Let's see your BASS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:41 pm

I think my Elrick needs some extra shielding in it. I opened it up and it's kind of shitted up in there. Anyone got a dummy version of how to go about doing that?? Plus there's a scratchy pot, but I have contact cleaner for that.

Side note, I've been using chromes for like 2 months now...I know! I KNOW!!! I hate flats!!! FUCK! They sound good though! The only thing I don't like is they kill my highs a bit and they are much more difficult to play at times. Like my finger fatigue and shit.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby odontophobia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 pm

jwar wrote:I think my Elrick needs some extra shielding in it. I opened it up and it's kind of shitted up in there. Anyone got a dummy version of how to go about doing that?? Plus there's a scratchy pot, but I have contact cleaner for that.

Side note, I've been using chromes for like 2 months now...I know! I KNOW!!! I hate flats!!! FUCK! They sound good though! The only thing I don't like is they kill my highs a bit and they are much more difficult to play at times. Like my finger fatigue and shit.

when i changed pickups in my vintage modified jazz master all i did was order some shielding tape off of reverb and stuck that down. it doesn't look pretty but with that and the pickup change it's sounding pretty good right now.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:11 pm

jwar wrote:Like my finger fatigue and shit.

That is because you are playing them like rounds and hitting them too hard in the wrong spot because you are use to using weak, useless, wimpy strings like the girlyman you are :p

Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks for the link but I cried a little about the sissy girl comment. :( LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:08 pm

:hug:
Hint: lower action, difference in plucking placement is about an inch more towards the neck with flats, turn up amp more :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:40 pm

NBD!! 2001 Ric 4003 from ishibashi. got across the whole world in TWO FUCKING DAYS. talk about fast shipping, great job, EMS!

Funny thing - I was in Prague where our customs HQ is last night, introducing my girl to my dad... we were staying overnight. At dinner, I got an email about the bass hitting customs, so in the morning I dragged my girl across the whole city to process it because we had a show tonight! She's a total trooper :thumb: it's so heartwarming to be with someone who digs your hobby (and your band)

Just got back from the show... when I got here, I restrung the bass with Roto rounds. There might be a bit of work to be done on the action, it's on the higher side but I like that usually - heavy picker, usually play with a pick. Fingers are no problem either though :) Anyway... bass sounds fucking gnarly, I probably have to tame the EQ on my amp a little, it's really punchy and zingy and honky at the same time. Which is not necessarily a bad thing tho! :lol:

my wrist is chaffed the fuck up, need to work on my hand position and strap length. Taking off the pickup cover will probably help, I didn't fuck with that before the show, didn't have that much time, really

I'm stoked. Love the neck, the flat fingerboard radius will take some getting used to but damn! No neck dive (at least with my Mono strap), not too heavy (4.20kg guys, it's a sign!)

:animal: :animal: :animal: :animal: :animal: :animal: :animal:

I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:28 am

:!!!:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:30 pm

I know right? :) Just set it up for a mid-to-high action, how I like it. Bit of buzz with a pick but that's a part of the sound eh (especially with new roto rounds) :)

Roto rounds 45-105 right now. I'll still keep my Ibanez RB 650, will probably string that with the Fender flats I used to use before to have two basses with different things going on
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Lovely NBD :thumb:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Beautiful! So jealous man, that's an awesome bass
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rickenbastard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Welcome to the Ric cult haha looks real nice!
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks! I wasn't too sure about the color, it looked really light in the pictures, but it has actually already started aging a bit as is visible when you look under the trussrod cover, where it is REALLY light :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:45 am

Woah!!! :animal:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

DarkAxel wrote:Thanks! I wasn't too sure about the color, it looked really light in the pictures, but it has actually already started aging a bit as is visible when you look under the trussrod cover, where it is REALLY light :)

I LOVE Mapleglo
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby bloatedsack » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 pm

jwar wrote:I think my Elrick needs some extra shielding in it. I opened it up and it's kind of shitted up in there. Anyone got a dummy version of how to go about doing that?? P

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/jazz-s ... ng.159191/

I bought tape from a tape supplier who specifically stated their copper tape was backed with conductive adhesive. I only did half of one of two instruments, though, so my opinon probably doesn't count. I also learned that some routes can be goddamned tight and even that little bit of thickness form tape can be an issue, so try to not overlap more than you have to.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass