= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Postby DeathTron » Thu May 24, 2007 6:48 pm

A good Tele can do anything :) Mine got stolen about 3 Months ago it costed me about $1,200. Twas a 50's White Tele w/bigsby.

now I jam on a ESP viper, and I'm getting a Jackson King V Xseries on Saturday.
DeathTron

Postby Soul Power » Sat May 26, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi,

my name's Alex + I live in London (U.K).

I've been playing guitar on/off since 99. Afew years back I really damaged my hand/wrist + have only gotten better within the last year or so. I became an fx pedal junkie by reading issues of Guitarist + Ace former Skunk Anansie guitarist column/s.
Soul Power

involved
involved

Postby Stacco » Sat May 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Soul Power, the DEVIHEADS salute you!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
My solo project of a band featuring me and three quarters of myself: http://www.myspace.com/dotdotdotmmm
Stacco

committed
committed

Postby Soul Power » Tue May 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Stacco wrote:Soul Power, the DEVIHEADS salute you!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I feel the urge to salute back Stacco! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Soul Power

involved
involved

Postby arotothen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Hello!! My name is Aaron, guitarist for Ann Arbor based prog-goof-rock trio Counter Cosby!!!

I'm becoming a certifiable pedal-junkie, but am broke, so window shopping for me until I can figure out a way to make some more money. :mad:

I thought being in an awesome band was supposed to be a glamorous occasion!? No money, NO girls, NO NOTHING!!! :cry:
My band; Counter Cosby!!!
arotothen

interested
interested

Postby diversiondevices » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi I'm Erik

.....and I'm a pedalaholic

I've been playing guitar for almost ten years now. I play in a band called November http://www.myspace.com/novembernashville Just in case you're interested... check it out.

I just got my first e13 pedal the TBD and I'm still trying to unlock the wonderful secrets/noises that it contains.

I tend to buy WAY more distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedals then I'll ever need but I guess thats why I'm here. Love the forum (I've been lurking for awhile now) just wanted to say HELLO!

:wave:
diversiondevices

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby xxForeverFallenxx » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Hey all,

I'm Dan or Forever Fallen ( my long running project name... ) I'm 26 and let me start by saying, music is not what it use to be for me. The dreams of stardom and fame have long sense faded, being replaced by wife,job,house and soon to be born twin boys ( Levi and Devon ) But I will say my appreciation for music has grown greatly, its not about making what fits into a sound or style, but more whatever the hell my mood is. That freedom is great! No bandmates, no clubs, no record labels, just me ( and every once in a while my dog howling at the horible noises I'm creating ) well, that was long winded, sorry DRB
xxForeverFallenxx

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby loop cat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:30 pm

I figure if I’m going to be on the T-shirt, I should do this. Hi :wave:, I’m loopcat. Ya’ll can call me Tyler, if you wish.

I’ve been playing guitar for over 6 years (yikes! You’d think I’d be better by now!), and I’ve recently fallen madly in love with analog effects. I’m trying my best to really think out gear purchases now rather than my old method of walking into Guitar Center and picking up whatever’s cheap, yuck.

I’ve always loved noise. Even when I was a kid, I would sit in the living room with my Casio writing songs with all the non-musical sound effect presets. When I picked up the guitar (well, bass came first, but I soon discovered I was too big of an egomaniac to not shred) I was obsessed with Kurt Cobain, so I bought tons of bad digital distortions to go along with my flanger and chorus pedals, and tried to perfect the anti-solo. I still love my Small Clone and those distortions have a nice place situated in a makeshift feedback loop, but I like to think my tastes in gear and music have evolved for the better since then.

Currently, I’m more into the ambient side of noise, and from time to time downright traditional jazz playing. I’m leaving out a ton but some of my favorite things to listen to are: Sonic Youth, Talking Heads :bob: , The Velvet Underground, Do Make Say Think, GY!BE and damn near everything John Zorn has ever spewed out of that brilliant little head of his.

I totally love the forum. It’s smaller than say, guitar geek, but that size gives it a nice environment, and a hell of a lot less elitism. You guys rule, and so do Devi’s beautiful effects!
loop cat

interested
interested

Postby elwood » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:51 am

first and foremost.........elwood is a punk.

i like electric guitar and abusing good tone. i've always liked stomp boxes of the odd sort and have been packing them away since zappa played sg's.....amps sure are kool too.
however i find acoustic guitars to be bad luck for me.

anywayyyyyyyyyyzzzzz....

huge devi fan and glad to see more "devi-ates" out there.
i own and USE: spectacular SM, synth mangler, more, and torn's peaker plus.
of coarse.....that is until i get my resin stained fingers on the spectacular LP, & spectacular OK...and by then who knows what she has to dazzle the ears.

late.........er

elwood
elwood

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby thetonewrecker » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:05 am

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin..

I'm Paul
Greets and hello from the sometimes snowy, sometimes sunny, but always funny city of Minneapolis, MN.

It's been a fun musical journey so far. Sounds are just too damn interesting to let sit static...thus a hunt for tools to manipulate and create. Started scavenging for machines when I was 13...holy crap that was 22 years ago!

http://www.myspace.com/paulbirken

I'm the odd duck it looks like. No guitar playing here (unless a ukele counts, or stringing rubber bands around an empty ice cream bucket). Somehow in the midst of this hole I call my studio I work/experiment in you'll find a TBD, SM and more recently added Synth Mangler and Disaster Fuzz.
Attachments
Tonewrecker Studio Section A.JPG
(420.35 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Tonewrecker Studio Section B.JPG
(428.55 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
thetonewrecker

committed
committed

Postby zerosum » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm Paul
Greets and hello from the sometimes snowy, sometimes sunny, but always funny city of Minneapolis, MN.

And its raining right now...
Wanna jam?
zerosum

interested
interested

Postby Suilebhain » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Two of our kindred are in Minneapolis. Wow, cool! You two should get together and create spawn through sonic gene splicing.
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:
ALL HAIL BOB!
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:

"...perhaps the way we started to play wasn't as impressive as it was to us, even, wasn't as full of impact as it might have been. I mean, it was done very well rather than considerably exciting. One thinks of it all as a dream." -S. Barrett
Suilebhain

involved
involved

Postby blowtorch » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:18 pm

hi i'm blowtorch and i can't wait to get my DN.
blowtorch

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Roady » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:11 pm

hey all - my names david, im 20, im studying to become a graphic artist / 3D animator, and I play bass and a little bit of guitar (rather badly).
ive been playing bass for a while (on and off for four or so years), but I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time playing around with effects rather than practising my technique.

that said, i'm still an E13/DE pedal virgin, but when I next get a bit of cash its going on the Shoe Gazer straight away :D

my favourite bands are my bloody valentine, pearl jam, sleater-kinney, sonic youth, smashing pumpkins, kyuss, and pixies, but there are so many bands I like if I were to list them id be here forever...

:>
Roady

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby mick blowe » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:49 pm

My member name is mick blowe. I've been playing for 75 years, I also sing and do voice-overs. My main band is the Most Dangerous Race.

I own about 40 pedals.
mick blowe

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion