Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby goroth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:47 am

Ghost Hip wrote:
PuddysJacket wrote: But taking one side of a story as fact is retarded

PuddysJacket wrote:Didn't mean to reply via PM. But, once you learn some reading comprehension, and can articulate a response without name calling, typing in capitals, and cursing, I'll respond to you.

You're out of here, bud.

If anyone else wants to be a sexist and ignorant piece of shit, PM me first and we can make this process a whole lot quicker. And if you disagree with this act of banning, you can get the fuck off my forum. :hello:

Fuck.
Yeah.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby popvulture » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 am

Yes, THANK YOU.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 pm

New thread title suggestion: ILF's mostly absent moderation makes moves to be #woke?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Too real.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm

D.o.S. wrote:New thread title suggestion: ILF's mostly absent moderation makes moves to be #woke?

There's a report button above every asshole's post. :hello: and I have an inbox. Your joke rings true and I think about it almost everyday. I was even developing a plan to put up new mods to help me out but life got hectic. I suppose I will reach out to those parties again and get it taken care of.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby aens_wife » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 pm

D.o.S. wrote:New thread title suggestion: ILF's mostly absent moderation makes moves to be #woke?

Defending rapists and abusers isn't exactly a tough line for most of us to toe, ya know?

And for people, like me, who are really struggling with the current issues in american life (political and cultural backlash or whatever you want to call it), I really appreciate someone stepping in and ending the bs here.

If you have never been assaulted, it might hard to understand the stress it causes to watch people defend that behavior, but I hope that there is some empathy in most of you (not just singling you out, DOS).

Also, it isn't like the dude was a wonderful member of our community here who was just trying to understand someone else's point, right? He was a low-post count dickhead who likes to upset people. No great loss.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:

There's a report button above every asshole's post. :hello: and I have an inbox. Your joke rings true and I think about it almost everyday. I was even developing a plan to put up new mods to help me out but life got hectic. I suppose I will reach out to those parties again and get it taken care of.

Not to totally derail or anything, but I don't think that the description of "mostly absent" was meant to be a jab? It's something that I like about this place. It seems that a major theme of the "The Gear Page" thread is mocking their over-zealous mods. I think being a moderator on this site, or really any forum, sounds like a daunting task and I'm thankful and impressed by the job that the mods do here on ILF. :hello: :hug:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm

DoS' ironic joke landed? :idk: :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:43 pm

PuddysJacket wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Edit: So, we don't know yet. People were saying that this sucks and that nobody is pure. Then you enter with the «We don't know, she might lie»-thing. What exactly prompted you to do that?

Probably the fact that the general sentiment on the first couple pages was "wow, nobody saw this coming....really sucks. Why are men like this?".....as if this was something definite, set in concrete. People lie all the time, that's why we have due process. If you're asking me to be open to the idea that the dude raped her while she was unconscious - of course. But taking one side of a story as fact is retarded, and is what almost everyone on this thread is doing.

Hate to point to the Gira thing again...but I had the same stance in that case and guess what? The chick was full of shit and just angry he didn't return her feelings.

PuddysJacket wrote:
Eivind August wrote:
PuddysJacket wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Edit: So, we don't know yet. People were saying that this sucks and that nobody is pure. Then you enter with the «We don't know, she might lie»-thing. What exactly prompted you to do that?

Probably the fact that the general sentiment on the first couple pages was "wow, nobody saw this coming....really sucks. Why are men like this?".....as if this was something definite, set in concrete. People lie all the time, that's why we have due process. If you're asking me to be open to the idea that the dude raped her while she was unconscious - of course. But taking one side of a story as fact is retarded, and is what almost everyone on this thread is doing.

Hate to point to the Gira thing again...but I had the same stance in that case and guess what? The chick was full of shit and just angry he didn't return her feelings.

Ok, good luck being right in a few percent of these cases. Hope that feeling of accomplishment is worth it.

In all seriousness, I see your general point (I think everyone here does), but I do not see the point of arguing so vehemently about it. Nobody in this thread had called Orri a rapist as far as I can tell. Most of us, however, seem to feel for the accuser in cases such as this, or at least to be empathetic to their struggle. I'm having a hard time seeing why anybody would think otherwise, which is why I called you out.

The precedent being set by incidents like these is what's unsettling. By simply accusing him, the dude's time in a band touring the world is over. For the rest of his life he'll be known as a rapist by anyone who googles him.

It would've been the same for Gira as well, and 3/4 of the self-policing indie community had already convicted him - look at his lyrics, his music, his stories. He was not a hard sell as someone who'd do something terrible if you know his work.

Except...he didn't do it. He 'victim' had sent him dozens of emails both before and after the incident - she was quite literally obsessed with him.

Again, nobody has to label someone outright for one to gauge what the general sentiment is. All I'm doing is remaining objective, that's it. If that leads you to assuming I'm defending one of the most heinous crimes on the planet...there has been a critical misstep in your logic somewhere along the line.

Yep and yep
Faldoe

Postby odontophobia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 pm

my favorite part is when puddy called out louise for name calling but didn't call bullshit on himself for throwing retarded around.
tf.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 am

My favorite part was when Puddy went from wanting to be in ILFSS despite having under 50 posts to causing a 10-page (well, technically 7 but, whatever) shitshow and getting his ass banned.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am

UglyCasanova wrote:DoS' ironic joke landed? :idk: :lol:

I got that it was a joke but still wanted to address it because there is an inkling of truth to it. I'm around enough to know DoS' humor. :lol:
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 am

aens_wife wrote:

Defending rapists and abusers isn't exactly a tough line for most of us to toe, ya know?

And for people, like me, who are really struggling with the current issues in american life (political and cultural backlash or whatever you want to call it), I really appreciate someone stepping in and ending the bs here.

If you have never been assaulted, it might hard to understand the stress it causes to watch people defend that behavior, but I hope that there is some empathy in most of you (not just singling you out, DOS).

Also, it isn't like the dude was a wonderful member of our community here who was just trying to understand someone else's point, right? He was a low-post count dickhead who likes to upset people. No great loss.

Just so it's clear, that wasn't a deadly serious post. It was maybe not in the best timing, but I figured there needed to be a bit of levity in this thread because, generally, we all get along and we're all 98% in agreement anyway -- the 2% gets very heated very fast, though.

I'm certainly not upset that this dude got banned, especially because it got pretty clear pretty quickly that he wasn't, you know, actually listening.

THAT SAID!

If it had been a super serious post I would have pulled off being accused of virtue signaling and having my empathy for victims questioned in the same thread. That would have been something.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:59 pm

I think this thread was doomed from the get go. It's a nice thought to think everyone would be in agreement here but that's not going to be the case. What could have been a discussion, turned into a heated argument. It's sad and I'm actually disgusted by it.

I think the internet is the worst possible place to talk about these things. People just stir shit up on the internet, it's the way things are no matter where you go.
\
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby dubkitty » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:08 pm

i certainly didn't mean or expect that things would go like that. i just put it up because i thought it was newsworthy. i'm tired...can i go to the planet with no genders for a bit and rest?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion