Conspiracy Theories You Believe or Find Interesting

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe or Find Interesting

Postby Jero » Sat May 28, 2022 9:30 pm

Oh girl, you have no faith in medicine
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 pm

K records was created to elevate people that sound like your friend who just started learning and wrote an hours worth of songs about their cat to the level of indie rock star in an attempt to destroy all music leaving the world silent and tearful, eagerly anticipating the apocalypse.

p.s I live in Olympia ;)
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Mon May 30, 2022 8:28 pm

If you're saying that the music released on K records was so good that it should have made all the musicians with expensive gear and bad songs sell all their stuff, then I agree.

If you for some reason thinks the world is worse off for their releases idk what to say. Many of my absolute favorite artists were on that label so I'm a bit biased, I'm sure your view of it is different being in Olympia.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Adoom » Tue May 31, 2022 2:49 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:I don't believe a word of it, but I can waste hours reading about Tartaria.

Well that is a Pandoras Box I probably should not have opened.

:wha?:
I play.

https://linktr.ee/adhamhocaoimh

((( :zen: )))

Wonderful Dealings With: Behndy, lumena, smallsnd/bigsnd, Ryan

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic."
Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:K records was created to elevate people that sound like your friend who just started learning and wrote an hours worth of songs about their cat to the level of indie rock star in an attempt to destroy all music leaving the world silent and tearful, eagerly anticipating the apocalypse.

p.s I live in Olympia ;)

Did you ever read Our Band Could Be Your Life? Calvin comes off as more of a guy who likes people to share that kind of music (or whatever kind of music) for each other, less about stardom & more about keeping your DIY ethos close, etc. But I can't help to read between the lines that K was also about his horndogedness (20-somethings everywhere, I guess), and that debacle with the fires and the royalties from 2016 spotlight the reality of such an undertaking, so maybe it's all less a conspiracy and more of the wine of youth, 60's yearning, consensual STD's, etc., which would make it wholly more benign than the overall quality of Sleater Kinney's last two records (never truly on K, but oh well!).

In a better world, Lois (Maffeo) would be a household name & have her music included on the final season of Stranger Things, but we live in an just okay present, nevertheless,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XQEjuGv_g
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue May 31, 2022 9:36 pm

:idk: Nope I haven’t, but I think you are on to something… although I seem to be one person removed from people that worked for and were on k wayyy too many times.. I also know and have worked with people that started the folk/acoustic thing here in the 60s… from what I can tell this you have the influence of evergreen collage and weird obsession with 60s tropes in a almost militant diy. So you have a thing that sort of comes from a mixture of trust fund hippies and gutter punks coming together in their love for John Prine and protest music.. still… a good place to start is to check out the ph factor which will take you down a very dark and jug band filled rabbit hole :thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:26 pm

Jero wrote:Oh girl, you have no faith in medicine

Ah no I'm firmly a believer in modern science and medicine. Vaxxed etc.

But I also believe that as a society we have a propensity to ignore issues until it's far too late (climate change, Jan 6, etc etc etc.)
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:08 pm

fldrvr wrote:

But I also believe that as a society we have a propensity to ignore issues until it's far too late (climate change, Jan 6, etc etc etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVtByJNA290
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:28 am

fldrvr wrote:

I agree fully...I think we missed the boat on climate change and humanity is doomed to suffer going forward.

And January 6th...I can't believe what is unfolding right before our eyes...trump gonna be president again and ultimately work to stay in their (and I think he's gonna pull it off).
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:20 am

coupleonapkins wrote:
fldrvr wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVtByJNA290

Ha my bad! :thumb: :!!!:
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:56 pm

What about FrazzleDrip, the idea that Hillary Clinton and Human Abedin cut the faces off of teenage girls and wear them like masks, while dancing around. QAnon related. Part of the larger "Democrats are pedophiles" conspiracy theory.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:22 am

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:53 pm

I dunno about consipracy theories, but I don't know if there is a way that anyone can deny that the US military &/or govt knows more than a thing or two about us not being alone in the universe. The recent legislature in the US govt and the way it got torn apart by both parties (on behalf of defense contractors) to basically make the legislation pointless beyond it being a spotlight on the fact that there definitely is SOMETHING there
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:31 pm

cosmicevan wrote:I dunno about consipracy theories, but I don't know if there is a way that anyone can deny that the US military &/or govt knows more than a thing or two about us not being alone in the universe. The recent legislature in the US govt and the way it got torn apart by both parties (on behalf of defense contractors) to basically make the legislation pointless beyond it being a spotlight on the fact that there definitely is SOMETHING there

No shade, but I'm p. sure all those vids are just wayward balloons? :idk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVrVSEwKjCQ

If there is any intelligent lyfe out there, there is no doubt in my mind that those beings all helen reddy visited & gave up on this place, probably around thee thymee of Billy Beer, possibly B4 most ppl being borne reading this thread were such'd :cool:

Can't blame 'em, honus lee :::beisbolbeangif:::

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:01 pm

I’m beginning to think the MTG is actually funded by the DNC….. :hobbes:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext