= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Pentametre » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello everyone!
I've lurked here for some time now, gathering intel on fuzzes and such and snickering at your irreverent conversations. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to pedals; always just used amp gain in the past, and nowadays only record DI due to apartment dwelling. But, I have been discovering the kind of gainier tones I want can only be had through pedals, having demoed and re-demoed every amp VST over the years. And here I am!
Pentametre

interested
interested

Postby CyaNitrate » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:36 pm

I joined a long time ago but never really posted or introduced myself. I started playing guitar when I was 13, and it was all high gain distortion all the time; heavy metal and humbuckers. Now I've grown to really appreciate clean tones and how it can be a blank canvas for splattering with fuzz. I play a tele and a strat into a '79 Vibrolux, which is funny because for the longest time I hate all things Fender, especially Strats.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Postby scars_prime » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi!
I'm from France and in love with dirt boxes, delay, reverb, offset guitars and analog synths.
In my setup, you could find stuff from Iron Ether, Dwarfcraft Devices, Devi Ever, Smallsound/Bigsound and EarthQuaker Devices.
I guess that won't be very shocking here. ;)

See you!
scars_prime

interested
interested

Postby afterosmosis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:47 am

Newb here, I've lurked for a while after growing more and more tired of TGP land. I'm starting to pick up some more unusual effects for the next AO record, and I've already found some great new builders in my time here.
afterosmosis

interested
interested

Postby Pepe » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Nice avatar! It looks like a mix of the album covers of Kraftwerk's "Electric Cafe" and Coldplay's "A Rush Of Blood To The Head".

I just listened to your tracks of the "After Osmosis EP". They sound really good. Not exactly my cup of tea, but very well done! :thumb:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby afterosmosis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Pepe wrote:Nice avatar! It looks like a mix of the album covers of Kraftwerk's "Electric Cafe" and Coldplay's "A Rush Of Blood To The Head".

I just listened to your tracks of the "After Osmosis EP". They sound really good. Not exactly my cup of tea, but very well done! :thumb:

Thanks for taking time to listen :)
afterosmosis

interested
interested

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Your EP is great sounding! I'd order a big 'ol cup of that tea. Digging the atmosphere! Welcome. :hello:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:58 am

Welcome new guys, to the Wild West of gear forums. Don't be an asshole and just about anything goes. :) I hope You find this place fuzzy and crazy and enjoy the company.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby untilshewokeme » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:55 am

Hey!

Bassist from Connecticut. Same username as TB. Just started my decent into the effects worm hole and constantly looking for knowledge.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello.

I've been checking this place out on and off for a while now and thought it was about time I posted. I've got a neat little collection of pedals out here in Los Angeles that can't cover up my terrible guitar playing.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby donaldcrunk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:49 am

hi! i've been lurking here for a while. i'm a modular synth nerd who also dabbles in a few other instruments, and i love fuzz also! i like the attitude of this form
donaldcrunk

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 am

donaldcrunk wrote:hi! i've been lurking here for a while. i'm a modular synth nerd who also dabbles in a few other instruments, and i love fuzz also! i like the attitude of this form

That's one fine nickname you've chosen! Sounds to me like you'll fit right in. :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby donaldcrunk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:44 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
donaldcrunk wrote:hi! i've been lurking here for a while. i'm a modular synth nerd who also dabbles in a few other instruments, and i love fuzz also! i like the attitude of this form

That's one fine nickname you've chosen! Sounds to me like you'll fit right in. :thumb:

hah, thanks! i try not to take the 'persona' part of music too seriously. I appreciate the welcome!
donaldcrunk

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby carrythezero » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32 am

Hi there. New England bedroom guitarist. Found this forum after pedal obsession took hold a few months back. Thank god, I loathe TGP.
carrythezero

interested
interested

Postby carrythezero » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 am

CyaNitrate wrote:I joined a long time ago but never really posted or introduced myself. I started playing guitar when I was 13, and it was all high gain distortion all the time; heavy metal and humbuckers. Now I've grown to really appreciate clean tones and how it can be a blank canvas for splattering with fuzz. I play a tele and a strat into a '79 Vibrolux, which is funny because for the longest time I hate all things Fender, especially Strats.

Nice pickguard in your avatar. Is that DIY?
carrythezero

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion