Things to do in San Francisco

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Things to do in San Francisco

Postby samzadgan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 am

I'm gonna be traveling solo in San Francisco for about 4 days at the beginning of May...can people recommend me some stuff to see and do?

guitar shops high on the agenda, as well as somewhere with some big silver rings

also..if anyone wants to get me drunk...I'm up for that too

also also...just realised Weed is legal...where's the best spot to get some...shops, cafe's?
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Things to do in San Francisco

Postby dubkitty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:27 am

Golden Gate Park is really good. if you'd go to Central Park in NYC, go to GGP. especially see the buffalo paddock. don't bother with the Haight unless you're in the market for hippie kitsch. The DeYoung Museum is supposed to be good, but i've never been even though i lived in the Bay Area for over 30 years. ditto for the Museum of Modern Art. the Legion of Honor museum is skippable. and for god's sake get yourself some Mexican and Chinese food! the burritos are like nothing else you'll ever see--i could go for one right now!--and the Chinese food is stunning and pretty authentic for America.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:07 am

dubkitty wrote: and for god's sake get yourself some Mexican and Chinese food! the burritos are like nothing else you'll ever see--i could go for one right now!--and the Chinese food is stunning and pretty authentic for America.

Burritos are essential. Bay Area is super rad but as I've only been there once and briefly I am useless beyond pointing out that beer and burritos are key.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Church of Satan and the weed ice creamery.

I went to really boring places the only time I was there :(
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HorseyBoy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Best guitar store is Real Guitars (they're on Lafayette St): http://www.realguitars.com
One other thing I'd do would be to take a trip to Japan Town and hit Benkyodo for some mochi. Buy enough to get you through the whole trip. They go down great after a burrito: http://www.benkyodocompany.com
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 pm

I don't know anything rad to do for guitars or jewelry, but if you're around on a wednesday I'd love to grab some drinks. I'm normally up north a bit but I stay in Berkeley every wednesday night for school. :hello:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:42 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Church of Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIygRHx6qE

:doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Too bad metreon is gone.

Could have seen the Moebius bowling alley. Used to go there to watch movies and look at that weird rpg figurine store.

Irving Street pizza on/around 19th and Irving. I ate there every weekend for 4 years. Drove 3-4 hours after work and the wife and I would go there.

There are some kinda neat ruins up near the north part of ocean Beach (off the outer sunset) that was like a turn off the century bath house/amusement park.

Golden Gate Park is cool. All that stuff has been said. Sometime there are cool festivals there for free. Join a drum circle too.

Haight can be cool if there is something else going on. I got kinda smothered in a leathers crowd there once.

Rent a car and get blocked by critical mass.

Hop down to Pacifica if you want a Rob Schiender sighting.

The bar scene is ok. Nothing like LA or other big cities.

If you are into dim sum, there are some good places that my wife liked (she won't eat the stuff down here in LA).

Check out a Giants game...that's a nice park. Stay away from. The Oakland Park though unless you like backed up toilets.

Try to find Buckethead in Colma!

Check out alternative tentacles and mrr and see what they mention...Arnocorps might be playing or a Jello DJ set with Al from ministry.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby samzadgan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:11 am

I’ve been to San Francisco a few times...and burritos have always been high on the agenda!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far

echorec wrote:http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=56204

I’ll have to check out this thread...not sure why it didn’t show up when I did a search...thanks though

PeteeBee wrote:I don't know anything rad to do for guitars or jewelry, but if you're around on a wednesday I'd love to grab some drinks. I'm normally up north a bit but I stay in Berkeley every wednesday night for school. :hello:

That would have been cool man, but I fly out on the 8th, which is a Tuesday night.

Planning to see Morbid Angle on the Monday...so that should be cool as fuck!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to General Discussion