Pedalboard for sale, won't sell pedals individually!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Pedalboard for sale, won't sell pedals individually!

Postby qersty » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:51 am

Do these kinda listings come up for you often? I see them every once in a while and it's often pretty big boards too. Anyone have any ideas why you would sell like this? I feel you could cash in selling pedals and the other stuff individually. Does it even appeal to anyone buying something like this? I'd get it if it was some replica of a famous guy's board (still kinda dumb but i get it). For a while I thought it was stolen stuff but like it would be so easy to identify it doesn't make any sense
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Pedalboard for sale, won't sell pedals individually!

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:31 am

I've bought two loaded pedalboards in the past. One young guy who poured a bunch of money into guitar and immediately lost interest, one old dude who hadn't used it in 20 years. I think some people just cbf selling things individually / don't understand the second hand market :idk:

Both times I was able to sell the stuff I didn't need individually for below market price and still recuperate most if not all of the cost, so it made sense.

But what I've started seeing in the past few years is like, they're asking AT LEAST the market price of everything added up all the way down to the patch cables, with some self-aggrandizing blurb implying they're doing you the service of curating and assembling a 'professional' board or something... :wha?:

Maybe it's a side effect of the increasing number of people paying gear shops for pedalboard consultation and assembly? Fucking perplexing, really.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:45 am

i think the most i have seen have been similar cases to the first two. Still weirds me out cause its often 10 pedal boards or something so youd think they have some hum how things work.

the pro-built board thing is just insane to me. especially cause i slaughter my board at least a monthdef would be a huge waste of money. dick move to charge for the cables tho, no matter how fancy used cables is something id only pay very little if anything
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:08 am

If you aren't relentlessly re-arranging and swapping out and cable-tying and troubleshooting weird hissing noises yourself, you're doing it wrong :)*

In 2013 i got an 80s boss board with the VB-2, DD-2, DF-2, PH-1r, CE-3, CS-2 and PSM-5 all in mint condition for less than a beat to shit VB-2 costs now.. miss the pre-reverb days :cry:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dub » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Same idiots who think customising a guitar with "upgrades" is going to make it worth more on the second-hand market.

No, you're just limiting the pool of interested buyers. Rip that pickup out and sell it separately, you'll get more money. Hang on to your mastery bridge and return that squier to stock you muppets. :whateva:
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Muppets?! Did the Electric Mayhem do one of those “special” band stores on Reverb?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:30 pm

i thought this was a whole pedalboard for sale and got all excited to be able to finally buy some professionally curated tones.

Now I'm just going to have to suck.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm

goroth wrote:i thought this was a whole pedalboard for sale and got all excited to be able to finally buy some professionally curated tones.

Now I'm just going to have to suck.

:lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm

i can't wait until the day we can buy influencers' DI tracks and play them through our rigs and pretend we're jamming with the coolest musicians who have ever lived
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:05 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Muppets?! Did the Electric Mayhem do one of those “special” band stores on Reverb?

:animal:
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:29 pm

I feel like this was a standard thing in the early Reverb days, back when smaller shops would buy up inventory that would easily be shipped for them to part out, but I can't believe that it happened that much? CME's The Mothership was probably the no.1 perp of this kind of behavior & turnaround, and I can't say it was enuff 2 justify a sizable return on investment, overall (or not stoke the ire of anyone who remembers their infamous rise to the bottom). But I also can imagine brick & mortars taking in gear or swapping it for in-store items (TGP seems like the place to proof of life this entire thread, I say somewhat sadly), back when Reverb was bigger on trades and smaller on Flippertronics. But maybe there's still a big market for pre-loved George L's that I don't know about, still?
qersty wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:Muppets?! Did the Electric Mayhem do one of those “special” band stores on Reverb?

:animal:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:02 am

I think there is some market for used george l plugs cause they used to make bare brass ones some people enjoy
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:58 pm

qersty wrote:I think there is some market for used george l plugs cause they used to make bare brass ones some people enjoy

I just wish some one made patch cables like 90s radioshack ones, shit I still have some that work.. and yet every name brand I bought over the last 15 years I have one die when re-wiring a pedalboard.. even pancake end cables!
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue May 10, 2022 3:41 am

backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dub » Tue May 10, 2022 4:36 am

"Plays great"
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Discussion