Effects Pedal Christmas lights

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Effects Pedal Christmas lights

Postby T.U. & T.V. » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:35 pm

Hey Dandolin - Eurorack, nah I have not caught that wave as it is hard to find any of that gear at the op-shop here. Way to pricey but I do really enjoy what I have seen and listen to online. I did visit that site where you can piece together a rack and tweak online, like before you buy the physical gear. That is such a breath of freshness.

As far as the MXR EQ pedal goes, you have a point. . . I have a hang-up though as I own a Source Audio EQ2 and well the physical pedal sets the bar for me. Not as in lights, as you said. SO, yes we sure do need an EQ pedal on the Xmas lights chain. MXR 10 band EQ it is :0) I just wish it has presets and the sliders moved with the presets but we can make that happen on the light chain, I am sure of it.

T.U. & T.V.

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:41 pm

:lol: Not mine. I just happen to like 1x15 amps. Found that lookin' on Reverb. Speaker is a JBL.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby T.U. & T.V. » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:35 am

Ya, Chankgeez - I just read up on that amp auction. The rather informative blurb about the amp did not discuss why it was called "Christmas Tree Amp" but yea I suppose that control panel says it all. $6,700 dolars NZ but no shipping available. . .

Cheers again.
T.U. & T.V.

interested
interested

Postby Jero » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:24 pm

I'm sure I'll regret posting this, as someone will do it before I can...but there should be blown glass ornaments of pedals
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby T.U. & T.V. » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:53 am

Hey Jero - yea wow, do you blow glass? Any ideas? Would valve's be blown glass? Are there blown glass valve's? Yea on a pedal. . .wow! Nice idea aye. . . I reckon they (ideas) float around and it is best to give them life rather than trying to quantize them. . . soul sucking . . . my opinion for sure.
T.U. & T.V.

interested
interested

Postby Jero » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:29 pm

T.U. & T.V. wrote:Hey Jero - yea wow, do you blow glass? Any ideas? Would valve's be blown glass? Are there blown glass valve's? Yea on a pedal. . .wow! Nice idea aye. . . I reckon they (ideas) float around and it is best to give them life rather than trying to quantize them. . . soul sucking . . . my opinion for sure.

It would be a huge undertaking to do DIY. I do know a professional glass blower though!

Would have to sculpt the pedal (or hello 3d printer! and acid/sanding (to remove print lines))
Then have a metal mold made. Each one gets blown to shape inside the mold.
Coat the insides of the glass with silver solution, for the chrome look.
Paint the final finish, etc

Having it done by a factory is more likely, but would have initial setup costs plus large minimums of course...Make mockups and do preorders?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion