How do you launch a pedal?

Moderator: D-Rainger

Re: How do you launch a pedal?

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 am

I only have a little under 1k subscribers, but I'd demo the crap out of your stuff. I can even send it back to you if you'd like. I just like to demo shit. :lol:

My channel name is UglyCasanova if you want to check it out. My subscribers like weird gear so that should be good for you. PM me if you're up for it. :hello::
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:29 pm

UC is also very popular on TGP. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55552

Seriously, his demos are great! It would be interesting to hear his take on your pedals.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 am

:hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:12 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I only have a little under 1k subscribers, but I'd demo the crap out of your stuff. I can even send it back to you if you'd like. I just like to demo shit. :lol:

My channel name is UglyCasanova if you want to check it out. My subscribers like weird gear so that should be good for you. PM me if you're up for it. :hello::

So here's how it went for me...Vidret mentions Ezhi and Aka and Pladask Elektrisk in a thread. I'd never heard of them. First thing I did was check to see if UglyCasanova had demos for them and sure enough he did. Since then, I went on a quest to buy Ezhi and Aka and I also recently purchased a Pladask Romferd as well...

For me, UC, Kayzer, Magpie, Rectal Hygenist , etc are who I go to first because they often feature the "weird stuff" and they do a fantastic job with em.

And it's led to me spending money haha.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby D-Rainger » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 am

I think I've discovered something else about pedal launching; send out press releases!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 am

:lol: Yes, important.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D-Rainger » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 am

I'm slowly learning about what to put effort into....

Press releases; yes!

Making a 10 x size Dr Freakenstein Fuzz pedal; not so much...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:51 am

I saw the photos and that was pretty great though
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D-Rainger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 am

Thanks!!! :thumb:
That was my Christmas, right there - about 10 days of hotglue.
Shipping it to LA was OK - took a bit of sorting out. But packing it in LA and arranging shipping back to UK was incredibly tough and stressful - doing it on my own with rubbish wifi on phone and power running down, tropical rainstorms, flight departure deadline looming...
It fucking killed me!
But then I was able to use it again at the London Bass Guitar Show (a breeze!)....

So now I've got a giant Freakenstein that I can't really use anymore.
My girlfriend said 'we could hang it on the wall in the bedroom!!!' I know she didn't mean it - it might be just slightly overwhelming - but..... what a girl. :cool:
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby hotknife » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

D-Rainger on dat Knobs hype. Go go go! :!!!:
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

Postby Seance » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 am

Not having any real knowledge or first-hand experience, but having plenty of opinions...
I would imagine that hooking into the influential demo-dudes is probably a cost-effective
way to launch a new pedal. The only "wrong ways" to launch a pedal might perhaps
involve spending too much in a diffused and unfocused way using ineffective methods, or
to avoid making any effort at all (i.e. build perfect pedal—tell no one).

A tourbox and other forum-dwelling activities are probably good ways to slow-grow a user-base in a
mostly nebulous, hard to quantify way. Lots of people do research on pedal purchases
and "lurk" and soak up ideas/impressions/notions/feelings without even posting anything
themselves. So a tourbox could possibly create a small pool of goodwill as individuals use
pedals in their own personal way (certain forums are more shaded towards a certain user type,
but even still, different folks stomp pedals different, and use different gear for different sounds).
And then that pool sort of ripples out into other streams of influence and then into a river of
fuzz.

Bottom line: the Knobs video was good. I enjoyed it.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Also got the Reinhardt bump on Pedalsandeffects. Freakenstein sounded gnarly on that fuzz wars episode.

Also the Echo-X is a genius idea in a tiny format and I WANT IT BAD.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D-Rainger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 pm

hotknife wrote:D-Rainger on dat Knobs hype. Go go go! :!!!:

Yay! :!!!: :thumb:
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby D-Rainger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Seance wrote:Not having any real knowledge or first-hand experience, but having plenty of opinions...
I would imagine that hooking into the influential demo-dudes is probably a cost-effective
way to launch a new pedal. The only "wrong ways" to launch a pedal might perhaps
involve spending too much in a diffused and unfocused way using ineffective methods, or
to avoid making any effort at all (i.e. build perfect pedal—tell no one).

A tourbox and other forum-dwelling activities are probably good ways to slow-grow a user-base in a
mostly nebulous, hard to quantify way. Lots of people do research on pedal purchases
and "lurk" and soak up ideas/impressions/notions/feelings without even posting anything
themselves. So a tourbox could possibly create a small pool of goodwill as individuals use
pedals in their own personal way (certain forums are more shaded towards a certain user type,
but even still, different folks stomp pedals different, and use different gear for different sounds).
And then that pool sort of ripples out into other streams of influence and then into a river of
fuzz.

Bottom line: the Knobs video was good. I enjoyed it.

Thanks! Interesting stuff.... A tourbox is a weird idea, but maybe good...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby D-Rainger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

neonblack wrote:Also got the Reinhardt bump on Pedalsandeffects. Freakenstein sounded gnarly on that fuzz wars episode.

Also the Echo-X is a genius idea in a tiny format and I WANT IT BAD.

Thanks!
Yeh - I play in a one guitar band, and don't know how I got by without the Echo-X! All kinds of dubby oscillations take the pressure off, while I can just play rhythm or whatever underneath....
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Rainger FX