Diminishing returns of info ...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:25 pm

JereFuzz wrote:
I've heard this over the years. What amazes me is how many of today's stars go through the star mill pipeline. It seems like everyone making headlines on major news sites are kids who went through the Disney machine. In the age of the internet it's amazing that the multi-level marketing scheme is stronger than ever. In fact, it seems to have never been stronger. Many "stars" are from family actor/musician dynasties or were brought up in the star mill system.

And making another point about blurring the lines of News/Info/Entertainment, Disney just bought FOX entertainment (separate *sure* from FOX News), but this marks the SECOND national network now owned by Disney, ABC being the first. I have no idea how this move couldn't be considered in violation of monopoly laws.
It also means that a smaller and smaller group of people are calling the shots all across Hollywood and Broadway. So in a way, Alt-Media rumbles about mainstream exclusion are correct, but I still think all the cliches about MSM coverups and whatnot on the news side are still mostly bullshit/sour grapes.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Douglass Rushkoff:

“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 pm

The vids above are good summaries of some these folks’ ideas.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:
I've heard this over the years. What amazes me is how many of today's stars go through the star mill pipeline. It seems like everyone making headlines on major news sites are kids who went through the Disney machine. In the age of the internet it's amazing that the multi-level marketing scheme is stronger than ever. In fact, it seems to have never been stronger. Many "stars" are from family actor/musician dynasties or were brought up in the star mill system.

And making another point about blurring the lines of News/Info/Entertainment, Disney just bought FOX entertainment (separate *sure* from FOX News), but this marks the SECOND national network now owned by Disney, ABC being the first. I have no idea how this move couldn't be considered in violation of monopoly laws.
It also means that a smaller and smaller group of people are calling the shots all across Hollywood and Broadway. So in a way, Alt-Media rumbles about mainstream exclusion are correct, but I still think all the cliches about MSM coverups and whatnot on the news side are still mostly bullshit/sour grapes.

I see Alt-Media as an arm of the MSM, unofficially. When will Google get into/merge with MSM and have a hand in both the MSM pot as well as ALT-media pot, officially? It’ll be like WWE wrestling. MSM BAD GUY/ALT-MEDIA GOOD GUY, with goofy government ref, meanwhile a vast majority of $$$ going to the conglomerate. All the while, the conglomerate has all the data/habits of the audience and knows what kind of programming to give this audience.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion