Diminishing returns of info ...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:funny, that transfer soul to engram sd card stuff has been poping up a lot lately watching 80's/90's tv shows...
Can consciousness exist outside of meat?

and all joking aside...Im grateful to have had the blessed experience witnessing "something"....what I do not know, but at least I wasnt alone.. so I cant blame the thing up stairs ya know.....now "soul" spirit babble is of a never ending discussion...
so,
one of my "encounters" I have dismissed as a normal supernatural event brought apon by the electro magnetic subspace forces that be?, coined a perfect storm for a visual representation on how things can move without moving and stabilize a current in the filament of an old unplugged lamp....or it could have been a dead hooker the landlord killed one night resonating back on Easter night.....all I know is there is something, something.......after years of searching for this something, Its only something that can be understood by you and you alone, makes you appreciate being meat...you think this worlds crazy? you should see the others :cool: .
can consciousness exist outside of meat....I would have to say yes, for input is input.. either genes/engineers force the run around till the output is free from preconditioning and the birth surface is taint with new experiences to transfer threw the next able life form, genetic memory is a microcosm of lost souls.
consciousness is....consciousness is....overlooked, simple.. blown out of proportion.. exalted... nothing special when spoken threw organic mouths.

consciousness is a psychedelic experience and what is that but your universe manifesting itself, revealing tid bits of information from the whole within the metascaping whole which resembles the interweb manifested by our psychedelic mind called conscious
...hard to think when sesame street is being played behind me lol
id like to think theres some super control center like in the movie "the earth died screaming", & that satellite control tower is generating some field of ultimate interchanging modes that makes organics wonder/question being.

nothing is ever lost.

You sound like professor oblivion :thumb: :

In all seriousness, if the web/net/ai can give us a better grasp of what it is to be "us" or "i" all the better, but I tend to believe that the raw material/information we need for "meaning" has already been with us for a while; I don't think the net/web/ai is a necessity for discovering our "higher being" ... in fact, I think it is more of a distraction ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 pm

... BTW ...

The whole sex-bot/human-machine hybrid idea is OLD ... Dean Koontz wrote this book in '73:

Here's the trailer for the movie ('77):

It's right around the corner and once you get around that corner, it's around the next one ... :animal:
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 am

The diminishing return of information is us..where for are thy muse, oh great creator god! :joy:
When you replace TV with your own programs then find the uploaders only went so far.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:The diminishing return of information is us..where for are thy muse, oh great creator god! :joy:
When you replace TV with your own programs then find the uploaders only went so far.

I actually think TV may have been better than YouTube because of constraints built into it. There were only so many channels and the viewer was “forced” to watch ideas/information that they would normally not seek, which can be very good for you. Selecting only content we would like (or having a bot select it for us) creates a self-reinforcing echo chamber.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Absolutely, point on.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:07 pm

AI Winter is coming!

JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am

Bumping this thread because it seems like a good place as any to say I think I hate going online now. What was an endless font of info when I was a teenager feels more like a cesspool at best and a pointless time suck at worst. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:26 am

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/07/01/ne ... ke-videos/

JereFuzz wrote:AI Winter is coming!

When can we expect him?

Al Winter's an old friend of mine.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lost in music » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57 am

friendship wrote:Bumping this thread because it seems like a good place as any to say I think I hate going online now. What was an endless font of info when I was a teenager feels more like a cesspool at best and a pointless time suck at worst. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

I do very little with the info that I spend all day passing through my brain.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am

lost in music wrote:
friendship wrote:Bumping this thread because it seems like a good place as any to say I think I hate going online now. What was an endless font of info when I was a teenager feels more like a cesspool at best and a pointless time suck at worst. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

I do very little with the info that I spend all day passing through my brain.

Exactly! Like I'm pumping myself full of content all day for what exactly? Sometimes I go down an educational Wiki k-hole but other than that...? :idk: :?:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 pm

I totally understand the sentiment, obviously, but I think many of us are using it wrong. With more info available I can’t help but notice that there is more the same info/opinions. I have a sense that there was less yet more varied info in the past, less categorized perhaps. Everything has been silo’d and platformed for the market segmented masses. And the refinement of market segments improves everyday as we provide the platforms with more info for their algorithms. For example, there’s been much talk of “civil war” in the U.S. recently, via YouTube. Why? Has viewership dipped a bit and a new enticing idea has to be thrown out to increase our participation in YouTube? Of course, the feedback loop kicks in and more “content creators” use the new buzzwords to get more hits which increases $$$ to the “cc” who sees which “market segment” enjoys the new buzzword (and what else that market segment likes) so the “cc” can make new “content” to get that “market segment” more invested in the platform. It’s the game of carnies. And nobody left the carnival any smarter than when they went in. Remember what PT Barnum said? I think we may be well beyond the point of diminishing returns. Check out Rushkoff and Jaron Lanier - these guys were there at the beginning and have interesting views to say the least.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

And I wonder, is mainstream media and alt media any different? If the goals/techniques are the same how are they different?
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:30 pm

JereFuzz wrote:And I wonder, is mainstream media and alt media any different? If the goals/techniques are the same how are they different?

Depends on what they're writing about. And that may sound cheap, but "mainstream media" is a vast landscape that encompasses a LOT of topics. Alt-media ballooned with the dawn of the internet to a competitive size. Academia is a distant third now.
When it comes to things like "leisure," "tastemaking" and "branding" - no, the MSM and alt media are the same, just trying to reach different audiences.
When it comes to medicine and science, alt media usually fails spectacularly. Both sides are working to inform an audience made up of people who aren't even informed with basic gateway knowledge & training to know when/if they're being lied to.
When it comes to things like how history informs politics, now the two are working a big gray area where nearly anything goes.

It's talked up all the time (usually from the outside) about how terrible MSM is now. But I think the reality is that they're still mostly great at what they do when they use their assets to source leads & info and then double check it before publishing. They're doing this 24 hours a day now though, so initial errors are coming at a higher rate, but honestly, the traditional journalistic process works as it always did. These outlets are just being pounded on by outlying competitors, pundits and politicians so much for even cursory errors that the perception of how shitty it all is, is stronger than ever.

IMO once "news" organizations outsized their entertainment divisions to where the line blurred between fact and fancy, it was the beginning of the end. No one in government seemed interested to trust bust gigantor media conglomerates to curtail the trend. They're all huge money factories. Go look up how much money NBC's TODAY show makes for that network. It's cheap infotainment that funds a ridiculous amount of other ventures.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:And I wonder, is mainstream media and alt media any different? If the goals/techniques are the same how are they different?

Depends on what they're writing about. And that may sound cheap, but "mainstream media" is a vast landscape that encompasses a LOT of topics. Alt-media ballooned with the dawn of the internet to a competitive size. Academia is a distant third now.
When it comes to things like "leisure," "tastemaking" and "branding" - no, the MSM and alt media are the same, just trying to reach different audiences.
When it comes to medicine and science, alt media usually fails spectacularly. Both sides are working to inform an audience made up of people who aren't even informed with basic gateway knowledge & training to know when/if they're being lied to.
When it comes to things like how history informs politics, now the two are working a big gray area where nearly anything goes.

Interesting/good points. The one area that I think works against the "public" who uses platforms like YouTube is the granularity to which online platforms understand the "public" (or individuals in that public). Gateway knowledge may have been more attainable in an era where the public had less choice of content. One could happen upon gateway knowledge and use that knowledge as a springboard for understanding other/new information. If someone is in error of gateway knowledge that person may have a difficult time getting that gateway knowledge if the platform is incentivized to give you more of what you already want. It can become a garbage feed loop. But there is $$$ in this type of feed loop. If gateway knowledge is boring/unstimulating there is no incentive in providing that gateway knowledge. And don't get me wrong, I love me some good garbage, but at least I put it in context; at least I hope I do :hobbes:

Sonaboy wrote:It's talked up all the time (usually from the outside) about how terrible MSM is now. But I think the reality is that they're still mostly great at what they do when they use their assets to source leads & info and then double check it before publishing. They're doing this 24 hours a day now though, so initial errors are coming at a higher rate, but honestly, the traditional journalistic process works as it always did. These outlets are just being pounded on by outlying competitors, pundits and politicians so much for even cursory errors that the perception of how shitty it all is, is stronger than ever.

The advent of new fact-checking systems should help the public in the future. But there might be a large segment of the public that won't believe what goes against their beliefs.

Sonaboy wrote:IMO once "news" organizations outsized their entertainment divisions to where the line blurred between fact and fancy, it was the beginning of the end. No one in government seemed interested to trust bust gigantor media conglomerates to curtail the trend. They're all huge money factories. Go look up how much money NBC's TODAY show makes for that network. It's cheap infotainment that funds a ridiculous amount of other ventures.

I've heard this over the years. What amazes me is how many of today's stars go through the star mill pipeline. It seems like everyone making headlines on major news sites are kids who went through the Disney machine. In the age of the internet it's amazing that the multi-level marketing scheme is stronger than ever. In fact, it seems to have never been stronger. Many "stars" are from family actor/musician dynasties or were brought up in the star mill system.
Last edited by JereFuzz on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 pm

Jaron Lanier:

JereFuzz

FAMOUS