= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby blakestree » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Bass Station II is great...

Welcome to ILF!
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Cajammo » Sun May 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi, all!

I am trying to find the pedal/pedals that were used to create the fuzz tones on "Tighter, Tighter" by Alive and Kicking, and/or "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James...

Can anyone help?
Cajammo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby fcknoise » Tue May 10, 2016 3:19 am

Cajammo wrote:Hi, all!

I am trying to find the pedal/pedals that were used to create the fuzz tones on "Tighter, Tighter" by Alive and Kicking, and/or "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James...

Can anyone help?

Post in the general gear with links to the videos, I'm sure they'll help you :thumb:

Welcome!
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Suspiciousangora » Fri May 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello people. I joined last August and finally decided to come out of the shadows a few weeks ago. I'm from Illinois but moved to a small town west of Madison Wisconsin several years ago. I've been recording music under the monikers Suspicious Angora and Cheap Relative Steel. Just random songs. Anyhow, I'm glad to be here.
Suspiciousangora

interested
interested

Postby dunbine » Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 pm

As per the court mandate, and in obvious breach of the Federal Witness Protection Program, I now stand present as a stranger in a strange noisy land. Yes, more cannon fodder joining the fray. My last recollection is that I'm an unremarkable guitarist, but that may be Southern California's atmospheric contamination speaking. Thanks to everyone for creating this fuzzy sanctuary!

Note to self: next time just say hello.
Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Now this is a good introduction ^
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby midgard » Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 am

Hi everybody,

I am new here, but have been building pedals, amps and noise makers of all kinds for a while now. Lately I've been building really textural fuzz/distortion/synth boxes under the name Midgard Tone Works. I look forward to exchanging ideas and learning how to get better at my craft. Nice to meet you all.
"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves."
midgard

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D.o.S. » Thu May 26, 2016 2:43 pm

FFVII reference??

TEXTURAL SYNTHS?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Excellent. :doom: I've been looking for a pedal powered by its own eternal/internal coal mine fire. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby midgard » Thu May 26, 2016 8:35 pm

D.o.S. wrote:FFVII reference??

TEXTURAL SYNTHS?

As per the FFVII thing, no not a reference to that. I assume you are referring to Midgar from that game. Midgard is the realm we live in, in Norse mythology, some people say it is earth, but I am not sure the idea of a planet is analogous.

Yeah, I just completed an idea based loosely off the crash sync by John Hollis, my version goes into a 4013 dual flip-flop to create some octave down and 2 octave down sounds that get blended in and then the output of those three sections goes into a waveshaper. The most recent version has two different feedback loop/bend points that I feed to a send and return to run additional pedals in for really noisy output.

Here is a simple video of a messy prototype build I did: [youtube]https://youtu.be/ecoVBjkxDrs[/youtube]

Chankgeez wrote:Excellent. :doom: I've been looking for a pedal powered by its own eternal/internal coal mine fire. :snax:

Haha, wasn't expecting anybody to get that reference so quickly!
Last edited by midgard on Thu May 26, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves."
midgard

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D.o.S. » Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 pm

midgard wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:FFVII reference??

TEXTURAL SYNTHS?

Yeah, I just completed an idea based loosely off the crash sync by John Hollis, my version goes into a 4013 dual flip-flop to create some octave down and 2 octave down sounds that get blended in and then the output of those three sections goes into a waveshaper. The most recent version has two different feedback loop/bend points that I feed to a send and return to run additional pedals in for really noisy output.

Here is a simple video of a messy prototype build I did:

Chankgeez wrote:Excellent. :doom: I've been looking for a pedal powered by its own eternal/internal coal mine fire. :snax:

Haha, wasn't expecting anybody to get that reference so quickly!

As if we wouldn't know about the abandoned mining towns of the central east coast.

Fixed your Youtube, and this sounds very, very exciting.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Well, Centralia is located about halfway between where I am (Philly) and FuzzHugger HQ.

Tom and I have talked of having a Fuzz Fest there, but so far it's only been talk. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby midgard » Thu May 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Well, Centralia is located about halfway between where I am (Philly) and FuzzHugger HQ.

Tom and I have talked of having a Fuzz Fest there, but so far it's only been talk. :snax:

You should definitely do that! I am currently actually located on the West Coast, but not sure for how much longer. I miss the area around centralia, there is so much old infrastructure to explore. Really there is no excuse to ever be bored there.
midgard

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 26, 2016 8:54 pm

I still haven't actually been to Centralia.

It would be really fun to have an ILF camping trip somewhere near where Tom is and go on a field trip to Centralia though.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wasamwas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 am

Hi! My name is Brandon, been playing guitar for seven years I think. I'm 20, and I haven't figured out how to turn the amp down yet.

I play in a band called Was/Am/Was, and the music is at wasamwas.bandcamp.com

I'm also trying to start a heavier/noisier band.

Anyway, long time lurker, glad to finally join! I can't wait to talk with all of you. And your pedalboard thread gives me life, for sure.

I play a Fender Jazzmaster, looking for a sick Tele, through a Roland Jazz Chorus and a few (sometimes a bunch) of pedals. Hit me up, let's talk and stuff! :)
wasamwas

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion