= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby tedm » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi fuzz folks, glad to be here. I've played guitar for a few decades, but never got good, but enjoy playing weekly for fun and self expression. I've been on other forums, some for a long time, but being off of them for awhile has been a good thing too. Over the years, I've probably had well over 100 pedals, and maybe 30 or 40 in the fuzz category. Look forward to reading here and learning things from folks here.
tedm

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby pepsfuzz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Another newbie here, well, I actually had account since 2009 but I cant remember my username, email, and there is no f way I remember the password. That said, I had to create another account. Yes, it took me all these years, but I'm not really a forum person. I only post in one forum, where I go by 'Peps', but the fuzz selection is very limited so it's time to find a new 'club'. I started as a drummer, and took the guitar during high school to cover one of my band-mates and since then, I haven't let it go. I gotta admit tho, I don't know what 'clean' tone means lol. I consider myself a hardcore fuzz junkie, and I've been collecting pedals since the late 80s. Peace and FUZZ ON!
There is no such thing as having too many fuzzes.
pepsfuzz

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:41 pm

:hello:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby adamajah » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 pm

pepsfuzz wrote:Another newbie here, well, I actually had account since 2009 but I cant remember my username, email, and there is no f way I remember the password. That said, I had to create another account. Yes, it took me all these years, but I'm not really a forum person. I only post in one forum, where I go by 'Peps', but the fuzz selection is very limited so it's time to find a new 'club'. I started as a drummer, and took the guitar during high school to cover one of my band-mates and since then, I haven't let it go. I gotta admit tho, I don't know what 'clean' tone means lol. I consider myself a hardcore fuzz junkie, and I've been collecting pedals since the late 80s. Peace and FUZZ ON!

Welcome fuzzbreaux Peps!
It's ok if you're not really a forum person because this isn't really a forum forum
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby pepsfuzz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:50 pm

adamajah wrote:
pepsfuzz wrote:Another newbie here, well, I actually had account since 2009 but I cant remember my username, email, and there is no f way I remember the password. That said, I had to create another account. Yes, it took me all these years, but I'm not really a forum person. I only post in one forum, where I go by 'Peps', but the fuzz selection is very limited so it's time to find a new 'club'. I started as a drummer, and took the guitar during high school to cover one of my band-mates and since then, I haven't let it go. I gotta admit tho, I don't know what 'clean' tone means lol. I consider myself a hardcore fuzz junkie, and I've been collecting pedals since the late 80s. Peace and FUZZ ON!

Welcome fuzzbreaux Peps!
It's ok if you're not really a forum person because this isn't really a forum forum

Thank you bro! That sounds good to me. Still trying to figure out how to navigate and use it lol
There is no such thing as having too many fuzzes.
pepsfuzz

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 pm

:hello: Welcome! It's pretty simple once you know your way around.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby zucchinisurprise » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:09 am

Hey hey hey, new to the forums but some of you might know me from Discord or Reddit. I'm Tristan, I've been playing music my whole life but I've only been playing guitar for about 3 years now. I started as a pianist, and then moved to drums and guitar when I got tired of classical music and wanted to be loud. Now I play doom like everyone and their mother, and am an unabashed fuzz lover to the core. I've got a few neat pedals too, nothing too crazy but I love em. Not really much of a forum person but I figured I'd give this a shot. :)
zucchinisurprise

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 am

Hello hello! Being loud is fun
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:28 am

zucchinisurprise wrote:Hey hey hey, new to the forums but some of you might know me from Discord or Reddit. I'm Tristan, I've been playing music my whole life but I've only been playing guitar for about 3 years now. I started as a pianist, and then moved to drums and guitar when I got tired of classical music and wanted to be loud. Now I play doom like everyone and their mother, and am an unabashed fuzz lover to the core. I've got a few neat pedals too, nothing too crazy but I love em. Not really much of a forum person but I figured I'd give this a shot. :)

Welcome the the forum! What type of pedals (fuzz or otherwise) are you most interested in?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zucchinisurprise » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hello hello! Being loud is fun

Blood_mountain wrote:Welcome the the forum! What type of pedals (fuzz or otherwise) are you most interested in?

Thanks :) I'm definitely into dirt of all kinds but recently I've gotten into more fully-featured delays and anything with tape modulation because wow & flutter are awesome. Also starting to gain interest in "weirder" stuff, though I'm on a tight budget so my exploration has been pretty slow out of necessity. Looking forward to hanging out on the forums!
zucchinisurprise

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 am

Been lurking for a while, just wanted to thank Chankgeez and Fuzzhugger for helping my dumb ass figure out the no I'm not a robot question.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 am

:hello: :hug: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby eyobeez » Sun May 03, 2020 9:33 pm

Hey, people. I'm what one could consider a "rocknroller dude" guitar player, (e.g. AC/DC and Aerosmith and Van Halen and Zeppelin make me an excited boy). But I love all kinds of music. Lately I've been listening to the Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and Wayne Krantz clips on YouTube.

I grew up in a rural area, hung out in the woods a lot. Back home now since the schools (I'm a teacher) have closed. Teaching middle school online has been interesting!

I recently broke up with someone I thought I was going to marry, so things have been exceedingly mindbending lately. Musically I've been working on writing my own lyrics and tunes and finding creative ways to play jazz standards--I secretly want to be Julian Lage and Bill Frisell. I've also started running and Pumpin' Iron every other day. I'm up to five miles!

I play in a couple of bands. It has sucked not being able to rehearse or gig, but the downtime has been nice for writing and playing with my peddles.

I've had some positive interactions and received some good advice here in the past, and I'm excited to continue the Good Vibes.

Thanks for reading!
eyobeez

involved
involved

Postby cosmicevan » Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm

eyobeez wrote:Hey, people. I'm what one could consider a "rocknroller dude" guitar player, (e.g. AC/DC and Aerosmith and Van Halen and Zeppelin make me an excited boy). But I love all kinds of music. Lately I've been listening to the Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and Wayne Krantz clips on YouTube.

I grew up in a rural area, hung out in the woods a lot. Back home now since the schools (I'm a teacher) have closed. Teaching middle school online has been interesting!

I recently broke up with someone I thought I was going to marry, so things have been exceedingly mindbending lately. Musically I've been working on writing my own lyrics and tunes and finding creative ways to play jazz standards--I secretly want to be Julian Lage and Bill Frisell. I've also started running and Pumpin' Iron every other day. I'm up to five miles!

I play in a couple of bands. It has sucked not being able to rehearse or gig, but the downtime has been nice for writing and playing with my peddles.

I've had some positive interactions and received some good advice here in the past, and I'm excited to continue the Good Vibes.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome...though you've been here longer than I :idk:

Strange times indeed, but this place is all :group:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby eyobeez » Sun May 03, 2020 10:09 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
eyobeez wrote:Hey, people. I'm what one could consider a "rocknroller dude" guitar player, (e.g. AC/DC and Aerosmith and Van Halen and Zeppelin make me an excited boy). But I love all kinds of music. Lately I've been listening to the Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and Wayne Krantz clips on YouTube.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome...though you've been here longer than I :idk:

Strange times indeed, but this place is all :group:

Thanks, dude! Glad to be here!
eyobeez

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion