ILF Anime Thread OK321LETSJAMBADABADABADABADABAAAAH!!!!!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ILF Anime Thread OK321LETSJAMBADABADABADABADABAAAAH!!!!!

Postby Strange Tales » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 am

I really can't stand the english title for Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi being Erased. I don't know who, what, how it became that but it's so mind-numbingly stupid it brings me intense pain. Shit, my Japanese isn't the best and I usually don't care when it comes to translations, but that one is bad. Why the fuck couldn't they just go with "The Town Without Me", you know, the fucking translation for the manga name.

Fuck.

Manga had a pretty good ending though.

Also, feel free to shit on shows at your leisure. I don't actually care what people watch but if what your watching is shit yea it's shit. Hell until about a year ago I just couldn't stop moe shit.

Except for Tamayura, Tamayura is a miracle of life itself. My friend in Japan loves that anime and he described it as "true Japanese emo(tional)."
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu May 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Strange Tales wrote:I really can't stand the english title for Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi being Erased. I don't know who, what, how it became that but it's so mind-numbingly stupid it brings me intense pain. Shit, my Japanese isn't the best and I usually don't care when it comes to translations, but that one is bad. Why the fuck couldn't they just go with "The Town Without Me", you know, the fucking translation for the manga name.

Fuck.

Also, feel free to shit on shows at your leisure. I don't actually care what people watch but if what your watching is shit yea it's shit. Hell until about a year ago I just couldn't stop moe shit.

Except for Tamayura, Tamayura is a miracle of life itself. My friend in Japan loves that anime and he described it as "true Japanese emo(tional)."

yeah, that was a fucking disaster of a title. generally i only cringe at translations when they throw in american or english sayings to try and draw some kind of arguably non-existent cultural parallel to make it easier to understand, but that was some next-level facepalm.
the manga ending was good, i read all that as a fan translation so it was kind of messy but at least the translation made sense.

tbh here i'm honestly just glad that nobody talks about One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail etc.
i watch a lot of shit shows when they're airing because i like to just switch my brain off when i'm taking a study break or whatever. i should probably just stop bothering and watch Gintama or Urusei Yatsura or something else with a million episodes, though.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:05 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:Stuff like Zvezda, Black Bullet, Charlotte and a few others were shows i definitely liked but they got that sort of abrupt ending or shitty pacing towards the end that's so common nowadays.

I am beginning to think that Anime no longer has endings for the most part that actually involve some form of resolution, though this may be the result of financial factors and studios not knowing if the next season will be greenlighted.

Strange Tales wrote:I really can't stand the english title for Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi being Erased. I don't know who, what, how it became that but it's so mind-numbingly stupid it brings me intense pain. Shit, my Japanese isn't the best and I usually don't care when it comes to translations, but that one is bad. Why the fuck couldn't they just go with "The Town Without Me", you know, the fucking translation for the manga name.

Fuck.

Wow and a total third molar suck re: Erased. Sometimes Anime titles seem too long IMO, but such drastic simplification for western marketing purposes did not seem warranted. I wonder if the original creator was in agreement.

Unless there is a darker theme incorporated with moe, I tend to lose interest. I actually tried to watch School-Live! a few seasons ago thinking it would evolve in a similar manner to Puela Magi Madoka Magica and was gravely disappointed and unable to continue after 3 or so episodes.

backwardsvoyager wrote:tbh here i'm honestly just glad that nobody talks about One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail etc.
i watch a lot of shit shows when they're airing because i like to just switch my brain off when i'm taking a study break or whatever. i should probably just stop bothering and watch Gintama or Urusei Yatsura or something else with a million episodes, though.

Gintama may not actually be too horrid for a seasoned anime fan. Many of the jokes are culturally esoteric and likely incomprehensible to most western viewers ... and then there's the body humor. :poke:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 am

Don't you dare talk shit about Gakkou Gurashi. DONT YOU FUCKING DARE.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 am

Strange Tales wrote:Don't you dare talk shit about Gakkou Gurashi. DONT YOU FUCKING DARE.

:lol: I dropped that like 4 episodes in or something, which is before it apparently got interesting.
even if it did, Yuki was fucking unbearable. i'm not sure if i've ever wanted a character to die that hard. nobody can be such a whiny moron without totally ruining a show.

speaking of unbearable characters, i was pretty keen to watch Mayoiga seeing as it's the same dude that directed Another, but there's like 30 main characters that never shut up and they're barely even killing them off.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 27, 2016 9:10 am

I just really like the manga and the show. Can't explain it. Finally picked up volume 7 and all the anthology comics as well while I was over there. God a cute as fuck Takeya Yuki keychain as well. Ebisuzawa Kurumi is a goddess.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Don't you dare talk shit about Gakkou Gurashi. DONT YOU FUCKING DARE.

There's moe and domo moe, the latter of which induces an emetic reaction (for me at least ... though I did willingly watch both volumes of Clannad from start to finish many moons ago). I have to admit the premise and certain aspects of the character designs in School-Live! caught my eye when surveying possible cue options during the season it was released ... I'll give it that. :idk:

backwardsvoyager wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:speaking of unbearable characters, i was pretty keen to watch Mayoiga seeing as it's the same dude that directed Another, but there's like 30 main characters that never shut up and they're barely even killing them off.

Not sure how much more of the Lost Village I can tolerate for that very reason. It seemed intriguing the first few episodes, then took an M. Night Shamalamadingdong twisty turn for the worse followed by incessant, indecisive whining. Much like the characters I'm complaining about, I'll give it at least one more episode before making a final decision.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Sat May 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Two episodes into Flying Witch and I am going to love this series.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Moustache_Bash » Sun May 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Anyone watching Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou? It's good.

No fuzz, but it has to do with music. Definitely my favorite this season.
Moustache_Bash

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun May 29, 2016 3:28 pm

:hello:
yeah that one really took me by surprise, so good.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:08 am

:idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 pm

THE BACKGROUND AND SKELETONS LOOK SO COOL.

EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS LIKE TOTAL SHIT.

ACTUALLY NO IN BETWEEN.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:11 pm

I hate most 3d animation that tries to pass as 2D, only time I've seen it work was in Ghost in the Shell, and that's only because the tachikoma's movements were already robotic.

...I'm currently reading the manga though, so I'll watch it once I'm up to speed. :facepalm:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby resincum » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:55 pm

any dragon ball super love? omg I started on the latest episode cause I didn't know wtf it was and HOLY SHIIIT it's everything I ever wanted dragon ball to be. so epic.

still looking for something similar to genocyber!!
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

vidret wrote:finally started watching monster. people said it started slow, i think it was interesting right off the bat.

Right? I think it draws you in from the start. But then again, I'm not that into high-school drama magic chosen hero blast apocalypse force. :idk:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion