?Idea?

Moderator: D-Rainger

?Idea?

Postby shlomo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:57 pm

:idea: :?:

i really have fallen in Love with Raunger FX!

And for an Upgrade of the smallest Pedalboard of the world, i thought:
What about a crazy Wah/Volume/Fuzz/Igor-Expression-Pedal-Replacement based on the Design of your Mini-Effects!?

I know it is a lot of wishes on such a tiny space but the Pedal could be used for various Options, perhaps even in one Box:

:joy: - Crazy-Fuzz-Pitch-Shifter
:!!!: :!!!: - maybe an Octaver which's depth, range or whatever could be adjusted via the Expression-Pedal :drool:
:omg: - Wahwah with switchable Fuzz/Distortion
:!!!: - Phaser, Flanger , Tremolo ?
:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: - Bypass, effectmode or expression Mode where the Pedal can be used as Igor-replacement and fix the pedal for a special voicing of any of the Rainger FX

:idk: ?
shlomo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: ?Idea?

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:31 am

You mean a multi FX pedal in one mini box? Would be amaaaazing....! Not sure where all the controls would go, but I would seriously love it! :animal:

BTW you can use most regular expression pedals instead of Igor if you use a mini to 1/4" adaptor.

I'd love to make a wah wah..... with a rocker pedal! Somehow... Got to be very usable, very cute...

Phaser/flanger - I'm working on it! I'd love to have one, but I can't get behind 'here's another regular flanger/phaser'. It's got to be something that's new in some way, helps make new sounds/new music. Got any ideas? :idk:

Tremelo - I'm working on it, really hope that's going to be out soon....

The 'bypass, effect mode...' suggestion sounds interesting! Can you elaborate?

Interesting comments - thanks!!!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 am

D-Rainger wrote:
Phaser/flanger - I'm working on it! I'd love to have one, but I can't get behind 'here's another regular flanger/phaser'. It's got to be something that's new in some way, helps make new sounds/new music. Got any ideas? :idk:

I, for one, would :love: a flanger where you can sweep the flanging manually via an expression pedal. :poke:

I don't think that's a very common feature amongst the available flangers. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:51 am

Chankgeez wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:

I, for one, would :love: a flanger where you can sweep the flanging manually via an expression pedal. :poke:

I don't think that's a very common feature amongst the available flangers. :idk:

looking at the Echo-X, even just a normal flanger setup where the pressure pad can tweak the feedback or rate or depth would be super wacky and unique.
or maybe a comb filter/resonant echo where Igor can do a momentary delay time shift to make flange sweeps?
goddamn, i'd buy any of that.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shlomo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 pm

...you have created a real unique design, specially with your Mini-Pedals and to continue the Spirit it would be great to have Igors Big Brother around.
This Brother (-s and sisters) could be either a "Multi-FX-Pedal" (but i'm not a friend of usual digital Multi-FX, Rainger FX, Dwarf&Air Space Invader are my first "non"-vintage pedals, because i love the way of the behaviour of these pedals) or you could create a new series of Freakenstein FX-Pedals. But i think at least a crazy sounding whahwah could also be equipped with Tremolo (and/or) Phaser (and/or) Flanger (and or Phaser) - the other Ideas came out, while i thought once you get into signal modulation it might he possible to create a unite which unifies these functions but isn't as ugly as a Digitech, Boss. And all the Switches an Potis you might need to adjust it could be in the side or on the front.
I love your Air Space Invader and think the idea with a seesaw on your Minipedals would be a great attraction-factor for the "small-pedalboard-series ;-)
In Bypass-Mode it is either a real Bypass-Mode or you could choose to use as Expression Pedal for Dwarf Or Air Space Invader or Other FX -> i imagine this would give more expression and control as Igor!?
If nothing of this works, trust me, just built a volume-Pedal with the Design of Rainger FX and there would be People who will buy it ;-)
I work on for the special sound request...maybe kind of a "freezing" Point were the Signal is "shifted", detuned or kind of wobbling effect?
shlomo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D-Rainger » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:12 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:

looking at the Echo-X, even just a normal flanger setup where the pressure pad can tweak the feedback or rate or depth would be super wacky and unique.
or maybe a comb filter/resonant echo where Igor can do a momentary delay time shift to make flange sweeps?

Likin' all of that....
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby D-Rainger » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:16 pm

shlomo wrote:...you have created a real unique design, specially with your Mini-Pedals and to continue the Spirit it would be great to have Igors Big Brother around.
This Brother (-s and sisters) could be either a "Multi-FX-Pedal" (but i'm not a friend of usual digital Multi-FX, Rainger FX, Dwarf&Air Space Invader are my first "non"-vintage pedals, because i love the way of the behaviour of these pedals) or you could create a new series of Freakenstein FX-Pedals. But i think at least a crazy sounding whahwah could also be equipped with Tremolo (and/or) Phaser (and/or) Flanger (and or Phaser) - the other Ideas came out, while i thought once you get into signal modulation it might he possible to create a unite which unifies these functions but isn't as ugly as a Digitech, Boss. And all the Switches an Potis you might need to adjust it could be in the side or on the front.
I love your Air Space Invader and think the idea with a seesaw on your Minipedals would be a great attraction-factor for the "small-pedalboard-series ;-)
In Bypass-Mode it is either a real Bypass-Mode or you could choose to use as Expression Pedal for Dwarf Or Air Space Invader or Other FX -> i imagine this would give more expression and control as Igor!?
If nothing of this works, trust me, just built a volume-Pedal with the Design of Rainger FX and there would be People who will buy it ;-)
I work on for the special sound request...maybe kind of a "freezing" Point were the Signal is "shifted", detuned or kind of wobbling effect?

Actually we're about to bring out the Dwarf Bass, which does have an LFO built in to work the Freakenstein 'overtone'.... Sound like an enormous phaser :animal: :!!!:

I would totally love to do a cute little seesaw pedal!

What do you mean by the 'bypass-Mode' etc?
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby shlomo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:50 pm

D-Rainger wrote:I would totally love to do a cute little seesaw pedal!

:hug: this is what i want to hear :yay:

D-Rainger wrote:What do you mean by the 'bypass-Mode' etc?

My english is not very pretty ;-)
As i described, at least two/three Modes (?):
True Bypass in which you could use the seesaw as Expression-Replacement for Dwarf, Air Space Invader or Echo-X (if one of these is activated)
-Effectmode (Panacea with Wah, Phaser, Flanger or whatever, cool if suitable in one case even cool if you plan to make a new Seesaw-Series)
- third Mode could be a simple but efficient Volume-Mode (Cool for Manual Tremolo)

backwardsvoyager wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:

:thumb:
shlomo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D-Rainger » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:40 pm

I see - so the seesaw could control all kinds of mixing? Volume, expression, plus also have possible phaser capability in it...
Well, that would be amazing!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby shlomo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:57 am

:!!!:
shlomo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby shlomo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:45 pm

...maybe the fv-1 semiconductor chip would be helpful for this!?
shlomo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby sylnau » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:

Listen to what Chank said. :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D-Rainger » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:39 am

sylnau wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:

Listen to what Chank said. :thumb:

Yeah - it's got to have that facility, I agree.

Out of the blue I found myself thinking about modulation effects the other day. Surprised myself....
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Envelope controlled flanging is nice too. Not a feature you see too often. It was one of my favorite things about the SubDecay Starlight DLX.

I think flangers are difficult to get sounding "right". A lot of them aren't warm enough for me.

Build a great sounding flanger with a few tricks up its sleeve and it should have some appeal to the pedal buying masses. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D-Rainger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:40 am

Chankgeez wrote:Envelope controlled flanging is nice too. Not a feature you see too often. It was one of my favorite things about the SubDecay Starlight DLX.

I think flangers are difficult to get sounding "right". A lot of them aren't warm enough for me.

Build a great sounding flanger with a few tricks up its sleeve and it should have some appeal to the pedal buying masses. :idk:

Yes I think so!
'Warm enough'.... That's interesting... Often to me the extemely fast echo repeats (that's what's going on) sound a bit metallic - is that what you mean? A warm flanger sounds like a great idea....
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to Rainger FX