= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 am

i feel ya on the paperwork. glad I got out when i did.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:20 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby TrogdorMan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm

^ Hey, you put that video up the same night I joined the forum... coincidence? I have no idea but I'm thinking no.

Hello, my name is a name that I am not going to tell you, instead you can refer to me by my username, though I would prefer that you take out the "Man" becuase I don't really like that part, it's just a name I've used on the internet for a little while.
Anyways, I am almost 18 years old and this probably makes me the baby in comparison to everyone else here, which is fine by me I guess.
I've been playing the guitar for about... umm... oh wow, I guess it's been 7 years, or at least almost 7 years.
I'm a big fan of noisemaking and of course, I love fuzz, though I don't use it as often as I probably should.
My favorite band at the moment is probably Sonic Youth and has been for a couple years now, I especially like the stuff they released during the 80s, but all of it is good in my opinion. Other bands I like: Mudhoney, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age, Slowdive, the Ramones, Black Sabbath, Dinosaur Jr., pre-Rollins Black Flag, Electric Wizard (kind of), and various others I don't feel like mentioning.
I have too many guitars for my age, honestly... I've got a MIM Strat, a Baja Tele, an SG Special faded, an early 80s Alvarez Acoustic my dad used to own (so thus I got it for free) one of those cheap Laguna electric guitars (my friend gave it to me, so that one was free too) which I have covered in stickers and other things that I've taped on it and tuned to a Sonic Youth tuning (F#-F#-F#-F#-E-B). I am not currently in a band, and I've never really been in what I consider to be an "actual" band, but I really want to be in a band, it's tough finding other people with similar musical interests in the area I live in, if I lived closer to the city it probably wouldn't be as bad.
Well I think that's all I have to say then.
Things I want and do not have: A decent microphone for my amp, someone/something to play drums for me, and most of the things I see on this forum.

TrogdorMan

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

No such thing as a coincidence. Just a little anticipatoryesque welcome there (as long as there's no burninating the countryside).
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PetZounds » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:52 pm

TrogdorMan wrote:My favorite band at the moment is probably Sonic Youth and has been for a couple years now, I especially like the stuff they released during the 80s, but all of it is good in my opinion. Other bands I like: Mudhoney, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age, Slowdive, the Ramones, Black Sabbath, Dinosaur Jr., pre-Rollins Black Flag, Electric Wizard (kind of), and various others I don't feel like mentioning. .

Favorite Nirvana album?

Also, I remember the pains of living back in Montgomery, Texas and having very few people to jam with.
Moving to a college town helped a lot.
PetZounds

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby TrogdorMan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 pm

PetZounds wrote:
TrogdorMan wrote:My favorite band at the moment is probably Sonic Youth and has been for a couple years now, I especially like the stuff they released during the 80s, but all of it is good in my opinion. Other bands I like: Mudhoney, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age, Slowdive, the Ramones, Black Sabbath, Dinosaur Jr., pre-Rollins Black Flag, Electric Wizard (kind of), and various others I don't feel like mentioning. .

Favorite Nirvana album?

Also, I remember the pains of living back in Montgomery, Texas and having very few people to jam with.
Moving to a college town helped a lot.

My favorite Nirvana album would probably be Bleach becuase of the raw sound and the songs are somewhat hard to listen to for some people (ie Negative Creep and Paper Cuts), which is right up my alley, not to mention there's that first track, Blew, that's in Drop C which is a great bluesy/sludgey kind of song. I had a friend in middle school who was the one who got me into Nirvana and heavier music in general (Before that I listened to classic rock for the most part and before that I didn't really think to much about music, I just kind of listened to whatever was on the radio) and I remember the day he brought over his Bleach CD and played the first song. It was an amazing feeling. He played guitar too and we used to goof around because we hadn't quite learned how to actually play anything yet, but those days are gone, at least for now. Good talking to you!
Things I want and do not have: A decent microphone for my amp, someone/something to play drums for me, and most of the things I see on this forum.

TrogdorMan

interested
interested

Postby PetZounds » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Bleach is the only correct answer as far as I'm concerned.
You pass my test, you have good taste. :thumb:
Good to have you here. :hello:
PetZounds

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby TrogdorMan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:24 am

PetZounds wrote:Bleach is the only correct answer as far as I'm concerned.
You pass my test, you have good taste. :thumb:
Good to have you here. :hello:

Haha. It's a good thing I didn't say "and maybe In Utero" like I was considering before thinking harder about it.

It's good to be here! :joy:

TrogdorMan

interested
interested

Postby sonidero » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 am

TrogdorMan wrote:I am almost 18 years old. My favorite band at the moment is probably Sonic Youth and has been for a couple years now, I especially like the stuff they released during the 80s, but all of it is good in my opinion.

TrogdorMan wrote:My favorite Nirvana album would probably be Bleach.

Son???
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TrogdorMan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:17 am

sonidero wrote:
TrogdorMan wrote:I am almost 18 years old. My favorite band at the moment is probably Sonic Youth and has been for a couple years now, I especially like the stuff they released during the 80s, but all of it is good in my opinion.

Son???

:eek: Eh, what? My dad would never be cool enough to join a website like this. He doesn't even own a fuzz pedal... If you were my dad, couldn't you just call me up on the phone and ask if it was me? You can't be my dad... my dad doesn't live in South Austin, he does live in the Austin area... Hmmm... I know! If you were my dad you'd be able to answer this question: What is my middle name?

TrogdorMan

interested
interested

Postby PetZounds » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:14 pm

TrogdorMan wrote:
sonidero wrote:

Son???

:eek: Eh, what? My dad would never be cool enough to join a website like this. He doesn't even own a fuzz pedal... If you were my dad, couldn't you just call me up on the phone and ask if it was me? You can't be my dad... my dad doesn't live in South Austin, he does live in the Austin area... Hmmm... I know! If you were my dad you'd be able to answer this question: What is my middle name?

Trogdor Young Man
You dropped the Young when you turned 18.
PetZounds

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby onkelkeks » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi you sweeties :hug:

im Dennis from germany near munich. I obviously love fuzz, i think its because of electric wizard and fu manchu...
currently im living in a world made of the sounds of the floyd and others alike. I'm trying to find ''the sound'' for myself, thats what made me sign in here. (And maybe i need help looking for a polyvoiced sound?...)

:rock:
onkelkeks

interested
interested

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:31 pm

sonidero wrote:

Son???

Incesticide is an awesome album too. Great album for long car rides. Really pumps me up though it has got me a few speeding tickets. :facepalm:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby monty » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello everyone. Monty here. I represent the EMB Pedal Wah by Ampli-Fier. I've been a guitar nut for 20 years now and currently based out of Las Vegas. I love all kinds of pedals although wah and overdrive are my favorite. My board currently consists of various Dunlop Wahs, EMB Audio Wahs, EMB Pedal Wahs, and 2 Klons, haha.

If anyone is interested in the EMB Pedal Wah feel free to ask me questions =) Cheers!
monty

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:52 pm

monty wrote:... I love all kinds of pedals although wah and overdrive are my favorite.

Might I suggest building a product called the "Whoaverdrive"? :whoa:

A combination wah + overdrive.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion