Vero

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Vero

Postby Seance » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 pm

friendship wrote: I deleted Facebook a few years ago, never looked back and never regretted it. In January I decided to stop posting/reading Twitter and I think it had a genuinely positive impact on my anxiety and stress too; I started reading it again in February and guess what, I started feeling like shit again. I'm going to be deleting it permanently.

IG still seems safe, I only follow some friends and as long as I don't look at the Discover tab I won't be transfixed by buxom cosplayers and high schooler memes that inexplicably litter the place.

Yes! Facebook is a FOMO virus, rubbing your nose in what you are being excluded from or rubbing your nose in the BS that you avoid in "real life".

And of course the internet tends towards the "bathroom graffiti" syndrome where anonymity brings out the worst, cancerous thoughts of some.

"Social media" often seems more like "anti-social media".
It trains people to rabidly seek hits and likes and it conditions people to the idea that "access to the world" is necessary 24/7.
But what that really means is 24/7 access to your brain and activities and movements so for to sell consumption.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Just chiming in now that it’s all actually working for me, there are some features I really like. Specifically the ability to share things with different categories: close friends, friends, acquaintances, or followers. Makes me way more likely to post stuff.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aedes » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:53 pm

I SEE JWAR. (looks like the search function is working now)
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 am

aedes wrote:I SEE JWAR. (looks like the search function is working now)

I see you too! :) I can't get the search function to work. lol. I tried to follow Vero and it wouldn't even let me. I managed to upload a video though. That's an improvement.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby goroth » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am

weebles wrote:My Instagram feed is still chronological?

Nope. It's some sort of algorithm. Not sure what it's based on. Obviously what you click on but that doesn't seem to be the whole story.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Everyone is "bashing algorithms" lately.

Is it really that bad to see advertisements for things you're interested in buying?

Is it really that bad to have your most preferred content (by likes and comments etc) to be shown more frequently than others. I follow a lot of people and I never engage in a food post; only gear related stuff. In turn my feed is mostly gear stuff and no other BS I don't care about.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:44 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:Everyone is "bashing algorithms" lately.

It's sometimes nice to encounter something that you didn't know that you would fall in love with.
Serendipity of experience allows for expanding one's mind/parameters to encounter some new thing
that you didn't even know you needed in your life.

But I agree about the fucking food pron. Fuck all that with a rusty spork.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm

I dislike algorithms in this case because it impacts how I can use the app. *front porch rocking chair voice* back in the day I could know that it has been a few hours since I checked, so I could just scroll back until that point and know that I didn't miss anything. This approach doesn't work anymore. I've cut back a lot of the things I follow in order to avoid missing posts by friends because that was happening and it bummed me out. I don't think I post or comment enough for the algorithm to really function optimally. It would probably be better if I was more active.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby weebles » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:42 pm

goroth wrote:
weebles wrote:My Instagram feed is still chronological?

Nope. It's some sort of algorithm. Not sure what it's based on. Obviously what you click on but that doesn't seem to be the whole story.

:idk: Seemed chronological to me before I deleted it. I never saw those multiple days old posts, anyway, and the posts that I did see were chronological.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm

weebles wrote: :idk: Seemed chronological to me before I deleted it. I never saw those multiple days old posts, anyway, and the posts that I did see were chronological.

When was the last time you'd updated it?
Two years ago?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Seance wrote:
friendship wrote: I deleted Facebook a few years ago, never looked back and never regretted it. In January I decided to stop posting/reading Twitter and I think it had a genuinely positive impact on my anxiety and stress too; I started reading it again in February and guess what, I started feeling like shit again. I'm going to be deleting it permanently.

IG still seems safe, I only follow some friends and as long as I don't look at the Discover tab I won't be transfixed by buxom cosplayers and high schooler memes that inexplicably litter the place.

Yes! Facebook is a FOMO virus, rubbing your nose in what you are being excluded from or rubbing your nose in the BS that you avoid in "real life".

And of course the internet tends towards the "bathroom graffiti" syndrome where anonymity brings out the worst, cancerous thoughts of some.

It trains people to rabidly seek hits and likes and it conditions people to the idea that "access to the world" is necessary 24/7.
But what that really means is 24/7 access to your brain and activities and movements so for to sell consumption.

pour vivre heureux vivons cachés
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 pm

friendship wrote:
Seance wrote:

pour vivre heureux vivons cachés

:cool:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 pm

The only social media I enjoy is ILF and 4chan
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 pm

I forgot about this and opened the app again. It seems like the fad has passed
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aedes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I see mostly cross-posted ads from fender and jwar's boner pics. Just like my instagram.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion