Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby gusman2x » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:14 am

xrleroyx wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
xrleroyx wrote:Hey so they're doing a limited run of bolt on necks for $750, should I buy a neck?

It was first said they were doing 15 but then I thought I read maybe they were doing more.

May be worth e-mailing to see if they still have some available.

Already did, they'll send me an invoice. Should I tho.

If you can afford it, and you like the idea then sure, go for it. It's also not that common that these guys do runs of necks. Plus, if you don't like it after a few months or whatever, you'll prob be able to flip it for little or no loss.
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby antennafarm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:52 pm

From the post on Instagram, it looks like they have a lot more than 15 blanks ready to be worked on.

I got on that - luckily I had JUST enough money to get on the preorder!! Pretty excited. Got a build that I think will work very nicely for it. Just couldn't pass it up, especially because Bastin is kind of a big question mark now.
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby kosta » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:35 pm

I think orders close at midnight tonight. Kevin said that folks who are interested can email sales@electricalguitarcompany.com
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby xrleroyx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:16 am

Well, fuck. Looks like I'm not going to be able to scoop one up. Just got out of work at 1am.
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 am

xrleroyx wrote:Well, fuck. Looks like I'm not going to be able to scoop one up. Just got out of work at 1am.

Wouldn't hurt to email him anyway. Otherwise you could wait for the next round maybe later this year. Kevin said on FB that the bolt on necks were very popular with 60 orders as of this weekend.

Funny, Bastin started posting pictures of a few things he is working on, like as if to remind us he isn't dead. Dude just disappeared for a long time and didn't respond to messages. I almost had a Bastin neck but that is a story for another time.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby xrleroyx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:36 am

It could be a story for right now tho.... I just learned about Bastin. I've been thinking about a JM build with a aluminum neck a lot lately. Cost is a factor.
Olin wrote:

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 am

codetocontra wrote:The Bastin neck was bought from a guy who bought his on preorder but never used. Sold through FaceBork, on the Bastin group, but I snatched it about 10 minutes after it was up. There are a few other people that really want one too. If I decide not to let mine go I will let you know.

Overdue follow up: Dude sent me my money back for the Bastin neck. Said he couldn't locate the neck screws. Neither of us could get a hold of Matt Bastin for proper screw size either. Wondered if dude really lost the screws or if I was silently outbid on FB after I sent the money. Won't name dude who makes pedals because of my baseless accusations are more like wonderings. Don't care now either, will fulfill my hotrod build with an EGC bolt on.

Started a thread about my guitar build: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=55341&p=1176520#p1176520
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:38 am

Can't say I can make that decision for ya.
I did and can't wait. Though I'm now super conflicted in what to put it on...

Get a custom body built with it in mind, source all the hardware myself...shit.

Jazzcaster, Tele, Strat, Telebird... I don't fucking know.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby antennafarm » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Choice paralysis about guitars, especially WHICH ALUMINUM NECK, definitely pegs us all in a particular hard niche of First World Problems.
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby jojo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am

I just placed an order for a black anodized tyranny. Looking forward to getting it !
jojo

interested
interested

Postby antennafarm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:23 am

FYI bolt-on necks have started shipping!
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby xrleroyx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 pm

antennafarm wrote:FYI bolt-on necks have started shipping!

You gotta let me know when yours comes
Olin wrote:

xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby antennafarm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:36 pm

xrleroyx wrote:

Will do! If the "37" on my receipt means what I think it means, then I have #37 in the queue (out of 70). So if they're finished in a linear timeframe, I assume mine'll be shipped about mid-month!
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:15 pm

antennafarm wrote:
xrleroyx wrote:

Will do! If the "37" on my receipt means what I think it means, then I have #37 in the queue (out of 70). So if they're finished in a linear timeframe, I assume mine'll be shipped about mid-month!

Hopefully that means I'm no 22 on the list... still crazy that this run was originally supposed to be like 15.

I'm already mostly paid, which is nice. Only owe $150 on it now because paypal somehow sent a double payment.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:44 pm

My deposit invoice said 17. Just paid my final invoice and that was 90. Maybe just their invoicing system and not our bolt on neck number.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass