Trade Gone Wrong - Advice pls!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Trade Gone Wrong - Advice pls!

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:57 pm

So, I have had a pedal trade go poorly due to Canada Post/USPS losing the pedal I sent. I am just in the process of working out the claim with CP now. It was insured, I have all the proper receipts and documents and stuff, so that should be fine. I have fortunately never had to deal with this type of situation before, but of course that means I’m not sure what next steps should be.

Should I just PayPal the other trader with the cash equivalent? Of the pedal I sent, or of the pedal I received?

I want to make sure I can make this as right as possible for the other party.

Any thoughts and advice appreciated!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Trade Gone Wrong - Advice pls!

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Have you asked the person you traded with what they think about the situation?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:19 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Have you asked the person you traded with what they think about the situation?

The trade was over Reddit, and we’ve been in pretty frequent contact, but I only just asked the question about resolving the situation. I haven’t heard back from him yet.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:23 pm

:thumb: I'd probably just come to terms with him about what the pedal he sent is worth and PayPal him that amount (if it seems reasonable to you).
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby morange » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Yeah I guess I would offer to either send them back their pedal or a certain amount of money (look up the value and decide what to offer, so you don't have a back and forth about it). Either way, they're back where they started. Paying to send it back to them is kind of a waste I guess (you'd be mailing it across the border?), but if they prefer that I would do it. Then you have to deal with getting the insured value of the pedal from the carrier, which may suck - keep us posted!

Even though it is your responsibility that the pedal you sent was lost, it's not your fault. You just have to give them back what's theirs (or the value if you both prefer that). It sucks for both parties that this happened. What I mean here is that they may not be happy even after you do all of the above, in which case don't do more in the attempt to make them happy.

Probably also worth suggesting that you require a signature for delivery if you send their pedal back to them.
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:36 pm

We ended up agreeing that I would just paypal the amount it would cost for him to buy the pedal I sent to him if he so wishes, or to just put that money towards something different and awesome. Some people are super chill to trade with and I greatly appreciate that! Hopefully Canada Post doesn't screw me now!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Nice to hear it was amicably resolved. :thumb: Good luck w/ the lost pedal.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Nice to hear it was amicably resolved. :thumb: Good luck w/ the lost pedal.

Thanks pal!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 pm

I came in here ready to suggest violence, so, I’m glad that got sorted out peacefully

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sutarappa » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 am

Right on with chill humans. One of my qualifiers for violence is if a party soaks up yearrrsss worth of air conditioning for which they do not have to PAY...
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:43 pm

sutarappa wrote:Right on with chill humans. One of my qualifiers for violence is if a party soaks up yearrrsss worth of air conditioning for which they do not have to PAY...

yes this is a thing :mad: where is the steel hanky of Politenessman in our time of need? (or is that hankie?)

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Discussion