Do you guys think we live in the matrix or something like it

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Do you guys think we live in the matrix or something lik

Postby Jero » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Snufkino wrote:We're hardwired to find meaning in everything, it's clearly plays a big part in both our survival mechanisms and higher intelligence. We experience a coincidence, then another and another, and the first one was related to what we were thinking about at the time, but then our sense of awareness and curiosity ("Is this danger?") comes into play, but has no way of being resolved and so another part of the brain starts reeling off greater possibilities and the gateway to schizophrenia starts to open?

Having said that, I'm still kind of fascinated by the coincidences themselves. I wonder what the chances are that you're thinking of X and then X is soon mentioned or experiences in some way. Then take into account that it's a seemingly very common occurance you can see why people get carried away to want to find meaning. Also what's up with when you hear of twins living on opposite sides of the planet getting married, or doing some esoteric thing at the same time, or you're thinking about someone you've not thought about for ages and then they call? What's causing that thought in the first place, and why at that specific time? Where's Morpheus to explain all this shit when you need him?

Maybe he was there, but died and we're all fucked. Phone boxes have been disappearing over the last decade so there are less escape routes. Coincidence?

Some form of morphic resonance?
...that pay phone thing is fun to think about :snax:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Never really got the "coincidences happen -> we must live in a simulation" line of thinking. Coincidences happen because we ourselves repeat patterns with a limited number of choices, no?

When I was like 11 my family drove from eastern Washington to the tip of Baja, and we were in a little beach town near Cabo and my PE teacher from school was on the beach.

This was the defining moment when I began to question reality. Simulation .. probably :idk:

Haha, I've had something like that happen, I was on a trip to Florida (from New England) and I went into a Friendly's for lunch and my music teacher was in there, I was probably 11 too. :wha?:
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Jero wrote:
Snufkino wrote:We're hardwired to find meaning in everything, it's clearly plays a big part in both our survival mechanisms and higher intelligence. We experience a coincidence, then another and another, and the first one was related to what we were thinking about at the time, but then our sense of awareness and curiosity ("Is this danger?") comes into play, but has no way of being resolved and so another part of the brain starts reeling off greater possibilities and the gateway to schizophrenia starts to open?

Having said that, I'm still kind of fascinated by the coincidences themselves. I wonder what the chances are that you're thinking of X and then X is soon mentioned or experiences in some way. Then take into account that it's a seemingly very common occurance you can see why people get carried away to want to find meaning. Also what's up with when you hear of twins living on opposite sides of the planet getting married, or doing some esoteric thing at the same time, or you're thinking about someone you've not thought about for ages and then they call? What's causing that thought in the first place, and why at that specific time? Where's Morpheus to explain all this shit when you need him?

Maybe he was there, but died and we're all fucked. Phone boxes have been disappearing over the last decade so there are less escape routes. Coincidence?

Someone's reading Rupert Sheldrake.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
Jero wrote:

Maybe he was there, but died and we're all fucked. Phone boxes have been disappearing over the last decade so there are less . escape routes. Coincidence?

Someone's reading Rupert Sheldrake.

:lol: not really, but I find it somewhat interesting. Improbable as it may be.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:12 pm

short answer: no. i don't think we're living in a simulation in that kind of strict sense. the relative malleability of reality is a whole other question which a lifetime of pondering and research have not satisfactorily explicated. there's definitely more to the picture than meets the eye, as Neil Young put it. i've seen and experienced stuff that's beyond the bounds of accepted reality and was independently confirmed by at least one other person on a number of occasions. but the extent to which things are manipulable is pretty much impossible to establish empirically. and you're probably better off not fucking with it anyway...you can get in trouble really quick.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:33 pm

dubkitty wrote:i've seen and experienced stuff that's beyond the bounds of accepted reality and was independently confirmed by at least one other person on a number of occasions.

I too've read the writings of Carlos Castaneda. :trippy:

I tried to construct my own timeline of what he wrote about. Not with any sort of success either. It was impossible. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby resincum » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:30 am

yes and the last step for the simulation to become self aware is for you to take the psychedelics!
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am

dubkitty wrote:i've seen and experienced stuff that's beyond the bounds of accepted reality

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Does anyone ever remember "adrenochrome" being acknowledged as fictitious and made up?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:25 pm

repoman wrote:Does anyone ever remember "adrenochrome" being acknowledged as fictitious and made up?

I actually know this cause I had to look it up ten years ago for a film school screen writing assignment. Harvesting adrenochrome was going to be the a plot device in one my scripts. It's a real substance. It's just not a real thing the way Hunter S Thompson described it. It's unscheduled in the USA. That may be where your confusion (if any) comes from.

UNRELATED BUT RELATED: Related to topics of this thread, but you your questions... I've been reading A LOT about Ibogaine this year. Gives me anxiety just reading about it. I personally do not have the CPU to process all my memories.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:20 am

repoman wrote:Does anyone ever remember "adrenochrome" being acknowledged as fictitious and made up?

It looks like Terry Gilliam says adrenochrome is made up in the special features of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... Maybe that's what you remember?
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 am

calfzilla wrote:

It looks like Terry Gilliam says adrenochrome is made up in the special features of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... Maybe that's what you remember?

Hmm, that maybe it, I thought it maybe deeper though, like remember the wiki page saying it was made up. And now its not.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:45 pm

I've bought myself a fat Wagyu Steak that i'm going to cook for dinner

Just thought i'd share
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous