Motorcycle for beginner/local crusing

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Motorcycle for beginner/local crusing

Postby Faldoe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:53 pm

Since I don’t have much of gear gas at the moment I’ve been thinking about getting a motorcycle to ride around town/locally.

I’ 6’3, 190lbs. Looking to spend 2k at the most. I’d like to have something comfortable to ride and good for meditative cruising.

Any suggestions? I’m in the SF Bay.
Faldoe

Re: Motorcycle for beginner/local crusing

Postby weebles » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:54 pm

An older Honda CB is a good intro bike, but they’re getting more expensive lately.

If you’re not getting on the highway/interstate, I’d suggest looking into Sym Wolf Classic. You can probably find one used for about 2k.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby Faldoe » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:15 am

weebles wrote:An older Honda CB is a good intro bike, but they’re getting more expensive lately.

If you’re not getting on the highway/interstate, I’d suggest looking into Sym Wolf Classic. You can probably find one used for about 2k.

I’ve never riden a MC so I’d like to learn and get some serious time under my belt before considering highway, which I don’t think I will. I just want something to ride around town.
Faldoe

Postby imJonWain » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:51 pm

check out a Suzuki Savage or bandit maybe? those are cheap good bikes that could be easy to learn on and still be fun to ride after. My first bike was a 70s cb360 but those were cheap then

or an old honda hawk (not superhawk) is an option, those are great bikes.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby weebles » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Faldoe wrote:
weebles wrote:An older Honda CB is a good intro bike, but they’re getting more expensive lately.

I’ve never riden a MC so I’d like to learn and get some serious time under my belt before considering highway, which I don’t think I will. I just want something to ride around town.

Yeah in that case I’d suggest the Sym Wolf Classic 150. It’s essentially a nicer scooter. Also - if you’re just looking at fooling around town and the motorcycle/scooter/dirt bike distinctions don’t matter much to you, a Honda Ruckus is a really good scooter option.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Return to General Discussion