ILF Anime Thread OK321LETSJAMBADABADABADABADABAAAAH!!!!!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ILF Anime Thread OK321LETSJAMBADABADABADABADABAAAAH!!!!!

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Eivind August wrote:
vidret wrote:finally started watching monster. people said it started slow, i think it was interesting right off the bat.

Right? I think it draws you in from the start. But then again, I'm not that into high-school drama magic chosen hero blast apocalypse force. :idk:

They have a word for that, it's called Shounen.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Mine's better. :p
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby friendship » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm looking for an anime I saw in the late 90s, came out possibly around 1998 or 1999. I forget what it was about; some cliche about a super powered emotionless dude and some fucked up giant gore monsters. Anyway, the thing that sticks out is the main dude looked like a Sephiroth rip-off; long silver hair and a black trench coat or some shit. It was a pretty short one-off I think. Does anyone remember this one?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:38 pm

that sounds dope, looked through the old OVA's i've watched and couldn't really remember anything like that so i guess i've never seen it..

in other news all the half decent anime shitposting pages have been overrun with fucking overwatch memes and i want to kill myself.
time to finally ditch all forms of social media, i think.

now that this season is pretty much done, stuff i thought was good: tonkatsu DJ agetarou, tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge, flying witch, kiznaiver, re: zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu... nothing absolutely amazing though
next season will probably be the last time i bother trying out lots of stuff, expectations are very low but at least there's shokugeki no souma.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:53 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:now that this season is pretty much done, stuff i thought was good: tonkatsu DJ agetarou, tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge, flying witch, kiznaiver, re: zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu... nothing absolutely amazing though
next season will probably be the last time i bother trying out lots of stuff, expectations are very low but at least there's shokugeki no souma.

Adding this to my queue.
Flying Witch has been my life blood. I need more low-impact, day-to-day silliness shows.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 am

Started watching Fullmetal Alchemists: Brotherhood two days ago. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:28 am

Oh man I didn't realize Orange is getting an anime adaptation, I'm going to watch the shit out of that because the manga was fantastic.

New Love Live, Arslan Senki, and another baseball anime. Glad I took a season long break.

Also Koe no Katachi is getting a movie which I can only hope is good.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 am

Soooo, I found Robotech on Amazon and I just finished the first season/series (36 half-hour episodes) in two days.
And I just found out that there are, apparently, plans for Sony to make a film.

I used to go to the library when I was a kid and get a DVD that was something like 3-5 episodes every week.
This is the kind of shit I live for.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 pm

friendship wrote:I'm looking for an anime I saw in the late 90s, came out possibly around 1998 or 1999. I forget what it was about; some cliche about a super powered emotionless dude and some fucked up giant gore monsters. Anyway, the thing that sticks out is the main dude looked like a Sephiroth rip-off; long silver hair and a black trench coat or some shit. It was a pretty short one-off I think. Does anyone remember this one?

Hellsing or Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, perhaps? (Though the Hellsing color scheme doesn't perfectly match the description, and the Vampire Hunter D movie in question was a bit later).

I've actually been on an anime hiatus and binge watching Star Trek: Enterprise and Voyager series while packing to move. I need to finish anime from the Spring season once I'm settled in CT. :picard:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:45 pm

fuck, sometimes it feels like i'm the only one who still wastes like 25% of their time watching this shit

Strange Tales wrote:Oh man I didn't realize Orange is getting an anime adaptation, I'm going to watch the shit out of that because the manga was fantastic.

New Love Live, Arslan Senki, and another baseball anime. Glad I took a season long break.

Also Koe no Katachi is getting a movie which I can only hope is good.

Orange and Love Live have been alright so far IMO.

also Souma, and Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan (4min short airing every day) are keeping me pretty happy.

i had low expectations for the new Danganronpa anime but the scale of it is pretty impressive. the first episode of Mirai-hen was sweet, but then Zetsubou-hen was kind of lame, probably cos a few characters from SDR2 are super fucking annoying. i'll at least watch it for Chiaki though. i'm really glad i played all 3 games without touching the first anime before this.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Sort of debating watching the anime cause I haven't played the second game yet.

New Love Live is Love Live so it's great. I read Orange prior to the show so I'm just watching to see it animated. It is a great manga though.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 pm

definitely play the second game first if you're gonna watch it (it's just as good as the first one IMO); since they're simultaneously airing its sequel and prequel that would be way too confusing otherwise, and Super Danganronpa 2 itself isn't getting an anime adaptation.

love live is worth it just for the facial expressions tbh
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:08 am

LOVE LIVE IS WORTH IT BECAUSE ITS LOVE LIVE. HAIL YOUR IDOL OVERLORDS.

Oh yea, so I thought at some point one of the animes airing would be Danganronpa 2, but looks like this is all original stuff. PASS.

You watching 91 Days at all? I'm a sucker for drama mafia shit anyway so I like it.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:25 am

Strange Tales wrote:You watching 91 Days at all? I'm a sucker for drama mafia shit anyway so I like it.

i'm kind of burned out on mafia shit so it didn't really grab me, figured i'd wait til it's over and try again if it turns out being really good.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:09 am

Not strictly Anime related, but I saw Anno's Godzilla. Only knowing very basic Japanese and watching without subtitles, I can say that the movie was great even if it blatantly rip off Evangelion's Soundtrack in a couple places.

Godzilla's first appearance is fucking insane.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion