Let's talk baritones.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's talk baritones.

Postby fcknoise » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:04 am

I'm just worried that instead of 125€-200€ a custom built one would be like double the amount, and then I might as well just buy a baritone. It's quite understandable it doesn't get made that much though haha
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cisco » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

32 inches of stiff.

Cisco

committed
committed

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 am

daaamn. what you tuning that to, guey?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Cisco » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

gnomethrone wrote:daaamn. what you tuning that to, guey?

Don't know yet. Still isn't here.
Cisco

committed
committed

Postby Tritone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Here's a real quick clip of the SE277 Semi-hollow. The first 8 bars are on the bridge pickup, the middle 8 are on both, and the last 8 are the neck pickup.

https://clyp.it/512ljbki
Tritone

involved
involved

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:16 pm

That sounds great! I broke the headstock on my # guitar, which is a Hagstrom, so I went full time on my Yamaha AES 820 Drop 6. It's so much fun to play. I'm even getting used to the annoying high-output pickups, which actually sound OK as long as you're playing through a high headroom amp.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Wittgenstein » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:11 pm

I had a baritone jag, MIJ, that I couldn't get a decent sound out of to save my life. But then, this guy takes the exact same model and does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqQ8McYO6M8
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BoatRich » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:56 am

Wittgenstein wrote:I had a baritone jag, MIJ, that I couldn't get a decent sound out of to save my life. But then, this guy takes the exact same model and does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqQ8McYO6M8

I just bought one of these and love it but the pickups are really weak. Have you thought about changing them?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wittgenstein » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am

I sold it. The pickups were terrible. I hated the bridge. It's hideously cheap looking and feeling. I would've had to put 1k into it to make it work for me (I'm getting spoiled by comparison to my younger days of playing nothing but trash guitars). For not much more money I could just have Danocaster build a baritone for me or something.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 pm

So...I love my Bass VI, but reading through this thread made me really want a baritone....

Do I REALLY need one?

I actually really like the looks of the PRS SE 277, which is probably one of the weirdest things I've ever said since I don't think I've ever liked a PRS guitar before:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby repoman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:29 am

I dont think I posted this in the thread, this is a baritone I put together with an allparts neck and warmoth body.

I need to put a different bridge on it, I think I can fit a TOM as the neck is 12"
Offset bridges are godawful.
Last edited by repoman on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:35 am

MrNovember wrote:So...I love my Bass VI, but reading through this thread made me really want a baritone....

Do I REALLY need one?

I actually really like the looks of the PRS SE 277, which is probably one of the weirdest things I've ever said since I don't think I've ever liked a PRS guitar before:

The 277 semi hollows are fucking awesome. The necks also feel great, and the overall build is rad. If I hadn't gotten the Jag I would've gotten one of these.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:37 pm

repoman wrote:Image

I dont think I posted this in the thread, this is a baritone I put together with an allparts neck and warmoth body.

I need to put a different bridge on it, I think I can fit a TOM as the neck is 12"
Offset bridges are godawful.

i realize it'll cost a shit ton but FUCKING MASTERY, MAN.

I put one on my VMJM with an EGC neck. It's so fucking great.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby repoman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I think I will have to get one. I'm looking for a regular neck I can stick on it to switch back and forth between baritone and regular and it would be nice to have a bridge that can be adjusted to neck radius.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benjuro » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 am

BoatRich wrote:The 277 semi hollows are fucking awesome. The necks also feel great, and the overall build is rad. If I hadn't gotten the Jag I would've gotten one of these.

I have one of the solid body PRS baris, purchased on sale the year before they introduced the semi-hollow (d'oh, that would have been the move). The build quality and neck are excellent. I thought it might work beautifully for my doom/drone band with two downtuned guitars and no bass...but no matter what pickups I tried, it just sounded too nu-metal to me with heavy fuzz.

I finally put alnico hum-sized P90s in it and find I much prefer it for cleaner tones. It's great for more subtle work...I would bet the semi-hollow kills for this purpose.
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass