is this "Sonichris in Colorado"?

I don't recall that name from anywhere. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
ReadandBurn wrote:3rd (middle) pu routed by our very own Sonichris in Colorado

More importantly, who is this "Sonichris in Colorado"?

I don't recall that name from anywhere. :idk:

He's a poster on the offset guitars forum, so I suppose the ad is in both places (copy/pasted) via readandburn (OSG user:preservation) :idk:

Edit: here's part of the ad in their B/S/T (you need to be logged in/registered on OSG to see it), with a correction/question first:

Johnny Alien on OSG wrote:
For clarification, this is a refinished Squier Jag right? The Reverb ad isn't totally clear as it says Partmaster and Fender but the description said Vintage Modified Jag so I am guessing that's the Squier? Are the tuners still the Squier tuners? What trem does it have on it? Since it has no Fender or Squier logo I am assuming that it's something else. Thanks

preservation on OSG:
Th answer to all of your initial questions is *yes*

was a white Squier jag
+ refinish
+ new decal
+ 3rd PU routing
+ new pickups
+ staytrem bridge
+ fretwork/back of neck slightly sanded
+ set up for C#
+ HSC
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

:thumb:

So, now, the real question is: "is it the right guitar for sylnau?" :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby sylnau » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am

:lol:

I don't think so. I don't like the fact that the use a Fender decalc (since it's not a Fender or not even a partscaster).

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Guitar and Bass