Times I worry about myself

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Times I worry about myself

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Hopefully I'm not alone in this, but there are times when I'm not sure my brain is switched on at all.

Just now I was wondering if there might be an update on the shipping of a shiny new Count To Five, I then thought about checking online what time it is in Canada, but then hesitated as I wouldn't know which bit of Canada to look up.

The thought that inspired this post was "They're called Montreal Assembly, so you might be able to guess where they're based, you idiot."

Which reminded me of a time I went to a friend's birthday do in a pub far enough away for me to have to drive, so I wasn't drinking (otherwise that might have been an excuse). I was standing at the bar, a few feet from my friend trying to remember how much older than him I was (can't remember why).

After a minute or two I thought to myself "Well, you know how old you are, and he's wearing a large badge with flashing LEDs and a big "40" written on it, so you could probably work it out . . . you idiot".
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Times I worry about myself

Postby echorec » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Do you ever feel weightless or experience the sensation of floating?
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blackjaw » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Should this be in the drunk/high thread?
blackjaw

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

blackjaw wrote:Should this be in the drunk/high thread?

no substances to blame, sadly ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

It's OK, Paul_C, I think you're just getting old. It happens to everybody. :hug:

:oldrant:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby actual » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

echorec wrote:Do you ever feel weightless or experience the sensation of floating?

I do sometimes when I'm laying in bed. Suddenly I'll feel the sensation of floating just above the bed and slowly spinning. As soon as I move it's gone. It's actually a really nice sensation
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 pm

neonblack wrote:
echorec wrote:Do you ever feel weightless or experience the sensation of floating?

I do sometimes when I'm laying in bed. Suddenly I'll feel the sensation of floating just above the bed and slowly spinning. As soon as I move it's gone. It's actually a really nice sensation

Interesting!
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:09 pm

neonblack wrote:

I hate that sensation, myself. :grumpy:

I used to get it a lot when I was in school, leaning back zoned out.
Once I noticed the sensation I'd freak out and almost fall out of my chair. :facepalm:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Neon: That's badass dude. I've only had out of body experiences with a bunch of salvia divinorum and always wondered how different it is from people who experience it naturally.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Sometimes the floating thing happens to me too as I'm just walking around or whatever else in the middle of a day.
Occasionally, I feel like I took way too big of a hit from a bong, space out and feel detached from myself. My eyes become difficult to focus and I feel like I'm doing a thousand-yard-stare. I suddenly feel extremely calm. Like, benzo calm. It's hard to put any effort into anything, I almost have to make myself breathe manually. Sometimes my vision develops a motion blur if I look around too fast, which quickly becomes "looking anywhere at all". Then it fades after about an hour.
I figure it's either a stress-induced mental break or brain cancer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 pm

I only feel floaty when I am in the proper mood to o be floaty, although I'm always in the mood to be moody.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 am

What about feeling the world shake as if there was a minor earthquake but there is no real earthquake?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby multi_s » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:14 am

Paul_c, im pretty sure it has already shipped. if you did not get the tracking info you can email me for it mtl.asm@gmail.com

it is true we are actually in montreal, in the EST time zone.

multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm

One of my most vivid memories of my childhood was walking from the edge of the city where I studied to the pseudosuburban corner of Florida where I lived at the time. Despite being in the middle of the city and surrounded by highways this place was deserted on work hours, so if I left school just at the right time I could enjoy my walk back home in complete solitude, eerily quite stillness. Walking through this vacuum of a neighborhood, Sigur Ros drowning even the smallest hint of a sound, would trigger a dissociative state where it felt like I was controlling a machine. I was an invisible operator controlling my body. It was like being high without the messy substances. I would trigger this state often, just about any time I could manage to get out of school early, until one day when it just stopped happening. Pushed out by other worries that where now all to present in my head that grounded me and made me unable to disconnect.

I mark the lost of my ability to leave my body as the end of my childhood.

Anyways, the reason I wrote that is because when I would eventually get home my mind would snap back and I would have a moment of disorientation, thinking "where the fuck am I? Oh right I'm home!" Which the OP post reminded me of.
Last edited by Inconuucl on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to General Discussion