· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: So, what did you get for the solstice? Show your loot!

Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:44 pm

I mean …

:!!!:

- The R2 cyclops was a chistmas / birthday gift from my wife. It’s a Total riff machine, just a few days with the guitar and I can really understand the things they saved on to put it in the 1k range. So incredibly stoked to have it, I will take it too a local luthier shop and get a nice set up and then upgrade then machine heads to locking Grovers. It stays in tune ok enough for my lowsey playing

- the cab m and bongzilla fuzz are from Cosmic Evan for this years SS. The Bongzilla Fuzz is sludgy as fuck and playing in drop tuning it writes for itself. I am so stoked for the Two tones Cab M - it’s way more versatile than my Darkglass Element. I can’t wait to deep dive.

Then a load of snax some underware and a coffee cup came too. Parents always give a little bit of scratch so I will be using some of those funds for my set up of the Cyclops.
Attachments
DD2E559D-B487-437B-95E1-3B359EBFA741.jpeg
DD2E559D-B487-437B-95E1-3B359EBFA741.jpeg (117.25 KiB) Viewed 1571 times

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Well, a house.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Sads from missing all my family and friends that died this year

Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 am

Condolences :(

Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:45 am

It’s hard to lose one person in a year. I can’t imagine losing many. Really sorry.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:55 pm

John wrote:Sads from missing all my family and friends that died this year

I lost some dear friends / family this year - including my dear beloved dog Benji

Hang in there!

:hug:

Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:04 pm

Dogs are definitely family, but thankfully ours have survived 2021 (though our cat did not). Sorry to hear about Benji (a classic name!).

Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:44 pm

I sure hope my grandpa didn't spend much money on this garbage.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:47 pm

https://twitter.com/chuckjaywalk/status ... 8566043651
My partner bought a Fender Brad Paisley Road-Worn Telecaster for us to share. I'm too ham-fisted for it, but it is a great guitar for her. Weighs 5 pounds, loud as fuck, and has a neck like a baseball bat. The sparkly finish is icing on the case. She calls her Bailey.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:42 pm

MaxMaps wrote:I mean …

- The R2 cyclops was a chistmas / birthday gift from my wife. It’s a Total riff machine, just a few days with the guitar and I can really understand the things they saved on to put it in the 1k range. So incredibly stoked to have it, I will take it too a local luthier shop and get a nice set up and then upgrade then machine heads to locking Grovers. It stays in tune ok enough for my lowsey playing

Man that guitar with THAT bridge is a joy for the eyes. :love:

I received... A lamp to put over the mirror in the bathroom. Considering that we moved more than 1 year ago and there were still floating cables coming out of that wall, I must say I really appreciated the gift :idea:
Last edited by Dowi on Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:54 am

Dowi wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:I mean …

/quote]

Man that guitar with THAT bridge is a joy for the eyes. :love:

I received... A lamp to put over the mirror in the bathroom. Considering that we moved more than 1 year ago and there were still floating cables coming out of that wall, I must say I really appreciated the gift :idea:

The high e string kept slipping off the bridge, probably because my technique is shit and I ham fist the guitar, however it looks SO bad ass its an easy thing to forgive.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:01 pm

Didn't get anything electronic this year, but did get a tongue drum! Which is quite beautiful and amazingly good considering its price - it's by Kudout, is a 12" size and has 13 notes on a C Major scale. Totally recommend it if you want something surprisingly loud and different sounding... now thinking I might need to attach some contact mics and run those through some delays or reverbs....hmmmm

Oh one slight issue - it's quite heavy and the note order seems completely random to me (although my son who has played steel pans before says they can be like that, so maybe this is normal - anyway it sounds lovely!)

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:59 am

moid wrote:now thinking I might need to attach some contact mics and run those through some delays or reverbs....hmmmm

I've been doing precisely that with my smaller/cheaper one, and it is highly recommended!

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:13 pm

Thanks! This evening I plugged one contact mic inside the drum and one on the outside of it and mixed them 50/50 into an EHX Attack Decay set to fade out the attack and then put that into an tcelectronic Tailspin to add vibrato and then finally a digiverb on church mode with a fair bit of reverb, and then recorded a separate channel of clean sound from a normal microphone in the room and mixed together and it sounds unearthly and beautiful in a sort of early 1960s Joe Meek meets Grouper on AIA Alien Observer album vibe... thanks for making me try it! The attack decay pedal and a vibrato and reverb makes the tongue drum into a beautiful synth pad meets marimba with soft beaters kind of thing. Yes I do want a marimba as well...
Post a reply