The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Postby echoraven » Wed May 25, 2016 11:17 am

jwar wrote:Yea I think the cardio before bed did fuck up my sleep....The point of the cardio before bed though is to shed some of the unwanted water weight and burn a few extra calories. So I'll keep doing it while I can! I'm so close to the end, so it's no biggie...

One of life's gifts to me for growing older is the inability to exercise in the evening. Fucks up my sleep big time.
3 days a week I'm up at am to do cardio (1 hour treadmill) and the other 3 I'm up at 4:30, 2 of those days resistance training and the other another cardio day.
Sleep like the dead.
Sleep is gold my friend.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby wsas3 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 pm

I finally hit a 4 plate deadlift, and that was after two finals with 2 hours of sleep! Not even the first time I've had a great workout after little sleep and massive amounts of stress.
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Archer push ups can eat my ass.

And my stiff ankles won't let me get my thighs past parrellel to the floor.
Whatever body!
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Fri May 27, 2016 10:37 am

2 questions.

How do y'all deal with popping joints. No matter how much I stretch, my shoulders always pop, mainly my left, when weight lifting. During the day I have good posture, except if I spend an entire day sitting and mixing. I think I sleep oddly. I probably should see a chiropractor, but who can afford that when I waste all my money on gear I'm not good enough to play with. Any tips on dealing with problem joints?

And anyone else sweat like crazy? I'm like fucking splash mountain throughout the day if I do cardio. I'm already sweaty enough when I'm not working out, but when I do it's like there's a rain cloud over me.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm

As someone who does gymnastic strength training, I can't agree enough with vidret. Mobility will make everything in your life easier and better.

Look up shoulder dislocates. This guy has a pretty good explanation. The only thing I would add is to shrug your shoulders at the top of the motion (so your delts touch your ears). Keep the elbows locked and ribs in, and don't let your back arch. IF your back is arching and you're having a hard time getting through the motion, then widen your grip. I've seen weight lifters who can barely get the pvc pipe over their head without hitting themselves, because their shoulders are so tight. Start with a pvc pipe, wooden dowel/broomstick, or even a towel, and only go as narrow as you can while keeping your elbows locked. It'll get easier with time, and so will the pops and cracks. Do something like 2-3 sets of 10, and don't be afraid to do LESS the first few times, if it seems really uncomfortable, so you don't injure yourself if your shoulders are really tight. You might want to do some arm circles/arm swings beforehand to get some blood flow in your joints. This might be obvious but if it's painful, and not just in the muscle stretching sort of way, back off of it!!! The key to mobility is slow, steady, consistent work. It's not like lifting. :thumb:

gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri May 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Whelp! Down to 1400 calories, 60 minutes of lifting, an hour of cardio a day and feel like death! This is the life!!! I have 9 fucking days left in the gym and less than 2 weeks to drop like 4 lbs!!!

I'm sitting at like 184 right now in the mornings. What we are trying to do is slide me into what's called middle weight bodybuilding. The top off weight is 176 (it was 178 last year...fuckers). Anyway, I'm absolutely shredded at 184-185. Only have the tiniest bit of fat sitting at the very bottom of my back, which is super frustrating as last time I did a prep that was gone fast. Nothing can be the same twice though right? LOL. Anyway, I'm getting antsy, tried, frustrated and trying not to give up. I want to win. I want to place if I don't win, but I want to win. I don't care if I have to murder myself to do this. I'm giving it my all. My 100%.

Less than two weeks. Sigh. hahaha. I can't wait to eat sushi after my show and Reece's. I miss Reece's. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 am

It's the way I've always been taught.... We go for a full range of motion, and for gymnastics specifically, people need to have that shrug, with open shoulders, in order to properly do handstands. For non-gymnasts, I might still recommend it just to get the shoulders to open up all the way. If you keep your shoulders out (by that I'm assuming you mean to the sides, away from the ears) then you won't be able to move your hands closer together as you progress, which is the goal of mobility drills: to increase range of motion.

Is there a reason you prefer not to shrug? Now I'm curious ....
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun May 29, 2016 3:42 pm

182...I'm wasting away now. I can't even think straight. Need a cheeseburger. :) :(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Sun May 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Can't you use mct oil and whatnot for energy while you're cutting?
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun May 29, 2016 3:50 pm

gunslinger_burrito wrote:Can't you use mct oil and whatnot for energy while you're cutting?

I do, but it's not much help at this low of cals with the work load. It's almost over. Just exhausted all the time. Plus I have this issue with sleeping when in prep. I tend to get only 5 hours a night, which sucks ass.

I'm ready though! Literally only need to drop 1 fucking pound and I'm there! Whatever I lose from this point on is just going to make it easier.

I'm just hoping it's worth it. Obviously it is in the sense that I accomplished a goal, but I want to win. Bad. Also, I want to take a year off after this. So that's going to rule. LOL!!

Can't wait to enjoy lifting again!!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Can't you keep your calories higher by using more healthy fats, and not keep a high workload with low calories? The latter seems like a recipe for health problems .... But you know more about bodybuilding than I do
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue May 31, 2016 6:14 am

gunslinger_burrito wrote:Can't you keep your calories higher by using more healthy fats, and not keep a high workload with low calories? The latter seems like a recipe for health problems .... But you know more about bodybuilding than I do

Right now I can't really tweak anything unless I'm taking something out. This close to the finish line it could fuck up my hormone balance and jacked my weight.

It's DEFINITELY not healthy and I would never lie and tell anyone that bodybuilding is. You can do it safely, but it's not healthy.
k
After a show, it takes months before you re-normalize (at least for me). That's why so many reverse diet. It's not like you actually need it, that's just bro science, but your body is so drained that if you slam it with too much, it will further fuck up your organ systems.

After my last one, I had a blood work up and I was a mess. Literally. My doctor was like "what the fuck did you do". So this time around, I know the proper steps to take to get myself back to normal thankfully. It's a slow process. I can't just eat like a pig hahahaha.

So for the next week. I have to keep cals low, so my weight doesn't fluctuate and keep my workload high. That will pay off during peak week where you don't workout.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby echoraven » Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 am

Fuckballs Jwar, fuckballs. You sir are a nuclear badass.
BTW, down 13lbs in 5 weeks, that is all...
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 pm

gah!!!I hate being ocd about fitness/nutrition!!!!!

The whole intermittent fasting thing actually seems to work nicely for me, except it's sometimes hard to get all the calories I need within an 8-9 hour window. My energy seems to be up higher than it was, most likely due to all the extra carbs....except the eczema I get only on my right hand has been flaring up for a while now..... It occasionally goes away, and I can't seem to tell what helps. I cut out dairy something like 7 years ago, and that seemed to help a lot, and I've also cut out gluten, but it still flares up. I can't help but wonder if overeating is somehow taxing my digestion and causes problems down the line..... It's so frustrating because I can never seem to get a balance between stable energy, clarity of mind, the ability to progress with my training, and general health.

The only thing I've never been able to totally commit to is ditching coffee. I've been drinking more than I was for a while, but only like 1-2 ciders a week..... Cutting out coffee/caffeine, and booze entirely are the only things that I haven't tried to get rid of the eczema. I did try ditching eggs once or twice, but saw no improvement..... This shit is so annoying.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:17 am

Man oh man am I having a hard time with eating post show. :( I didn't rebound like a madman, but I'm fucking hungry constantly. It sucks ass. I went up from 175.6 to 199 LOL!! That's this morning. I was 189 last week, but I kept eating. All last week I was really kind of fluffy. Today, I'm tighter and starting to drop back down. I have to drop down a bit to get rid of the fluff.

It's hard to think about doing another show this year. I want to do it so bad but then mentally I'm like "fuck this shit". Right now though, I'm getting plenty of food, my metabolism is just ramped up like crazy. So it feels like I'm starving when I'm not. Part me wonders if I'm crazy, the other part of me thinks I'm being a sissy.

My injury got a bit better after my show too. But now I have a different injury and it's from fucking sleeping!!! Same general area, but man I'm a mess. I'm going to a real doctor (not a chiro) on Monday to get a full work up. I can't wait to see how fucked up my numbers are after a show. LOL!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion