= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby jrmy » Sun May 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Errant Tiger wrote:Hey everybody! I'm Aaron. Been playing exclusively acoustic for the last several years but with an impending move out of the city and into the wild - and the accompanying acquisition of a huge basement - I'm starting to think about assembling a psychedelic guitarmy. With that comes a near-total re-think of my electric setup, which is what brings me to ILF, on the advice of my good friend jrmy... Looking forward to mining the knowledge of the ILF hivemind!

Yay! You signed up! :yay:

Aaron is good peeps. Glad to have you onboard, man.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Errant Tiger » Sun May 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks, man! It's good to be here!
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby waltdogg » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Forgot to do this. Heh. My name is Walter. I play beater Gibson Les Paul and a Science Hellhawk. I went to SFSU for audio engineering. Moving back to Oakland this July and building a new studio to record bands in.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby seabrood » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:35 pm

I haven't posted anything since being a member, but I figure I'd do this before I start. My name is Brandon, and I love cool gear. I play a jazzmaster through a peavey supreme (looking for a vt-22 or v-4), and a bunch of dumb pedals. Some of my favorite bands are Slowdive, the Smiths, MBV, Converge, Joshua Fit For Battle, and TWIABP. My band is called JapaneseDeathPoems and I look forward to getting to know you all!
seabrood

interested
interested

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 pm

seabrood wrote:and a bunch of dumb pedals

Welcome! Show us your dumb pedals and we'll show ours! :thumb:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby legbear » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi. My name is Jason. I play a 1979 Epiphone Genesis through a 1967 Fender Bassman. I constantly go through pedals.
legbear

committed
committed

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Hey everybody. I'm Chris and this is my first post. I moved from San Diego, CA to central Wisconsin in january and have been lurking ILF for the BST since I got here cuz the local craigslist isn't doin it for me. I was thinking about listing one of my fuzz pedals for sale this week but making that a first post seems like bad form so here I am.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:32 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Hey everybody. I'm Chris and this is my first post. I moved from San Diego, CA to central Wisconsin in january and have been lurking ILF for the BST since I got here cuz the local craigslist isn't doin it for me. I was thinking about listing one of my fuzz pedals for sale this week but making that a first post seems like bad form so here I am.

Hey bud!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Hey Lord Galver. Never take for granted those 24 hr so cal taco shops. I miss them more every day. I can make new friends but where am I gonna get al pastor tacos at 3AM?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby truth.hz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 am

What's up ILF. I'm Morgan. I live in PDX and have a band that does vaguely surfy math rock, and another one I play drums in. I mostly lurk, but I like to see what's new in the effects scene. I do tons of DIY pedals, and tube gear, but some of the stuff coming out these days has me interested in buying off the shelf for the first time in years.
truth.hz

interested
interested

Postby Paul_C » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Folks!

My name's Paul (no surprise there), I'm a self-employed guitar repairer in the UK, but I'm here because of my love of interesting and weird pedals :)

My current list includes:

Idiotbox - Mad Doctor Stutter (got to love those flashing eyes)
Montreal Assembly - Count To Five
Dr Scientist - Bit Quest!
EQD - Rainbow Machine / Afterneath

and a few more "normal" pedals to do the normal stuff with :)

I'm currently learning as much as I can about what the pedals above can do, and it was a search for other people's settings that brought me here :)

I have mostly been gigging as a bass player, but a recent finger injury has forced me to take some time off from that and spend my time having fun with my pedals.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby FoodoftheFrogs » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 am

Hey, I'm Derek. Have been enjoying this place for a long time. Really dig the vibe here.
Fuzz is one of the few things that make me feel content recently.
I play guitar and bass lamely. Always wanting more fuzz. Have an Iron Pig and a Black Forest coming next. Sounds like a meal.
Ok.
FoodoftheFrogs

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby ThatBliss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am

Hello! I'm Mark, I bash around a guitar and bass. I always seem to have a Big Muff around the place- currently using the Tone Wicker version and liking it most days. I've discovered I quite like fancy effects that are far too expensive and hope you fine gentlemen and ladies can help spend my money on noisy shit I probably don't need.
ThatBliss

interested
interested

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 am

ThatBliss wrote: you fine gentlemen and ladies can help spend my money on noisy shit I probably don't need.

That is the sole purpose of this forum and it's community. :cool:

Welcome aboard :thumb:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Stinkbug » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:53 am

Hi, my name is Joe, I live in New Jersey, have been playing guitar for about 8 years, bass for about 10. Still not amazing at either one haha. I play with my brothers in a punk band called Gator Punch. I joined because this seemed like a gear forum that wasn't populated my pretentious blues lawyers.
Gatorpunch.bandcamp.com
Stinkbug

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion