Guitar... what should I look for?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Guitar... what should I look for?

Postby popvulture » Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 am

Space—did that ESP custom shop you ordered ever arrive?
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 am

Don't sleep on vintage mustangs for experimental shit
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby SPACERITUAL » Sat May 13, 2017 5:22 pm

popvulture wrote:Space—did that ESP custom shop you ordered ever arrive?

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...Wait did i srs not tell you guys the story about that?

So the first one was all done and they shipped (I'm not kidding, they literally put it on a boat and ship it over, takes weeks) it and when customs got it they, and I'm 100% not kidding here, they told me "the hardware on your guitar is illegal in the US because it causes cancer", and sent it back to japan. By boat. three months later, after esp us finally got it through customs, i lost contact with my dealer. After about a month of not hearing anything I called ESP USA and they told me there were quality issues with the guitar and they sent it back to japan but they also haven't heard back from my dealer, who at this point had about $7000 of my USD. So I call up friends in cali and send them over and apparently the shop isn't exactly a shop but the guy has been running it out of his house (this is an esp platinum dealer). A month later i got an email saying sorry but that he took a bunch of peyote and went to joshua tree and got bitten by a snake and has been in some kind of psych ward ever since.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 13, 2017 5:35 pm

:whoa: :trippy: :cry:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby popvulture » Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Oh god dude. Hope you got your cash back. Brutal.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Vacation in two weeks.
I'll try to go to Spaceman Music and Lauzon Music in Ottawa and Cosmic Dave in Sudbury.

We'll see... :snax:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So the first one was all done and they shipped (I'm not kidding, they literally put it on a boat and ship it over, takes weeks) it and when customs got it they, and I'm 100% not kidding here, they told me "the hardware on your guitar is illegal in the US because it causes cancer", and sent it back to japan. By boat. three months later, after esp us finally got it through customs, i lost contact with my dealer. After about a month of not hearing anything I called ESP USA and they told me there were quality issues with the guitar and they sent it back to japan but they also haven't heard back from my dealer, who at this point had about $7000 of my USD. So I call up friends in cali and send them over and apparently the shop isn't exactly a shop but the guy has been running it out of his house (this is an esp platinum dealer). A month later i got an email saying sorry but that he took a bunch of peyote and went to joshua tree and got bitten by a snake and has been in some kind of psych ward ever since.

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sylnau » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:03 pm

I’m back from vacation… I visited 3 stores…

The first one was Cosmic Dave in Sudbury. Unfortunately the store was closed when I was there, but they have some cool used guitars. I’ll visit them next time I go there.

The second one was Spaceman Music in Ottawa. Nothing really interesting for me.

The third one was Lauzon Music also in Ottawa… really nice store. I tried many many many guitars there. My favorite was a Collings 360 LT M (with P90)… all Collings I tried where great. I also like the Gretsch PowerJet but didn’t like the TV Jones Power Tron pickup. I wasn’t really into Jazzmaster or Strat.

I wish I could have try a Collings with Gold Foil. So far I think a solid body guitar with P90 or Gold Foil is the way to go for me. I’ll look in the used market as those where a bit too expensive for me.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Yep, Collings are great guitars but quite expensive, pretty much overpriced if you ask me. Definitely worth a look if you can get a good used price, though.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:49 am

At least I know a little bit more about what I like and what I don't like.

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am

:)* :thumb: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby popvulture » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 am

sylnau wrote:At least I know a little bit more about what I like and what I don't like.

Very much! And I didn't mean to sound dismissive of Collings... they're really great guitars. I'd say just follow your instincts and look for a used one. Those new prices are painful!

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

popvulture wrote:
sylnau wrote:At least I know a little bit more about what I like and what I don't like.

Very much! And I didn't mean to sound dismissive of Collings... they're really great guitars. I'd say just follow your instincts and look for a used one. Those new prices are painful!

Dont worry... I'll never put 4k (CND) on a guitar.

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:08 am

Yeah their acoustics have always been renowned for being meticulously made, wonderful sounding guitars. To me, they really stand out in that field. When they started making electrics, I think they shot a little too high with the price, though—I think there are a lot of makers that produce guitars equal to Collings' at a lower price (plenty of which we've talked about on this thread). In short, I don't think Collings is the same level of standout in the electric world and can't really justify that price.

But used, though!

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass